Ruck's "I don't know shit about home repair" thread.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I woke up to this yesterday. I was kind of surprised.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Are you near a river? Looks like the water got pretty high based on the waterline on your shed. Is your basement wet?

ruckstande

Are you near a river? Looks like the water got pretty high based on the waterline on your shed. Is your basement wet?
No basement. My neighbors basement flooded. There is a creek behind the homes across the street. It's weird, we are above the creek. The street didn't flood but it yards did. He pumped out yesterday and the backyard is dry. Waiting on what the rain brings today

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
No basement. My neighbors basement flooded. There is a creek behind the homes across the street. It's weird, we are above the creek. The street didn't flood but it yards did. He pumped out yesterday and the backyard is dry. Waiting on what the rain brings today
I'm guessing the storm wasn't that significant, which means you'll want to be prepared for a hurricane or noreaster that might blow through there. Make sure everything in your sheds is off the floor and prepare some sandbags to protect your house.

ruckstande

I'm guessing the storm wasn't that significant, which means you'll want to be prepared for a hurricane or noreaster that might blow through there. Make sure everything in your sheds is off the floor and prepare some sandbags to protect your house.
We had a bad storm soon after we moved in. I had water in the yard but nothing like that.

It rained like a mf for hours + leaves blocking storm sewers + everything is soaked from the rain and snow we have been getting lately + shitty jersey clay that doesn't drain well. My neigbor's yard looks a lot like that right now. Where abouts in jersey are ya?

ysr50

Donator
It's 77 outside and there isn't a cloud in the sky here.

ruckstande

It rained like a mf for hours + leaves blocking storm sewers + everything is soaked from the rain and snow we have been getting lately + shitty jersey clay that doesn't drain well. My neigbor's yard looks a lot like that right now. Where abouts in jersey are ya?
Near Cherry Hill.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Have you caught up on your Honey do list? Been kinda quiet. We wanna help you fuck shit up

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Cherry Hill/Medford area has a very high water table plus lots of small rivers, streams, and creeks combined with really old dams and bridges werent fully replaced after really bad NorEaster rain storm around 2004 essentially washed them away. They were given a quick bandaid fix to get esp the dams back up and running because almost the whole area was under 3ft of water. They havent gone back and actually torn them out and replaced them since like they said they would because well you know cherry hill/medford is like 60% jew and they vote democrat so money meant to replace the bridges and dams went everywhere but there. So be prepared for it happen again soon because itll be 15yrs on those bandaids in march

ruckstande

Cherry Hill/Medford area has a very high water table plus lots of small rivers, streams, and creeks combined with really old dams and bridges werent fully replaced after really bad NorEaster rain storm around 2004 essentially washed them away. They were given a quick bandaid fix to get esp the dams back up and running because almost the whole area was under 3ft of water. They havent gone back and actually torn them out and replaced them since like they said they would because well you know cherry hill/medford is like 60% jew and they vote democrat so money meant to replace the bridges and dams went everywhere but there. So be prepared for it happen again soon because itll be 15yrs on those bandaids in march
Fucking dems.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I remember driving through Medford Lakes when it was all flooded out and shit in years gone by. That whole Rancocas creek watershed area is a clusterfuck.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I remember driving through Medford Lakes when it was all flooded out and shit in years gone by. That whole Rancocas creek watershed area is a clusterfuck.
Yep it is. And like i said they only slapped bandaids on the bridges and dams to get everything pumped out and moving again but never replaced the bridges and dams that broke like they were supposed to

ruckstande

Had a plumbing issue this weekend. I noticed the drain sewer pipe on the front lawn was overflowing. Had a plumber come and clear the line going to the city sewer pipe and he found roots. Does anyone have insurance to cover this in case the problem comes back and they find it's much worse than first thought?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Had a plumbing issue this weekend. I noticed the drain sewer pipe on the front lawn was overflowing. Had a plumber come and clear the line going to the city sewer pipe and he found roots. Does anyone have insurance to cover this in case the problem comes back and they find it's much worse than first thought?
You’re fucked, kill what ever tree is nearby and expect to have to replace that lateral