Rush Limbaugh's newest insanity - Batman villain named for Bain Capital

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Rush Limbaugh's Bane vs. Bain Conspiracy: Host Says 'Dark Knight Rises' Villain Is Attack on Romney

The conservative firebrand posits that the Batman film's bad guy is a secret attack on the GOP presidential candidate.

Rush Limbaugh sees left-wing conspiracy everywhere -- even Gotham City.

Speaking on his syndicated radio show Tuesday, the right-wing host brought up the Batman sequel The Dark Knight Rises (or as he called it, The Dark Knight Lights Up), in particular focusing on its main villain, the Tom Hardy-portrayed hulking madman Bane. With Mitt Romney's time at the investment fund Bain Capital (and the questionable time at which he retired from it) filling non-entertainment news headlines, Limbaugh tied the two together, casting some tough accusations at director Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros.
"Do you think it is accidental that the name of the really vicious, fire-breathing, four-eyed, whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane?" Limbaugh asked his listeners.
Limbaugh did note that the film, the sequel to the 2008 blockbuster The Dark Knight, has been in the works for a long time, with a summer 2012 release date long part of the plan.

"So this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's discussion out there as to whether or not this was purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It's going to have a lot of people," he continued. "The audience is going to be huge. A lot of people are going to see the movie. And it's a lot of brain-dead people -- entertainment, the pop culture crowd -- and they're going to hear Bane in the movie and they're going to associate Bain.
"And the thought is that when they're going to start paying attention to the campaign later in the year," Limbaugh asserted, "and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capital but Romney and Bain, that these people will start thinking back to the Batman movies, 'Oh yeah, I know who that is!' "
He then read from a Washington Times editorial that made the connection between Romney and Batman, as well.
Presumably, Limbaugh doesn't know the history of Batman and his enemies; Bane was not invented for this film, as he first appeared in 1993 in a storyline called Knightfall. That was a year before Romney made his first bid for elected office, his unsuccessful 1994 run against Ted Kennedy for the U.S. Senate.
There is some populist element in the film, as Nolan improvised to get some work in at last fall's Occupy Wall Street demonstrations in Lower Manhattan. Presumably, though, there is no politician in the film who founded an investment fund and later came under fire for contradicting his SEC forms.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...in-conspiracy-dark-knight-rises-batman-350311

Obama's time machine in action again! I wonder what Chuck Dixon was going to name his new bad guy in 1994 before Obama convinced him to name it after Romney's venture capital company.

What a fucking idiot that fat, drug addicted cunt Limbaugh is.

4 years ago HE compared Obama to a Batman Villain:

"[The Joker] had a big damn chip on his shoulder about his childhood and about a bunch of other things. His goal was to undermine the whole system. . . . And to effect the change that the people of Gotham City didn't want, the Joker created chaos upon chaos. The whole city was focused on him and what he was going to do next. He viewed crisis as an opportunity. So the Joker orchestrated crisis after crisis after crisis. And the Joker wore a mask. I mean whoever put this poster together is pretty smart because there are some similarities here to what the Joker did in that movie and what Obama is doing to this country."

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08/05/rush-limbaugh-attacks-obama-the-joker-and-me/

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Except Rush is dead serious.
Nope.

[video=youtube;RP3aj_f2djE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3aj_f2djE[/video]

What a fucking idiot that fat, drug addicted cunt Limbaugh is.

4 years ago HE compared Obama to a Batman Villain:

"[The Joker] had a big damn chip on his shoulder about his childhood and about a bunch of other things. His goal was to undermine the whole system. . . . And to effect the change that the people of Gotham City didn't want, the Joker created chaos upon chaos. The whole city was focused on him and what he was going to do next. He viewed crisis as an opportunity. So the Joker orchestrated crisis after crisis after crisis. And the Joker wore a mask. I mean whoever put this poster together is pretty smart because there are some similarities here to what the Joker did in that movie and what Obama is doing to this country."

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08/05/rush-limbaugh-attacks-obama-the-joker-and-me/
Obama is more like a Bond villain.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Rush should watch out.

If he says dumb stuff like that, EVERY news outlet will pick it up, and his show will have thousands of extra listeners tomorrow. He certainly doesn't want that.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Rush should watch out.

If he says dumb stuff like that, EVERY news outlet will pick it up, and his show will have thousands of extra listeners tomorrow. He certainly doesn't want that.

Shhhh....these idiots have never heard of his "media tweaks".

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
there's just no shortage of stupidity is there?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
In sort of related and definitely more interesting news:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-17-20-39-55

Rotten Tomatoes suspends comments on 'Dark Knight'

By DERRIK J. LANG
AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The aggregating Web site RottenTomatoes.com suspended user comments on movie reviews of "The Dark Knight Rises" after commenters reacted harshly to negative reviews of the film and made profane and threatening remarks about the critics who wrote them.

Matt Atchity, the site's editor-in-chief, said Tuesday it was the first time RottenTomatoes.com has suspended user comments, adding postings about "Dark Knight" reviews would likely be restored by the end of the week. The final film in director Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy opens Friday.

"The job of policing the comments became more than my staff could handle for that film, so we stopped the comments altogether," said Atchity. "It just got to be too much hate based on reactions to reviews of movies that people hadn't even seen."

Atchity said the site is considering a move to a Facebook commenting system, which might cut down on the glut of anonymous posts. Other film review aggregating sites, such as MetaCritic.com and MovieReviewIntelligence.com, either don't allow user comments or don't permit comments to be posted before a film opens.

"There are a lot of options on the table," said Atchity, who is worried about a similar backlash when director Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is released later this year. "We may do away with comments completely or get to a place where comments are only activated after a movie opens."

While "The Dark Knight Rises" is currently experiencing a glowing 84 percent "fresh" rating on RottenTomatoes.com, the film has been deemed "rotten" by a few critics, including Marshall Fine of Hollywood & Fine, Christy Lemire of The Associated Press and Nick Pinkerton of the Village Voice. Fine lambasted "Dark Knight Rises" for being "nonsensical," and Lemire called it a "letdown."

"As a movie writer and critic, Christy gives her opinion and we expect people will agree with some of her reviews and disagree with others," said Lou Ferrara, the AP managing editor who oversees entertainment. "It's unfortunate when the conversation turns ugly."

RottenTomatoes.com is owned by social movie site Flixster.com, a Warner Bros. company.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Rush is stupid, everyone knows Chris Nolan's vision is that Mitt is Bruce Wayne.

The world needs a rich guy with awesome toys like a Batmobile (or a jet ski) to save us now from the dirty OWS types and that rich guy is Mitt Romney.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Thanks for letting us know to ignore the next 100 times you post a story about Rush without knowing anything about him.
I'll remember that the next 100 times you comment on a thread featuring Jon Stewart. :action-sm
Or college football. Don's a complete idiot when it comes to anything about college football. I enjoy when his own words end up biting him in the ass.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Or college football. Don's a complete idiot when it comes to anything about college football. I enjoy when his own words end up biting him in the ass.
Don't you have a scale to bypass or something? I come from civilized society, where we pay our athletes.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
really trying to figure out who the bigger idiot on the board is. Mayr, magicbob, don or kirk. all seem the same to me.

edit: i am leaning more toward kirk of mayr. Don and Bob defend their guys to the ridiculous end, but mayr and kirk love to tell us what they think we are thinking and never get it right.