Russian female runners: Kisses not a protest

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Russian female runners: Kisses not a protest

Credit: Getty Images

MOSCOW, RUSSIA - AUGUST 17: (L-R)Gold medalist Tatyana Firova and Kseniya Ryzhova of Russia kiss on the podium during the medal ceremony for the Women's 4x400 metres Relay during Day Eight of the 14th IAAF World Athletics Championships Moscow 2013 at Luzhniki Stadium on August 17, 2013 in Moscow, Russia. (Photo by Paul Gilham/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Tatyana Firova; Kseniya Ryzhova

MOSCOW (AP) — Quick kisses exchanged by four Russian female sprinters, exuberant after winning a relay race at the world championships in Moscow, have set off a flurry of speculation that they were protesting Russia's new controversial law against gays.

But two of the athletes, who appeared to brush lips while kissing each other on the cheek, insisted Tuesday that was not the case.

Kseniya Ryzhova, one of the 4 x 400-meter relay winners, said: "The storm of emotions going through us was incredible. And if we, accidentally, while congratulating each other, touched lips, excuse me. We think the whole fuss is more of a sick fantasy not grounded in anything."

Russian women often kiss one another on the cheek when celebrating a happy occasion or even just in greeting.
http://www.kgw.com/sports/220331131.html

They should now demonstrate how scissoring is not a protest.

Bathe Kseniya Ryzhova and bring her to my chambers.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Someone call ironman25dc, so he can explain how this is all a fake controversy made up by the West.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
Hot Damn! I don't give a shit why the did it....

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
These chicks LOVE kissing each other.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
#SomeHomo it can still catch on.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Saw this yesterday, now a thread exists for it

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What did he say was fake?
I'm let him tell you directly.
Everything you've read or viewed about the recently enacted Russian law is a complete fabrication.

I'll have more on this tomorrow-- I've spent a lot of time researching and am now finishing writing something for work about it and am troubled by how all the reporting by English language news media across the globe is wrong; this law does not do what you've been told.
I've been working on an analysis of what is commonly referred to as the Russian anti-Gay law and following an extensive review of: the text of the legislation, the changes the legislation has made to both Russian Federation Federal Law and Code of Administrative Offenses, prior Russian Federation supreme court decisions and LGBT rights granted to Russian Federations citizens that the United States doesn't grant LGBT citizens; I have unequivocally concluded that the comments by English-speaking non-Russian public figures and the global English speaking media are absolutely false and, frankly, lies because this law will have little to no impact on LGBT adults in Russia. (More to follow on that...)
He has yet to follow up on either of those posts nor has he responded to me and @Norm Stansfield's counterpoints.
I find that to be ridiculous. One just has to look at the widespread, socially-condoned violence against gay rights protesters committed with the consent (and sometimes active participation) of the police to see that this isn't something western watchdogs just made up. It's not the worst thing the Russian legislature could've written and passed, but it's indicative of a larger governmental course-reversal.
Exactly. Russia doesn't work like the US. Laws are more approximate guidelines than precise instructions. What matters is what message is being sent, not the letter of the law.

This is Putin paying his debt to the Russian Orthodox Church, which helped him get reelected. It is clearly aimed at sending a public message that homosexuality won't be tolerated in Russia, and declares open season on gays.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I'm let him tell you directly.

He has yet to follow up on either of those posts nor has he responded to me and @Norm Stansfield's counterpoints.
What horseshit I'll ask my Ukrainian friend's mom how Russia treats it's people. Because Russia has a spectacular humans rights record when it comes to dissenters and people the government rules as wrong.