Russian soldiers killed in Chechen 'suicide' blast

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
At least four people were killed in the explosion
Continue reading the main story Related Stories

At least three Russian soldiers have been killed and other people injured in a blast in Chechnya's capital, Grozny.
Local officials said it was a suicide bombing, launched when soldiers left their vehicle.
Differing reports said three or four soldiers were killed, and that there were either one or two suicide attackers.

Earlier, Russian officials said the blast was an accident during a mine-clearing operation.

Russia fought two wars in Chechnya more than a decade ago.

The unrest has since spread to the neighbouring Russian republics of Dagestan and Ingushetia.

"Measures are being taken to identify terrorists and find their possible accomplices," Chechnya's interior ministry said.

"The situation in the city remains calm."

The Russian authorities have been fighting insurgents in the North Caucasus republic since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.
Chechen separatists and Russian forces waged two wars in the 1990s.
Since the second of those wars ended in 2000, the insurgents have increasingly been Islamists and the unrest has spread to other Russian republics in the region, especially Dagestan
Two Chechens were arrested in Spain not long ago, apparently they had explosives and poison.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I don't understand why we (read the West) don't get together with the Russians, Chinese, and Indians and wipe the muslim plague from the planet

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I don't understand why we (read the West) don't get together with the Russians, Chinese, and Indians and wipe the muslim plague from the planet
Because all of Europe would frown upon us :(

Edit: and our domestic guilty white liberals