Sake?

Frankie_Ballz

wear no bag, spread the hiv
Anyone know anything about Sake, my parents just got back from Japan and brought me a bottle of Sake. They said that this brand goes for like $60 a bottle here. Anyway does anyone know anything about this bottle, how it should be served, what it tastes like?

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
heard to tell since I dont read japanese... If its flavored like pear or something liek that then its normally served cold.

I personally prefer hot sake... love that shit

check google for a good sake site, they will have pics of different bottles

Frankie_Ballz

Yeah I have been having a hard time trying to ID it, there is absolutely no english except the numbers 12 and 720. I'm assuming 12 is the percent alcohol and 720 is ml. My buddies at work said that they love hot sake, but that just sounds nasty to me, but what the hell I'm always down for new culinary expierences.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Yeah I have been having a hard time trying to ID it, there is absolutely no english except the numbers 12 and 720. I'm assuming 12 is the percent alcohol and 720 is ml. My buddies at work said that they love hot sake, but that just sounds nasty to me, but what the hell I'm always down for new culinary expierences.

good hot sake is fuckign awesome... and it actually fucks you up nice

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
depending on the sake its supposed to be served cold, ive heard that hot sake is the cheep stuff, im not a huge fan of hot booze of any kind

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
depending on the sake its supposed to be served cold, ive heard that hot sake is the cheep stuff, im not a huge fan of hot booze of any kind
ive seen hot sake for 100+ a bottle.... it depends on the brand, normally when you go to a shitty or normal restaurant their sake is normally the cheaper stuff cause most people dont know better.

Ive had some good moderately priced warm and cold.... I like warm better but some of the fruit flavor sakes are excellent and like i said the flavored one are NORMALLY served cold

Frankie_Ballz

well I found some more english, on top of the bottlecap it says refined seishu. I think that this is a grade, not the brand.

hypes

Flying over your heads
I know of that sake...they serve it at the local Japanese place here (yes, we have sushi in Iowa; try not to act surprised).

It's a very fine sake....best served chilled (which is how the place I go to serves it). It has a mellower flavor and is pretty smooth. Heating it up is fine too, but you'll find that the really good sake is best served ICE cold...they leave the cheap stuff to be heated up.

-h

Frankie_Ballz

I know of that sake...they serve it at the local Japanese place here (yes, we have sushi in Iowa; try not to act surprised).

It's a very fine sake....best served chilled (which is how the place I go to serves it). It has a mellower flavor and is pretty smooth. Heating it up is fine too, but you'll find that the really good sake is best served ICE cold...they leave the cheap stuff to be heated up.

-h
awesome, know the name by chance?

Plunkies

What are the chances of someone on wackbag being able to read kanji? Might have better luck posting the picture on a sake forum or a learning japanese forum or something.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
saki bombs are where its at..... drop the warm sake in a beer and chug.... after bout 3 or 4 you should be pretty trashed.

batgoat

the medication doesn't work....
Looks like a good bottle, should do it chilled. Balz if you payed 100+ for hot sake..... Hot sake is garbage. Rice wine (think budweiser) needs to be heated. The plums are more gooder, always done cold

And, while I'm on my soapbox, Sapporo and Kirin are shit beers. Asahi is the only way to go when eating sushi.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Looks like a good bottle, should do it chilled. Balz if you payed 100+ for hot sake..... Hot sake is garbage. Rice wine (think budweiser) needs to be heated. The plums are more gooder, always done cold

And, while I'm on my soapbox, Sapporo and Kirin are shit beers. Asahi is the only way to go when eating sushi.
Sapporo is fucking excellent.

I prefer hot sake.

batgoat

the medication doesn't work....
Sapporo is fucking excellent.

I prefer hot sake.
I'm just being opinionated. Like here in Mn., I doubt you have any good sushi joints in Mi. 2 yrs ago I was in Baltimore and went to a sushi place, I think it was called Kawasaki, and I had fresh sushi for the first time in my life. Fresh as in caught that afternoon. I've always had fresh frozen. It was wonderful.

Anyhoo, we did a flight(sampler) of the expensive sake. It was all cold. It was delightful. I can't put into words how good this shit was. If you have the means, give it a whirl. You won't regret.

:D

CallmeQtie

“How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'.”
ive seen hot sake for 100+ a bottle.... it depends on the brand, normally when you go to a shitty or normal restaurant their sake is normally the cheaper stuff cause most people dont know better.

Ive had some good moderately priced warm and cold.... I like warm better but some of the fruit flavor sakes are excellent and like i said the flavored one are NORMALLY served cold
Drunk Asshole! just sayin....:action-sm