Sam Jackson: " 'I voted for Barack because he was black"

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
'I voted for Obama because he's black': Extraordinary outburst from Samuel L. Jackson

Actor Samuel L. Jackson has admitted that he became a supporter of Barack Obama in 2008 because of his race.

In an interview for Ebony magazine's March issue, the Oscar-nominated screen legend says his decision to vote for Mr Obama was nothing to do with his political beliefs.

'I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,' Mr Jackson told the magazine, according to the New York Post.

'That’s American politics, pure and simple,' he said. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean **** to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do.
'I know politicians say ****; they lie. 'Cuz they want to get elected.'

While discussing Mr Obama's chances of re-election, Mr Jackson launched into a profanity-laden rant, repeatedly using the N-word.
The actor has defended his use of the charged racial epithet by saying that it was used at home while he was growing up.

'When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a n*****,' he said. 'Because what’s a n*****? A n***** is scary.

'Obama ain’t scary at all. N****** don’t have beers at the White House. N****** don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A n***** would have stopped the meeting right there and said, "Who the **** said that?"

'I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years,' Mr Jackson added, 'cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.'

In a separate interview with Newsweek published in January, the actor said he has mixed feelings about the President's performance so far.

'Some days I agree with Dr. [Cornel] West and what he says about the President not dealing enough with the plight of the poor,' Mr Jackson said in the Newsweek interview.

'Then I think about how they won’t give him credit for anything... The President got about a week of moderate applause for capturing the most-wanted man in the world,' he said in reference to Osama bin Laden.
'You ask me, he should have put that mother****** on ice and defrosted his ass November 1.'

In President Obama's first campaign for presidency in 2008, Mr Jackson was one of many celebrities who rallied behind him, and even skipped an Oscar award ceremony specifically to campaign for the candidate.
I understand that more than the idiots that believed Obamas hope and change campaign lies.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
And the last politician he ran into was really corrupt and really white.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Slow news day? It's the only reason he got elected in the 1st place.
Obama got elected because Bush was so bad and idiots believed the hope and change hype. Even if he wasn't black he still would have got 90% of the black vote because hes a democrat. Being black only added on 6% more of the black vote.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Obama got elected because Bush was so bad and idiots believed the hope and change hype. Even if he wasn't black he still would have got 90% of the black vote because hes a democrat. Being black only added on 6% more of the black vote.
And he got guilty white people to vote for him.

Plenty of idiots wanted to be in on that 1st black president thing.

The pubs made it even easier by not putting up strong candidates.

Race was a huge factor in his election.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
And the last politician he ran into was really corrupt and really white.

Point taken.

Obama got elected because Bush was so bad
Or more accurately, the public had it bashed into their mush brains for 8 years that Bush was bad. The average person who holds that belief couldn't give you a single reason why he was bad.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Or more accurately, the public had it bashed into their mush brains for 8 years that Bush was bad. The average person who holds that belief couldn't give you a single reason why he was bad.

Halliburton

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
'When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a n*****,' he said. 'Because what’s a n*****? A n***** is scary.

'Obama ain’t scary at all. N****** don’t have beers at the White House. N****** don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A n***** would have stopped the meeting right there and said, "Who the **** said that?"

'I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years,' Mr Jackson added, 'cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.'
When I read that a few days ago, I heard it in Jules' voice.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Of course if I gave that same reason for not voting for Obama, I would be a racist.

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
me too.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Point taken.

I'll give you 2.

Patriot Act.

Iraq war.

Sep 28, 2010
[YT]uOff00bD_zM[/YT]

go to :48 seconds in to get enraged.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
The end of privacy rights and a trillion dollar war based on lies isn't bad?
Of course not. Neither were the bailouts and the deficit. Bush was a genius who knew what was best for America.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I wonder why fenrir voted for 0bama