Samsung SGH-t629 Phone & Micro SD Card

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
As some of you may remember (though surely most do not) I had some questions about getting a micro SD memory card for this phone - so I could store MP3's on it, to be played back at my leasure.

Well, after asking around from a number of sources (this site being one of them) - I was assured that the standard, generic 2 GB Micro SD card would work with this device.

So, I bought a Kingston 2GB "mobility kit". This "kit" contained the aforementioned 2GB Micro SD card - two adaptors of differing sizes (to use with already owned card readers for larger memory cards) - as well at a "reader" of its own (some small, plug in the back item - like you would plug a portable flash drive into your USB port).

I am able to get my new Windows Vista laptop to read the card - and as well as transfer MP3's over to it (the card).

However, when I put the card into the Samsung SGH-t629 Phone - even though it "recognizes" it when I put it in (there is a message on the readout of the phone saying so) - the MP3 player in the phone does not recognize it. Hence, I cannot access the songs on there.

I don't get it.

What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions?

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
OK - a few "views"

That's a start . . . .

(no answers though)

Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a site or forum that might have the answer?

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
i tried searching there at howard forums for info on the problem that you're having and got no results.

often times a PC will acknowledge a removable disk yet your phone won't. if you still have the reciept for the kingston card return it and get a sandisk one. that's my .02.

Finger In Sam

Smells Like Butterscotch
Feb 21, 2007
get another phone..the t629 sucks..ive had it for about 8 months and gone through 2 micro sd cards..i had a handful of media on both cards, and after about 3 weeks, the cards just stopped working, both becoming corrupted..one day i could watch a video or listen to music, and the next, it didnt even recognize there was one in there, and my pc couldnt read it after that, either..i brought the phone back to tmobile to have them replace it, and they refused because there wasnt anything wrong with the phone..i called customer service, and they told me that its not a tmobile problem..so, even if you get it working correctly, it probably wont be for long..and dont expect tmobile to have any sympathy or to do you any favors (or basic customer service, for that matter)

thats just my experience..good luck to ya, though