San Adreas Multiplayer

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
http://www.sa-mp.com/

San Andreas Multiplayer (SA:MP) is a modification for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which turns it into a multiplayer game. You can play over the internet (or LAN) with up to 200 other people. You need the original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game to play San Andreas Multiplayer.

In SA:MP you are able to do almost anything that you can do in single player GTA. SA:MP also features the ability to create your own scripted game mods. There are many game modes (listed below) that feature a series of different and fun things to do. Many of which are not possible in single player.

Read the rest here:

http://wikitmp.sa-mp.com/index.php/Introduction#What_is_SA:MP.3F

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I used to play the one made for Vice City. The great thing about it was people would make up their own gametypes as they went along. You might start out racing then you might all stop at a ramp and jump for distance. Then someone would pull out a rocket launcher and try to hit the car as it went mid-air, then ppl would start deathmatching and on it went.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I'm working on setting up a 200 man server. I played in a 100 man with 86 players...holy fuck...this rocks.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
How stable is it?

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
pretty stable. it has issues with vista but they are easily overcome by setting compatibility mode to XP. also, if you are using the steam or direct2drive version you just need to copy over the exe with an unpatched one from the DVD version to get it to work. this doesn't work with the patched exe. I have the file if anyone needs it.

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
Eh I can't keep up with computer technology (as far as what cards you need and RAM) I'm not sure if this piece of trash could even handle that game.

Sounds like a blast though :(

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I'm trying to play but I'm just staring at the vinewood sign waiting to spawn and no one seems to be on.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I'm trying to play but I'm just staring at the vinewood sign waiting to spawn and no one seems to be on.
i see you keep joining and leaveing there are 2 of us in there and 1 on the way. you have to type "/register <password>" into the chat console when you join the first time. It keeps track of users that way for kicks and bans. to spawn use the arrow keys to pick a class and then shift to spawn.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Yea, I'm fucking with my firewall right now. It shows me logging in then in like 3 or 4 seconds I keep showing packetloss and wham...I'm disconnected.

Stupid netopia. I need to switch back to my westell and see if this crap happens.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Hehe...I need to brush up on the attack helicopter. It's fucking awesome against everything but bikes.

That script is awesome.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
bump

C'mon this is pretty fun. The hack script is a little too aggressive though.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
ok i got LVDM going with weapons script. You just type /weapons to bring up the buy menu. Should make DM more fun and less hassle without having to go to ammunation to buy a gun. Might work well with the Los Santos Gang War script as well. also, now everyone will have access to the rocket launcher so certain people can't instantly own everyone with the tank or the helo....*ahem* lawl

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Hey now, it takes time to build up tank and helo skills. It's not easy controlling the tank through a power slide and chasing someone through the woods in the Apache. Also it's easier than it looks to time your jumping so you don't get run over.

It sucks I killed Poochie for nothing as I lost his cash right when I got kicked.

I tried to go Al Qaeda on Beeman as he sat in that parking lot trying to make bank. Unfortunately I stalled my plane too early and crashed it just short of him. Made me look like an ass.

This really is almost like a GTA MMO. The mode really is easy to install and get set up soanyone who loves GTA needs to give this a try.

Edit: This is one of those games where having a controller instead of a keyboard/mouse makes it for an easier time to control. I do have my keyboard in front of me for when I'm sniping though.

T

tractor_racer

Hi, how can I get that .exe? I have been seeing people saying that replacing that file isn't a sufficient fix for the steam version of the game, and I really want to play multiplayer. Any advice is useful because, while I hate to admit it, I'm really a NOOB. :icon_neut

angrybeerguy

Whatever it Takes
Aug 6, 2004
West ByGod Virginia
Windows just crashed on my computer Whats new . Is there a Program that tracks your progress in the single player mode. I had one but I lost it. Thanks