Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women Wed Nov 14, 11:04 PM ET

Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.
Not sure if this is posted already.

If true, our society is doomed. Just let that meteor slam into this rock already and end it all.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
"G'day Mate...throw another Elf on the Barbie?" Meh

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
OK... is it just me, or can we, legitimately and without any trace of humor, irony, or jocularity actually now say that ******* ruined Christmas?

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
I heard this on the local radio here in Tampa, and I must admit, things have really gotten out of control. This has been a long standing tradition, and now, they expect fucking Santas to say HA HA HA???

I have played a Santa in the past (yes, I have the belly for one), and if I were to play one today, your damn right I would say "HO HO HO!" I would even say, "Yo, Ho, come get some HO HO HO!" :D

Fr. Dougal

jules

uppity taxpayer

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22738300-2,00.html

Thirty trainees at a recent Santa course were instructed to replace the traditional Christmas greeting with "ha, ha, ha".

A Santa veteran of 11 years told the Sunday Herald Sun the instructions were clear: "No 'ho ho ho'."

"We were told to say 'ha ha ha Merry Christmas'," he said.

Two Santa hopefuls reportedly left the course after the edict

jackjack

It's way too easy to get attention these days..