OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Santorum is everywhere after coming from the rear in resurgent campaign

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...-shake-up-republican-race-20120209-1rjj7.html

2. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

[​IMG]

3. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Weren't the Missouri and Minnesota primaries non-binding? I'm surprised Superman didn't edge out Mickey Mouse in those states.

4. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Lead the government. The only way this retarded piece of fuck will lead me is if he first cuts my brain out with a steak knife.

5. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

Missouri's was "Just for fun" essentially, as it meant nothing. But cost around 7 Million to hold...
    Newt wasn't on the ballot, and they'll hold a caucus in a month to decide who really gets the delegates.

Stupid Missouri

6. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

A+ on the thread title. That's all.

7. Begbie

Fuckin GOP establishment-funded media...they have to spell out the number of delegates Ron Paul has, yet they don't spell out the others.

[​IMG]

:icon_cool

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

In most news style guides numbers under ten are always spelled out.

And the best thing about Santorum is the rage and ignorance he inspires in people. It's hilarious.

9. jnoble

jnoble Lingering longer for a longering linger

I'm a conservative..

...but Santorum comes across to me like a whiny wimp. A Republican version of Jimmy Carter with the sweater vests. He seems like a decent guy and I'm not doubting his convictions and character, but he just seems like a weenie compared to Romney.

10. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

I thought that was the best thing about Ann Coulter? And I thought that was the worst thing about Sarah Palin, but also the thing that was going to get her elected to the office she's not running for? How many rage bots do we need in the GOP?

11. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Rick Santorum is a whiner and a pussy "Because Jesus" candidate. He stands no chance against Barack Obama. However odious and blundering the President has been, is right now, and will continue to be, Obama would crush Santorum in the election.

I am firmly in Any Republican At All camp right now. I don't give a fuck so much about the policies. The number one question is, Can He Beat Obama? So far Mitt Romney, as boring and as bland and corporatist and completely underwhelming and liberal as he is, is the best guy for the Beat Obama job.

12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

As many as possible, because the more libtards rage, the more they get exposed for the bigoted hateful retards that they are.

13. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I'm of the same mentality, but I doubt I could bring myself to vote for Santorum in the general election. If he gets the nomination (he won't), I will probably be voting third party.

14. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

In other words, you'd vote for Obama over Santorum. Thank god for the Electoral College.

15. Begbie

I wouldn't say Santorum stands no chance in the general election against BHO. There are plenty of variables in play that could really hurt or help the candidates and Obama. The Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare would be a biggie. VP picks are another biggie...if Obama could actually kick Biden to the curb and if he can find a better spoken, well respected democrat to run with...it could change things up. And it's pretty clear...Obama will not get the same treatment from Independents as he did in 2008...and it's quite possible it might not even be remotely close. What they do is completely up in the air. I'm even leaving out the fact that a third party candidate could really recklessly fuck things up and hand Obama the win. Just so many question marks.

But yes, as it stands...Romney has the best chance of winning of the 4 remaining GOP candidates.

This is how I feel about Paul. Except I just wouldn't vote...I could never bring myself to vote 3rd party just "to send a message, maaaaaaan!".

16. whiskeyguy

I'd absolutely take Paul over Romney. I think he could also beat Obama, because the hardcore conservatives are voting GOP anyway, and he would bring a lot of independents in.

17. Begbie

Yeeeeeah, I've been pretty open about my disgust for Ron Paul. Just a little open. :rolleyes: I'd have a real hard time voting for him, and I know I wouldn't be the only conservative out there who feels that way. Besides the fact that he's 77 and should really be open NOW about who he would consider naming as his VP (Judge Napolitano is the last guy I would ever think could be capable of VP), and the fact that he has a history of "waaaay out there" views and unproven, yet potentially destructive foreign policy...yeah, let's just say I'm thankful this guy is likely not getting the nomination.

18. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

Heh. Santorum. Goddam is Dan Savage great.

Rick went to google moaning how when his name was entered, the first thing that came up was...well....go check. He wanted it changed, and google said "Nope. Tough."

19. whiskeyguy

Right now my biggest issue is fiscal policy... I care a lot less about the other issues. I do disagree with some of his foreign policy views, but on domestic issues I really like what he has to say. I just don't see Romney doing much of anything regarding our fiscal policy besides accruing a little less debt than Obama is. He'd be better than Obama, but not by a lot.

20. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Obama can't accrue a cent of debt without Republican support. And he doesn't have it. Romney will have it, and he will use it for entitlement programs.

21. Begbie

I agree on fiscal policy being the most important issue, without question...and I'm mostly in Paul's corner when it comes to that. I would care alot less about the other issues of a candidate only if said candidate didn't have, what I would consider, extreme views on other subjects. And I consider Paul's foreign policy pretty extreme. I'd just rather not go down that road because I just think he grossly underestimates the impact a future foreign conflict (that we're no longer meddling in or paying attention to) would have on our people, especially one's living abroad...and more importantly, our economy.

With that said, none of the 4 candidates are any good, IMO. And part of me has been hoping for the impossible...someone else popping into the race and finally making sense. That hasn't and likely won't happen. I'll settle with Pretty Boy Mitt...and feel even better about him if he has a good VP pick and can surround himself with better people than Obama.

22. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Santorum isn't a decent guy. You can't seek to control how people live their lives like he does and be a good person.

23. Begbie

Attack the man for his beliefs...attack him for the decisions he's made...but to HELL WITH YOU ALL for attacking the man's sweater vests!!!

[​IMG]

:icon_cool

24. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

He probably wears tan loafers and plain white briefs too.

25. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I have a personal vendetta against Santorum. There is something I despise about someone who is so totally obsessed with other peoples lives. You don't like gays, fine, but to go so far as to base a large part of your platform on taking away every civil right that you possibly can is atrocious. Just imagine where he would be if instead of using the word "gay" he was saying "black". No fucking way would a candidate calling for blacks to be denied to marry, or adopt kids, or saying blacks are the reason our society is (allegedly) crumbling, be winning caucuses and primaries with 55% of the vote.

[​IMG]