Saturday Night Live 2/23

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Does anyone watch SNL anymore?
I honestly haven't seen it since like 1998 or so.

However, I'm in love with Tina Fey, and there was a lot of hulla-baloo about who was going to play Obama and what the take or spin was going to be.

They went with the media is biased towards Barrack, they're all in love with him, stalk him etc. It was really bad, and whoever was Barrack was horrible.
Granted there's not a lot of quirks or speech things with him, but it was just some guy with shiny "Black man hair" and Hillary trying to get face time. It was debate format.

Then FUCKING Steve Martin showed up during Tina's monalouge. Let me tell you, he was great as usual. (He added absolutely nothing) I pray he doesn't show up again.

I also didn't know that the hot girl from some car commercial, where the car "turns her on", was on SNL. Edit - her name is apparently Kristen Wiig

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I'd say they're 0-4 on sketches.
Now they're doing a bit called "What's that Bitch talkin bout"

Shouldn't they be saying "What that B-Word Talking About"

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
I forgot about snl's return. I meant to check it out. how awful is it?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
SNL's been dead to me since, yeah, about 1998. I've popped in on occasions when there's nothing on and it's douche chill inducing. Alot of their skits and bits are based on that Robin Williams style of comedy where the material is not funny at all, but they try to force it to be funny. All that being done by a bunch of amateur actors and actresses that have to read cue cards word for word. Granted, I know they don't have time to rehearse anything and they've always relied on the cue cards, but it was never this bad back in the day.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Have to say, in context, tonight is great compared to the pre-strike stuff. Even Huckabee did better than McCain when McCain hosted.

Come to think of it, this comprises all the "great ideas" the writers had during the strike. Next week.....abooooo.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
That Hot Air Balloon commercial gave me the chills it was so bad.
There was nothing funny about it.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Carrie Underwood looked good as usual.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Wow, even Tina Fey has to look offscreen at cuecards. That was embarassing.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
SNL's been dead to me since, yeah, about 1998. I've popped in on occasions when there's nothing on and it's douche chill inducing. Alot of their skits and bits are based on that Robin Williams style of comedy where the material is not funny at all, but they try to force it to be funny. All that being done by a bunch of amateur actors and actresses that have to read cue cards word for word. Granted, I know they don't have time to rehearse anything and they've always relied on the cue cards, but it was never this bad back in the day.

I gotta say, the stuff they did with the 2000 election was priceless. Once Will Ferrell left in 01 it went downhill. There's still some good skits every year, but nothing as consistent of the 96-00 years.

I DVRd it last night mainly for Tina Fey.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I also didn't know that the hot girl from some car commercial, where the car "turns her on", was on SNL. Edit - her name is apparently Kristen Wiig
The girl from that commercial is Kate Walsh, the girl from Grey's Anatomy. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005532/

SNL's only funny thing in the last 10 years was the Dick in a Box sketch. It went downhill once they started getting "angry political" rather than simple satire.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I thought it was ok, but I still like SNL for the most part. But fuck Hader can do a great Daniel Day Lewis impression.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Can they even call it Saturday Night LIVE anymore since more than half the bits they do each week are prerecorded digital shorts ?

(From what Ive read, anyway; I havent seen more than bits and pieces of the show in years)

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
A wise psychopath once said, "Every generation wants to be the last generation." I guess that applies to SNL opinion too.