Saul Williams - The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of NiggyTardust!

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Saul Williams Presents: The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of NiggyTardust!

New album produced by Trent Reznor - available as a FREE high-quality download on November 1st, with an option to contribute $5 to directly support the artists.

PRE-ORDER NOW at http://www.niggytardust.com

More info at http://www.nin.com

2 leaked tracks

Track 03 - Tr(n)igger

Track 05 - Break

----

[YT]XwCCqVPb0XQ&sdig=1[/YT]

----

posted on nin.com by TR

Big news today!

As many of you know, I've been working closely with Saul Williams on his new record. We've spent many hours together in hotel rooms, busses, backstages and studios around the world working on something we knew was great. This is the most involved I've been with any project outside NIN since Antichrist Superstar, and I've been impatiently waiting for the chance for you to hear it.
Well... guess what?
The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust! has arrived!
After my own recent dealings with record labels we decided to release it directly to you. Head over to www.niggytardust.com for all the details. Register now and you can download the record November 1st.
Working on this project was a real pleasure. Saul was interested in breaking boundaries / crossing genres / defying expectations and we learned a great deal from one another in the process. When asked about the sound of the record, I've had to resort to "... I really don't know HOW to describe it." That's a good thing more than ever these days.

A word on the way we've chosen to release this.
There are obvious similarities in how Radiohead just released their new record and the way we've chosen to. After thinking about this way too much, I feel we've improved upon their idea in a few profound ways that benefit you, the consumer. You obviously will be the judge of this in the end. One thing that IS very different in our situation is that Saul's not the household name (yet!) that Radiohead is, and that means we need your support on this more than ever. If you like what you hear, spread the word.

I hope you enjoy the music,

TR

----

ninhead

is pretty sure he's heard this before.
Cannot wait. Love the sampling on "Tr(n)igger".

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
I pre-ordered it, but what is he? Just a rapper?

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
I pre-ordered it, but what is he? Just a rapper?
not just a rapper, but has rap feel
its sort of... its kindda a poetry based hip hop.
i dont wanna say spoken word with a beat, but heck, just listen for yourself and decide what to label it.

Saul Williams - wiki
in the wiki it even refersto his sytle as a blend of hip-hop and poetry.
so there ya go :)

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
not just a rapper, but has rap feel
its sort of... its kindda a poetry based hip hop.
i dont wanna say spoken word with a beat, but heck, just listen for yourself and decide what to label it.

Saul Williams - wiki
in the wiki it even refersto his sytle as a blend of hip-hop and poetry.
so there ya go :)
Thanks. I'm gonna dl those two tracks when I get home from work.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
With a title like that i was expecting something more. Maybe something like Blowfly. Instead we get a NIN album with a rapper over top of it. We get it, Trent, you think it's still 1995.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Track 04 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (.flac)

cover of U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

----

you may need VLC player to listen to the .flac format (very good quality format)

its a free download at videolan.org

FLAC format info at sourceforge

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file.

FLAC stands out as the fastest and most widely supported lossless audio codec, and the only one that at once is non-proprietary, is unencumbered by patents, has an open-source reference implementation, has a well documented format and API, and has several other independent implementations

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Saul Williams puts on a great show, very energetic performer, goes from spoken word to punk to an avant hip hop, but work on your camera if you get a pic with him (he's a very dark man)

Black Stacey and List of Demands are my recommended tracks on Saul Williams' self titled album.

Minge

Fan of the Show
With a title like that i was expecting something more. Maybe something like Blowfly. Instead we get a NIN album with a rapper over top of it. We get it, Trent, you think it's still 1995.
Ew. :icon_roll

This album is in the running for album of the year. I like it a lot more than any other release besides 16volt's FullBlackHabit.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Ew. :icon_roll

This album is in the running for album of the year. I like it a lot more than any other release besides 16volt's FullBlackHabit.
16 Volt - FullBlackHabit is a great album, definately one you can listen to straight through.

as far as niggytardust and fullblackhabit being against each other in an album of the year... i think they are two completely different styles, which can't be pitted against each other. unless you're saying downloads and sales numbers for both.

either way, both great albums, from great artists.

::Mod Edit:: Don't do that burky ;)

Minge

Fan of the Show
as far as niggytardust and fullblackhabit being against each other in an album of the year... i think they are two completely different styles, which can't be pitted against each other.
Different styles can definitely be pitted against each other. They both have their different reasons for being what classic album they will become. With 16volt, it's the constant aggression and energy put into the pop physics of every track he does. Saul Williams finally fused his Spoken Word and Hip Hop in a way that seems innovative without sounding too foreign.

I wouldn't ever say that one sounds like the other, but nothing is too different to be compared to in music, I think. They both released their albums in hopes of getting a widespread audience. They're both definitely crossover-based music.

Perfect American Tour of 2007:
Nine Inch Nails
Saul Williams
16volt
:icon_cry: I can dream.

mik3

fornicating madly
I love Saul Williams, have for a while, I'll have to listen to this. I normally don't like Reznor but I'm sure Saul can save just about anything.

FMDoug

Saul Williams puts on a great show, very energetic performer, goes from spoken word to punk to an avant hip hop, but work on your camera if you get a pic with him (he's a very dark man)

Black Stacey and List of Demands are my recommended tracks on Saul Williams' self titled album.
Amen

I thought i was the only one here who likes him. I saw him play the siren music festival a few years back, he was amazing. I've been hooked since.

He is the only rapper that says anything important. The other ones rap about cars and houses and nothingess. Saul raps about social commentary, wanting to be white, and the decline of the black culture. (edit: and the self titled had rage playing on it on it)

I'm looking forward to listening to this

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Perfect American Tour of 2007:
Nine Inch Nails
Saul Williams
16volt
:icon_cry: I can dream.
I havent heard of 16volt, but thanks for the mention I'll give it a shot.

And last year you had the top two on one of the legs of the NIN tour. It really sucked for me because I seen NIN earlier when they had QOTSA and Death From Above 1979 (turned in the drum and guitar and went straight electronic and being called MSTRKRFT nowadays) at San Antonio, caught them again when it was with Bauhaus and TV on the Radio, and when they headed to my city for the last leg it was NIN and opener was TBA. By the time it was chosen that Saul was going to open, all the GA floor tickets were sold out months ago.:arrrh:

ninhead

is pretty sure he's heard this before.
"NiggyTardust" and "WTF" are fucking amazing, as is "No One Ever Does". This album kicks fucking ass. Well worth the $5.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Whoops, I meant 2008.
c'mon, they could get the cities booked, the bands on-board and promotions done in time to get at least one city in before 12-31-2007!

:icon_wink

FMDoug

Saul Williams is on sound opinions this week. Its an NPR show that is also a podcast. I believe you can also download it at soundopinions.com.

The guy is a great writer and thinker so the interview should be interesting.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
The nike commercial is off the chain. "List of Demands" is the shit.

Top Bottom