savages in philly shoot two cops in one day

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Fucking savages... As much disdain as I have for the city itself, I never thought it would get as bad as it has become.

BTW, I have to go make sure none of our lights are on. Not that we'd get any trick-or-treaters here anyway.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Officer Very Critical After Shooting

Suspect Remains at Large

A massive manhunt is underway for the gunman who shot and critically wounded an officer who walked in during a robbery at a Dunkin Donuts this morning.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Posted on Wed, Oct. 31, 2007

Gunman who shot police officer may have robbed same doughnut shop before

By Barbara Boyer and Jennifer Lin and Dwight Ott
Inquirer Staff Writers
The gunman who shot a Philadelphia police officer in the head during a robbery at a West Oak Lane doughnut shop may have been the same person who robbed the shop last month.
Philadelphia Police Commissioner Sylvester M. Johnson released a videotape late this afternoon of the robbery and shooting, which left Philadelphia Police Officer Charles Cassidy, 54, fighting for his life.
The earlier robbery occurred Sept. 18, committed by someone wearing a white hooded sweatjacket.
"He's casing the place," Johnson said, as he described the events immediately preceding the September robbery. The man robbed the store, but no one was injured.
He said the person being sought walks with a distinct limp.
Johnson said that the videotape from today's robbery has been sent to the FBI labs at Quantico, Va. "We've checked everything; we've left nothing unchecked; we're working with the ATF, the FBI, and entire law enforcement," Johnson said.
North Broad Street was been shut down all day from 68th Avenue to 63d Avenue, since the 10:30 shooting.
"It comes with the territory, but this has been one tough week, real tough," Johnson said of this shooting, the third shooting of a Philadelphia police officer since early Sunday morning.
Later in the news conference, he said that the tape was being shown to the media with the hope that someone might recognize the gunman and call the police at 215-686-3334, 215-686-3335 or 215-686-3336.
"We're still praying for him," Johnson said. "He's in extremely critical condition."
A tired-looking Johnson, his tie loosened at the neck, stood before cameras displaying the surveillance tape and describing the scene. On the tape, a heavy-set man with a black hoodie walked into the Dunkin' Donuts, shoved a woman into the corner, pulled his gun out from behind his back and waved it at customers.
Cassidy walked into the doughnut shop as the robbery was in progress this morning. He was shot in the head and underwent surgery at Albert Einstein Medical Center. A medical team at the hospital was trying to stabilize his blood pressure and reduce swelling in his brain.
Philadelphia police are looking for a man they described as "extremely" armed and dangerous in connection with the shooting.
Cassidy was the third Philadelphia police officer shot since early Sunday morning.
Robert Eddis, immediate past present of the local Fraternal Order of Police, said of Cassidy:
"What a great guy. Quiet guy, a family guy. Everything was about his family, I mean his whole thing was his kids and his wife. Seeing them walk into the hospital, it was just total sadness. . . . When is it going to stop. When are the people in our city going to put an end to this? It's just got to stop."
Police Commissioner Sylvester M. Johnson, speaking outside the hospital around midday, addressed the issue of police and crime: "The officers who are going out there with violent criminals and weapons are being basically assassinated, basically shot for just doing their job and nothing else." He said police have the attack on videotape, which was taken from security cameras and would be released this afternoon.
Police said that Cassidy, a 25-year veteran, stopped into Dunkin' Donuts in the 6600 block of North Broad Street about 10:30 a.m. as part of his morning routine. Johnson said he regularly checked on local businesses where recent robberies had occurred. Cassidy entered at the same time a robber pulled a gun and demanded money. The gunman spun around and fired at least one shot at the officer.
Johnson said that the gunman shot the officer once in the head and that the bullet lodged in his brain. The officer fell near a trash can and the gunman then took the officer's gun. Police are conducting a massive manhunt in the area.
The robber was described as a heavyset African American man about 5-foot-11 to 6 feet tall wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, tan khaki pants and tan boots, and with a spiderweb tattoo on his left hand. He may have been carrying an extra hoodie that is black with gray stripes.
"We need the public's help," Johnson implored, urging anyone with information to call 911. Johnson said the gunman was "extremely armed and dangerous."
"There is a criminal element in this city and around the country that have completely lost any respect for authority, and the proliferation of guns and weapons in this city and in cities around the country make this a very tough and challenging and difficult job for the police department," he said.
Asked about the recent spate of shootings of officers, Johnson said, "Somebody's got to realize we've got a gun problem in this city."
Mayor Street, speaking outside the hospital after a meeting with the officer's family, vowed: "We are going to find the person who did this - and they're going to be punished."
Cassidy's wife, Judy, and three children are among the family members at the hospital. Cardinal Rigali, who arrived there this afternoon, said that last rites had been administered. Last rites are given to people who are seriously or gravely ill.
The family is a member of St. Jerome Parish.
Rigali called this a moment of hope, saying "tragedy brings out something in the community that very, very wonderful."
Street said the family is very "distressed. We told them we would be here for them and that they had our prayers. We told them we are going to catch the perpetrator of this act."
He added, "A person who would be in a Dunkin' Donuts robbing a Dunkin' Donuts, then putting a gun at the head of a police officer and then shooting him down in cold blood, this is a troubled individual."
The gunman went into the shop and demanded money just before Cassidy opened the door, said Sandra Kim, an employee who was behind the counter at the time. He then spun around and shot the officer as he held the door.

Cassidy was a regular customer who came in twice a day for a large coffee with cream and sugar, Kim said. "He's always nice to all the employees," she said. "The officer was just coming in for a cup of coffee like normal."
Street said that he was shaken after meeting with the family and that although he has opposed the death penalty, a crime like today's "makes you reevaluate your beliefs."
He deflected criticism of the city's high rate of violence, and called the worsening crime situation a national problem brought on by federal cuts in job training and education.
The officer's shooting "shows a blatant disregard for authority that we're going to have to come to grips with," Street said. "We're creating an underclass of people who are likely to resort to violence in a serious way."
After the shooting this morning, police flooded the neighborhood and conducted a house-by-house search for the man whom they believe lives locally.
Authorities said they found clothing in the area that they believe the gunman took off while fleeing.
Teams of SWAT officers called in on the manhunt have searched numerous addresses based on tips from the public. Authorities urged all residents in the area to keep their children with them and inside their homes.
Schools and early education centers in the area - 54 in all - went into lockdown mode after the shooting.
Fernando Gallard, district spokesman, said students were being released in an orderly fashion with security and police standing by. After school and athletic programs were to go on as scheduled. The lockdown began with the Ellwood Elementary School because the gunman was across the street.
La Salle University announced that its evening classes on the main campus were canceled for the night, although student activities, including athletic events, were to be held as scheduled.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Posted on Wed, Oct. 31, 2007

Gunman who died in Schuylkill was convicted murderer

By David O’Reilly Robert Moran and Michael Matza

INQUIRER STAFF WRITERS
The masked man who shot three people and a police officer in Center City last night before drowning in the Schuylkill while trying to escape was a convicted murderer only recently released from prison.

After a hot pursuit by police Tuesday night across downtown Philadelphia, the body of Jerome Whitaker, 29, was hauled from the river about 3 a.m. today, a spokesman for the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office said.

Court records show that Whitaker pleaded guilty to murder in the 1994 shooting of Michelle Cutner, 6, his South Philadelphia neighbor. His lawyer maintained that Whitaker fired into an unoccupied vehicle in revenge for an earlier quarrel and accidentally hit the girl, who was playing outside.

Whitaker served 11 years in state prison before being paroled in July 2006. He was arrested four months ago on drug charges and recommitted to prison for violating parole. He was released last month when the underlying charges were withdrawn.

Family members say the drug case was dropped after Whitaker proved that he had a prescription for the pills that were found on him at the time of his arrest.

Just six weeks later - Tuesday night - he was again in trouble with the law.

Police say Whitaker rolled up in a sport utility vehicle and opened fire on a parked car near 15th and Sansom Streets at about 10 p.m., wounding two men in their 30s and grazing a 20-year-old woman. The men remained in critical condition at Jefferson University Hospital today. The woman was treated and released.

Police offered no motive for the apparent assassination attempt and declined to release the victims' names, pending further investigation.

After he gave chase, Santiago, 44, an 18-year veteran of the department, was shot in the shoulder, police said, without giving further details. He remained hospitalized today in guarded condition at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Police say Santiago, who was on routine patrol in his squad car, responded to a radio report of the shooting. He intercepted the SUV on the west side of City Hall and gave chase, ending up on Sansom Street, where the gunman crashed his car into the brick wall of Greenfield Elementary School, at 22d and Sansom.

The driver ran to the river.

Witnesses to the midtown mayhem were stunned.

Ed Chen, 25, was eating dinner at Bonner's Irish Pub at 23d and Sansom when he glanced out the door and saw someone running down Sansom "like there's no tomorrow."

"He bolts across [23d] street without even looking to see if there are any cars coming, and I thought that was pretty strange. Then I saw a cop hobbling down the street after him, and I see he's bleeding from the back of his arm."

Chen, a cardiac nurse at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, said he ran from the bar to assist the officer, who was "hunched over, trying to talk into his radio."

Chen told the officer he was a nurse and offered to help with the wound when a police car arrived, followed by others, as officers began searching side streets and alleys. A helicopter joined the hunt, aiming its searchlights onto the streets and the nearby river.

Chen said the man he saw running wore a white hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.

The Schuylkill, which is about 300 yards wide where the gunman jumped in, is channelized and flanked by sheer cement walls that rise about six or seven feet above the water - with nothing to grasp.

A workman for the Philadelphia Water Department who operates a boat and was tying up just south of the dock said there are a few ladders along the wall - "but you'd never find them in the dark."

Across town, where the chase began, Sam Driban, owner of the Black Cat Cigar Co. in the 1500 block of Sansom, said he was working late Tuesday night, "finishing my Christmas catalogues, when I heard this 'pop, pop pop.' "

Moments later, he said, the area was flooded with police, hustling down alleys, guns drawn. He said it seemed like "the wild, wild West."

Relatives said Whitaker had been living for about a year with a cousin in Southwest Philadelphia.

He had been working on and off and had just started a job last week at a Northeast Philadelphia company, said his mother, Cynthia Edwards.

She said she last spoke to him in the afternoon before his death. He had just gotten off work and was stopping by to visit family. She said he spoke about being tired and wanting to clean up when he got home. She said there was no indication that he was having problems.

"I don't know what happened," she said.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Just the title is a huge buzz kill. When are we gonna keep criminals off the streets? Convicted Murderer. How does that happen?

Sounds like a nice part of a platform to run for office. I need to see action taken against all who commit crime against humanity.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Just the title is a huge buzz kill. When are we gonna keep criminals off the streets? Convicted Murderer. How does that happen?

Sounds like a nice part of a platform to run for office. I need to see action taken against all who commit crime against humanity.

but instead of blaming poor city management, cuts in funding, and the lawlessness of the court system they want to blame guns, and toss out the constitution with there "stop and frisk" programs

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
but instead of blaming poor city management, cuts in funding, and the lawlessness of the court system they want to blame guns, and toss out the constitution with there "stop and frisk" programs
"An armed society, is a polite society..."

Embrace the Second Amendment and it will set you free.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Rev. Al in 3....2..... oh wait.... The Bounty Hunter said the N word today. Go get'em Allllllll.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
I'm working in Philly today. Got my Smith and Wesson airweight in my pocket just in case. Wouldn't want to call a cop if I'm getting robbed. Don't want him getting shot.

CringeRadioWanted

I got nothin'....
Aug 23, 2003
Damn...the officer passed away today.

I would not want to be a criminal in Philly for a while. I think that there will be a lot of officers with a VERY short fuse....

And I'm glad...let them go to town. I abhor Philly as a town, but those fucking savages get whatever they have coming to them. I never thought I'd advocate a repeat of MOVE, but it's starting to sound intriguing.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
Damn...the officer passed away today.

I would not want to be a criminal in Philly for a while. I think that there will be a lot of officers with a VERY short fuse....

And I'm glad...let them go to town. I abhor Philly as a town, but those fucking savages get whatever they have coming to them. I never thought I'd advocate a repeat of MOVE, but it's starting to sound intriguing.
Wilson didnt do Goode.....(linger way way longer):clap:

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
Me and a friend actually were on top of the roof of an apartment building he was a super of about 3 blocks away from the MOVE incident years ago and we watched everything from when the bomb was dropped by the FBI in their helicopter until the whole neighborhood was fully engulfed. It was crazy to say the least.

The cops in the city are involved in the largest manhunt in the entire history of the police force looking for the perp that shot this cop in the head.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i got the story from one of the boys in blue, the duncan donuts robbery was an execution, i hope they kill this mother fucker before he makes it to trial

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
looks like they may have picked up the negro in miami, one can only hope he resists on his way back