Schilling Done for Season?

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Red Sox may be without veteran Curt Schilling for the upcoming season due to a significant shoulder injury. The Boston Herald reported that the 41-year-old right-hander may need surgery, which would likely cost him the season and very well could end his career.

more...

Still More -- http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556

Steam

May 18, 2003
Well, it may free him up to go on a search mission for norton23.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Well, it may free him up to go on a search mission for norton23.
hahahahaha! Norton23 is with the bloody sock.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Bet they're glad they didn't trade for Santana now...

Steam

May 18, 2003
hahahahaha! Norton23 is with the bloody sock.
"Curt, hold me"

Bet they're glad they didn't trade for Santana now...
They should be fine regardless. They have Beckett, Dice-K (I expect a huge year out of him), Lester, Bucholz, and Wakefield. They still have less question marks than the Yankees do in the rotation.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
They still have less question marks than the Yankees do in the rotation.
I would agree with this statement. With these two teams, it's really more like when we compared the size of the US and USSR nuclear arsenals, who can blow up the world how many times. This rivalry and the ensuing arms race have damaged the league a little I think. Don't get me wrong It's great for us...

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Schilling is a huge loss because he is a rare big game pitcher. one of the best of his generation, if not ever

Steam

May 18, 2003
I would agree with this statement. With these two teams, it's really more like when we compared the size of the US and USSR nuclear arsenals, who can blow up the world how many times. This rivalry and the ensuing arms race have damaged the league a little I think.
I don't know. Other teams seem to be doing well also. Plus, the attention that the Yankees and Red Sox bring (although it gets to be overkill thanks to ESPN) is good for baseball.

That being said, although the Red Sox have a better rotation right now I'm definitely ready to go into the season with Wang, Pettitte, Hughes, Mussina, and Joba holding the fort for the Yankees. Come 2010 Hughes, Joba, and Kennedy will be 1-3 in the best rotation in baseball. Write it on a rock.

As for Schilling, the guy is a loudmouth douche but to be fair when I met him while he was rehabbing in Scranton he was nothing but a standup guy and signed autographs for everyone who wanted one.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
I don't know. Other teams seem to be doing well also. Plus, the attention that the Yankees and Red Sox bring (although it gets to be overkill thanks to ESPN) is good for baseball.
Yeah I think they do the sport a service on the publicity side, but think about it, these 2 teams combined have appeared in 7 of the last 10 World Series and have won 5. It's a little out of control.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
they do have beckett though who can has played great in big games too.
no doubt. but big game playoff pitchers are very hard to come by. the sox were blessed enough to have two. now its one. they still have a great team no one can deny that.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Feb 26, 2006
Long Island, NY
Schilling is a huge loss because he is a rare big game pitcher. one of the best of his generation, if not ever
He WAS a huge big game pitcher. I have a lot of love for him but I said he should have retired after last season. He doesn't have the same stuff anymore. A lot of teams knocked the shit out of him.

As for not trading for Santana, they would have had to give up too much. There's no reason for it. The only area that concerns me is their bullpen (Kajones).