Schilling to sign to Yankees

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I guess I have to admit I really didn't see this comming,,,it makes some sense though, there losing a veteran and need somebody in there to take that role,,who better than a guy like Schilling who has all the world series winning expierence and is a great mentor.

I don't think im going to be too happy about this once it really sinks in :(

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
Fucking turncoat. What a blow to the glow of a fresh championship. 14.4 million?!

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Yes, I hear Babe Ruth is being exhumed as we speak and will be activated to pitch this season so he can pick up his 100th win as a pitcher.... The Yanks of the last few years would have no qualms about overpaying for yet another aging power pitcher. I'm hoping the yanks of the next few years are able to keep such moves in check. Will you be making up any other stories for "Make stuff Up Tuesday" or is this about it?

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Schilling should be a good fit with them but this is such bullshit IM PISSED FUCKING CUNT!!!!!!!

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
I thought they weren't on his list of teams he wanted to go to

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3096549

Schilling reaches agreement with champs on deal

Curt Schilling and the Boston Red Sox have reached an agreement on a one-year deal worth about $8 million in base salary and another $2 million in potential incentives, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reports.

The agreement is pending Schilling, 40, passing a physical exam.

Schilling
On his Web site, 38pitches.com, Schilling gave an update on the negotiations.

"Talks with the Red Sox are moving," he wrote. "[Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein] and I have spoken multiple times daily over the past week and given the current situation I am feeling very confident that we will be able to finalize a 1 year contract to allow us a chance to finish our career as members of the Red Sox organization.

"There are some things to iron out and details that must be finalized for both sides but barring something unforseen or outrageously odd happening I feel very comfortable that I will finish my career here."

Schilling, who is not represented by an agent, went 9-8 with a 3.87 ERA last season. He won three games in the postseason, including Game 2 of the World Series on the way to Boston's sweep of the Colorado Rockies.

Schlling is a six-time All-Star who has been with the Red Sox for four of his 20 seasons.

The Boston Herald, which first reported that Schilling was near a deal with the Red Sox, reported that the Astros, Diamondbacks and Phillies all contacted Schilling on the first day of free agency. But Schilling posted on his Web site: "I made it clear to all three teams that my intent was to do whatever I could to resolve this and remain in Boston for the final year of my career."

In 2004, Schilling went 21-6 and helped lead the Red Sox to their first World Series title since 1918, but his velocity has since diminished.

After the Red Sox declined to give him an extension, Schilling said in February that he would become a free agent after the season. He said then he would return for Boston in 2008 for $13 million, the same salary he earned in 2007.

I dont know ESPN says different

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
I am feeling very confident that we will be able to finalize a 1 year contract to allow us a chance to finish our career as members of the Red Sox organization.
Nothing makes me squirm more than Jocks using the "Royal We" when referring to themselves. Allow Us to Finish Our Carreers? You and who else Curt?

Fucking Douche.

Fucking Clemens does this shit too. Makes me want to stab him in the eye.

TheTruth

BabyFuck fan since day 1
Jun 27, 2006
North Jersey
It helps there isn't a link on espn.com that totally contradicts your story.

The whole beauty of making up a story is that it can't be confirmed or denied. Like the Brady story today worked well because there was nothing saying otherwise.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Oh my gawd, Kurt Schilling is in George Steinbrenners bawx!

Fuck New York.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Good thing he sign back with the RedSox, i would have lost a lot of respect for Curt, especially after he had said he would never sign with the Yankees.

Say what you want about Schilling, but he is a man of his word, which is something not every player can say...

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Good thing he sign back with the RedSox, i would have lost a lot of respect for Curt, especially after he had said he would never sign with the Yankees.

Say what you want about Schilling, but he is a man of his word, which is something not every player can say...
He signed an 8mil deal. He said, out of respect for the player's union, he wouldn't take a deal below market value. And that he didn't want to talk if discussions didn't start at his current 13mil. So, yeah.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Of course he signed with the sox...didn't you see..Posada was smiling, Pettite knew...

:D It's true and im saddened that the Red Sox are comming out with this outlandish statement saying they sighned him,,,sad,,,truly sad. He's a Yankee now :(

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
he wanted to sign with the yanks but his makeup artist lives in mass.

he had no choice

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
Guys, before you make up a bullshit story at least know the rules. Free agents can only talk with their own team for 15 days after the WS. After that they can negotiate with other teams....