School suspends 5 Year old Kindergartner for terrorist threats with a bubble gun.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Get this weapon of war off the streets, now!

Threat of using 'bubble gun' gets 5-year-old suspended

MOUNT CARMEL, Pa. — A 5-year-old kindergartner who told classmates she was going to shoot them, and then herself, with her pink gun that shoots bubbles, was grilled for three hours by school officials without her mother’s knowledge, and then suspended.

The school categorized her actions as a “terroristic threat,” according to the kindergartner’s mother and confirmed by the family attorney. That suspension was later reduced to two days and labeled as a “threat to harm others.”

Mount Carmel Superintendent Bernard Stellar declined comment, saying it would be a breach of confidence and that he cannot discuss student discipline issues.

The alleged incident occurred Jan. 10, while the girl was waiting in a school bus line.

According to Robin Ficker, of Bethesda, Md., the parents’ lawyer, the kindergartner was playing with two friends and spoke about her Hello Kitty Bubble Gun, which shoots bubbles.

Ficker said the girl mentioned that she was going to shoot one of her friends and then herself with the bubble gun, so that they could all be together. Then, she was going to shoot herself again when she got home.

“This logic, which was not said in malice, came from the mind of this beautiful 5-year-old child who was playing with her friends, whom she hugs every day,” Ficker said.

Someone at the school became aware of the conversation and the next day, the little girl was questioned.

The attorney said this is an example of how school officials have overreacted since the shooting in December at an elementary school in Connecticut where 20 children were killed.

“You can’t make light of what happened to this girl either,” Ficker said. “The incident goes on her permanent school record.”

The girl’s mother said her daughter has been very upset since the incident. The 5-year-old expressed fears that she could be sent to jail.

Before being allowed to return to school, Ficker said, the girl had to undergo psychological testing from an independent practitioner.

Ficker is fighting to expunge the incident from the girl’s records. He did not rule out suing the school district.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
stories like this make me wish the world did end in 2012.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Ever been to Mt. Carmel Pa.? It's a little slice of heaven in the sticks that tries act like it is a cosmopolitan area...It's surrounded by state game lands for goodness sake...It's where the people from Centralia were relocated.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
well time to ban them and confiscate all bubble guns

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Ever been to Mt. Carmel Pa.? It's a little slice of heaven in the sticks that tries act like it is a cosmopolitan area...It's surrounded by state game lands for goodness sake...It's where the people from Centralia were relocated.
It's one of those old coal towns where you wonder if they still mine coal or whether they're just waiting for death.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
It's one of those old coal towns where you wonder if they still mine coal or whether they're just waiting for death.
They have a paper or plastic plant if I recall..I think there is still one strip mine open near there.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I don't know. Me thinks this 5 year old isn't as "beautiful" as her mommy says. What 5 year old knows about murder-suicide and going to jail?
I like the part where the lawyer tries to get sympathy by pointing out that the incident will go on her permanent record and says you can't make light of the situation and he's considering suing. Really? You represent a 5-year old who plays murder-suicide with a Hello Kitty bubble gun, mention her permanent record as if she's being sent to Auschwitz, threaten to sue, and you think people shouldn't make jokes? After reading the article I wasn't sure which side was over-reacting worse.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I saw the headline for this earlier over the weekend. During the SF/ATL game on Fox Sunday they ran a promo for one of their shows where it showed a kid using this one or another bubble gun like this.

Fucking doomed is right.