Scott Greenstein Renews At Sirius XM ....Opie must be Sooooo Happy

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/120568/scott-greenstein-renews-at-sirius-xm

SCOTT GREENSTEIN has inked a new deal to continue as Pres./Chief Content Officer at SIRIUS XM RADIO.
The deal, lasting through JULY 22, 2016, will pay GREENSTEIN, the former MIRAMAX and USA FILMS executive, a base salary of $1,250,000 (the same as his last contract) and an opportunity to earn a target annual bonus equal to 150% of the base salary.
The new contract is, according to SIRIUS XM's SEC filing, similar to his existing deal except that it no longer includes a "golden parachute" excise tax gross-up. It also includes is a severance obligation of a lump sum payout equaling GREENSTEIN's base salary plus his last bonus, in exchange for GREENSTEIN signing a release, and stock options valued at $6.5 million and restricted stock unit options of $1 million, vesting on JULY 22, 2016.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Is he in charge of the rock stations also or just talk? If he's in charge of music, I'm done. I'll just download or sign up for audible.

The rock stations I listen to have a tighter playlist than a top forty station. Every fourth song on Lithium is Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Faction is horrible Jason Ellis like half the time. And the fucking modern alternative rock station with their top 18 song countdown on the weekend, which they replay like every two hours makes me want to hang someone. And the new wave station, fucking mix it up already, call it College Rock or something and get away from Depeche Mode and The Cure every third song.​

The fucking Jack FM station in LA just did an entire weekend without repeating a single song and it sounded pretty good from the parts I heard.

I think we're like one cell phone tower generation away from XM being useless. If I didn't lose signals in a handful of spots, I'd just listen to my iheartradio or pandora stations.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
Is he in charge of the rock stations also or just talk? If he's in charge of music, I'm done. I'll just download or sign up for audible.

The rock stations I listen to have a tighter playlist than a top forty station. Every fourth song on Lithium is Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Faction is horrible Jason Ellis like half the time. And the fucking modern alternative rock station with their top 18 song countdown on the weekend, which they replay like every two hours makes me want to hang someone. And the new wave station, fucking mix it up already, call it College Rock or something and get away from Depeche Mode and The Cure every third song.

The fucking Jack FM station in LA just did an entire weekend without repeating a single song and it sounded pretty good from the parts I heard.

I think we're like one cell phone tower generation away from XM being useless. If I didn't lose signals in a handful of spots, I'd just listen to my iheartradio or pandora stations.

Agree, the stations have been noticeably weak lately. Lithium's playlist is as thin as ever. Faction might as well not exist. "The Boneyard" has declined ever since it became the 24/7 Ozzy promotional tool. I like Black Sabbath, I like Ozzy, but there are so many ways that channel could go. And stop playing promos from Jack Osbourne. No one gives a fuck about his kids. The only upside seems to be that they play more Dio, whether it be Sabbath, Rainbow, or solo Dio. Shit, Classic Vinyl has a huge potential playlist, but it seems like "Radar Love" is on there every other time I check it out.

Still not as bad as the repetition of your average "pop" station though I guess. I happened to end up at the bottom end of the XM dial the other day and Hits 1, and whatever two stations come after it were all playing that Blurred Lines song. Why even bother having different stations in that genre? The wacky DJs?

Ultimately, if it weren't for O&A and to a lesser extent Howard on some days, I probably wouldn't bother with satellite. Pandora or subscribing to Spotify or Google Music would be a better choice, if music was your interest.

And in other XM news, while Scott Greenstein signed up for a few more million in compensation, Sam Roberts was bumped up to $32.5k a year from $32k.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

The rock stations I listen to have a tighter playlist than a top forty station. Every fourth song on Lithium is Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Faction is horrible Jason Ellis like half the time. And the fucking modern alternative rock station with their top 18 song countdown on the weekend, which they replay like every two hours makes me want to hang someone. And the new wave station, fucking mix it up already, call it College Rock or something and get away from Depeche Mode and The Cure every third song.​

Audible isn't bad. Since I can't listen live anyway most days it's a no-brainier.

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
Agree, the stations have been noticeably weak lately. Lithium's playlist is as thin as ever. Faction might as well not exist. "The Boneyard" has declined ever since it became the 24/7 Ozzy promotional tool. I like Black Sabbath, I like Ozzy, but there are so many ways that channel could go. And stop playing promos from Jack Osbourne. No one gives a fuck about his kids. The only upside seems to be that they play more Dio, whether it be Sabbath, Rainbow, or solo Dio. Shit, Classic Vinyl has a huge potential playlist, but it seems like "Radar Love" is on there every other time I check it out.

Still not as bad as the repetition of your average "pop" station though I guess. I happened to end up at the bottom end of the XM dial the other day and Hits 1, and whatever two stations come after it were all playing that Blurred Lines song. Why even bother having different stations in that genre? The wacky DJs?

Ultimately, if it weren't for O&A and to a lesser extent Howard on some days, I probably wouldn't bother with satellite. Pandora or subscribing to Spotify or Google Music would be a better choice, if music was your interest.

And in other XM news, while Scott Greenstein signed up for a few more million in compensation, Sam Roberts was bumped up to $32.5k a year from $32k.
It wouldnt surprise me if Sam really is making only 32k. He works 6 days a week AND he does a podcast too (who in the world would actually listen to his drivel). How much longer can this muppet take being the bitch boy of Sirius??? Would it take his wife leaving him for him to actually step up and move on with his life..

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
It wouldnt surprise me if Sam really is making only 32k. He works 6 days a week AND he does a podcast too (who in the world would actually listen to his drivel). How much longer can this muppet take being the bitch boy of Sirius??? Would it take his wife leaving him for him to actually step up and move on with his life..

Where is he going to go? Regular radio? The days of big contracts for a major market DJ are over. They'd rather just pipe in Ryan Seacrest's syndicated show.

There are really only three types of regular radio left. Awful music programing. Political talk. Sports talk. #1 is Sam's only other option.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sadly, Sam's wife is not going to leave him anytime soon. Every time she has a moment of clarity, he ups her roofie dosage. What a bastard.