OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Scott Weiland fired from Stone Temple Pilots....again

Discussion in 'Music' started by jnoble, Feb 27, 2013.

1. jnoble

jnoble Lingering longer for a longering linger

2. Voodoo Ben

Voodoo Ben You gotta wash your ass

bet you 50 bucks it was because of drugs.

3. DiggerNick

DiggerNick Well-Known Member
    Donator

Scott Weiland is a fucking cunt. I don't know which affliction is worse, his smack addiction or his 'Lead Singer's Disease'.

Have you ever heard this pompous, droning, self-absorbed douche interviewed? He's insufferable.

4. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Fuck Scott Weiland but this will only last until the next time he is part of a reunion tour. Havent liked anything they have done since their second album anyway.

rockpup likes this.
  5. Voodoo Ben

Voodoo Ben You gotta wash your ass

and his solo work sucked.

6. Mother Shucker

Mother Shucker I'm over here now.

I loved Scott and the band. They where my favorite band to see live, until...

... that fucking PNC show that O&A introduced them. The rock star diva shit Scott pulled that night made me so sick, I never saw them again. And they played at the Paramount in Huntington last year. I could not go.

7. DiggerNick

DiggerNick Well-Known Member
    Donator

I think one of the 'Classic Metal Show' guys told a first-hand account of the rest of the band calling out "C'mon, Axl!!" to Weiland, who was late for a show and had barricaded himself in his bus.

Cock.

BIV and Neckbeard like this.
  8. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Registered User

I remember during VR that Weiland said he was really benefiting from being around guys who had cleaned themselves up. Duff in particular was apparently trying to coach him on ways to stay sober. I guess that hit a dead end at some point.

I like nearly everything Weiland done, except maybe his second solo album, but I've also read enough about his antics to not blame guys like Slash or the Deleo brothers for not wanting to deal with him. Just another talented, but tragically flawed rock star.

As others here have pointed out, I think addiction is just one of his problems. I think guys like Slash and Duff could have dealt with just struggling with addiction. I'm guessing he is just insufferable whether clean or not.

9. jnoble

They said that things in VR started falling apart during the making of the second album and the relationships between the band and Weiland got worse and worse as that tour went on. I was fortunate to have great seats at the PNC Center in NJ for that tour. The sound was great and we were sitting dead center in the first row of a lower balcony so we didn't have to look past or around someone's fat head directly in front of us.

10. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Love the fact that he found out about it by reading it in the news..... asshole.

11. jnoble

I remember when the b-b-b-boys had Duff on and he said that Scott was LVP "Lead Vocalist Positive" . Never used as a flattering label.

12. Foggy

Foggy I'm wasting my life here
    Donator

The third and fifth are mediocre (actually the fifth one is soft shite) but No. 4's surprisingly a great one.

The problem for STP is that nobody would give a shit about them without Weiland. That is, unless they replaced him with somebody who's bigger than the band itself in the first place. Not likely.