Seattle Schools document say math is oppressive

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Seattle Schools document say math is oppressive, US government racist

"At its core, the belief seems to be that “western” math is viewed as the only “legitimate expression” of math identity and that it’s used to “disenfranchise people and communities of color” and, consequently, it “erases the historical contributions of people and communities of color.”"

https://mynorthwest.com/1537348/ran...say-math-is-oppressive-us-government-racist/?

This one is even better:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/seattle-schools-continue-to-lead-the-way-in-lunacy/

"The entire “Power and Oppression” portion of the framework truly is a thing to behold. Its “Essential Questions” section asks “Who holds power in a mathematical classroom?” “Who is Smart? Who is not Smart?” and “Can you recognize and name oppressive mathematical practices in your experience?” And then most appallingly: “Who gets to say if an answer is right?”"

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Chris Rock voice: Nothing makes a nigga happier than not being able to answer your question! What's two plus two? Shit, I don't know!:haha7:

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
"At its core, the belief seems to be that “western” math is viewed as the only “legitimate expression” of math identity and that it’s used to “disenfranchise people and communities of color” and, consequently, it “erases the historical contributions of people and communities of color.”"
LoL, wut?

Every ting be racis, mon.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I certainly love the concept that there is more than one type of math.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Who's English? Your oppressive English?
What do you know about the English Identity of people of color?
I know the title of that article is written wrong

Haeder

South Dakota
"We built pyramids before Donald Trump even knew what architecture was. We taught philosophy and astrology [sic] and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it…Do some cracker come and tell you, ‘Well my mother and father blood go back to the Mayflower,’ you better hold your pocket. That ain’t nothing to be proud of, that means their forefathers was crooks."

So math is racist but school leaders deciding that minorities are too dumb to know how to add and subtract isn't? If that attitude doesn't sum up how radical liberals view minorities then I don't know what does.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
So math is racist but school leaders deciding that minorities are too dumb to know how to add and subtract isn't? If that attitude doesn't sum up how radical liberals view minorities then I don't know what does.
No, you see it’s perfectly ok to point out fake racism, by using actual racism’s

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
If you want minorities to understand math, you need to use a relatability topic; i.e. drugs and how to break down a package (a kilo of H), add cut and figure your profit.

Failure should never be an option and ass beatings for those that fuck up.