Seattle will tax sugary soda — but not diet

I find it funny how they have run out of tradional sins to tax so now they are making them up
Well the are trying to make up for all those people quitting smoking... like in PA they make $2.60 in taxes on each pack.

Then of course we have ole Bill De Blasio...

Which leads to:

High taxes and limited enforcement have New York City awash in illegal booze and cigarettes

Bootlegging deprives New York state of at least $1.6 billion in annual tax revenue. It's only growing

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Fuck smokers. They leave their ciggie butts all over the place. Fleece them dry.
I agree... but presently half of New York's booze and smokes are "illegal" aka no state or city tax paid...

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Yep the cilia in your lungs should start working... don't be surprised of what you cough up... it will be nasty.
Don't they grow back after years of being burnt off?

What a thought: you burn your lungs' first defense to foreign particles down to the nubs so you can have even more carcinagens slipping down in there.

Yeesh.

What a thought: you burn your lungs' first defense to foreign particles down to the nubs so you can have even more carcinagens slipping down in there.

Yeesh.
From what I remember from Biology is nicotine turns them off... but after a certain period (I think like 5 days (?)) they turn back on and start pushing out shit again. I remember a few days of coughing up black spiders in the shower in the morning after I quit... then beige and now I don't have my morning coughing fits... go figger.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
From what I remember from Biology is nicotine turns them off... but after a certain period (I think like 5 days (?)) they turn back on and start pushing out shit again. I remember a few days of coughing up black spiders in the shower in the morning after I quit... then beige and now I don't have my morning coughing fits... go figger.
Lunger.

Ya I was smoking like 2 to 3 packs a day. Mostly due to cigarettes (well when I first got here) were so cheap. Well compared to Canada. Now they are like $7ish I'm amazed people can afford them.

Chip Spackler

Donator

Yeesh.
Two questions:

1. Will this affect how my lungs process smoke from other, more legally questionable sources?

2. Where can I get something to put in this vaporizer that is of a more legally questionable source?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Two questions:

1. Will this affect how my lungs process smoke from other, more legally questionable sources?

2. Where can I get something to put in this vaporizer that is of a more legally questionable source?
1. Not sure but I'd use a water pipe or something that cools the smoke. If Steve is correct, then no, since there's little nicotine as far as I know. I always though it was the heat, though.

2. California. Or come to NYC I have a good source of pre loaded Cali CO oils.

Chip Spackler

Donator
1. Not sure but I'd use a water pipe or something that cools the smoke. If Steve is correct, then no, since there's little nicotine as far as I know. I always though it was the heat, though.

2. California. Or come to NYC I have a good source of pre loaded Cali CO oils.
Always water-filtered unless I'm on-the-go.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Fuck smokers. They leave their ciggie butts all over the place. Fleece them dry.
You're the exact reason all these targeted taxes and regulations get passed.

"Fuck soda drinkers, I don't drink it, so tax them".

"Fuck gun owners, I don't like firearms, so regulate them".

"Fuck cars, I ride the bus, raise the gas tax".

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
You're the exact reason all these targeted taxes and regulations get passed.

"Fuck soda drinkers, I don't drink it, so tax them".

"Fuck gun owners, I don't like firearms, so regulate them".

"Fuck cars, I ride the bus, raise the gas tax".
Damn. I had no idea I was costing people all this money.

Soda drinkers don't bug me at all. There aren't millions of soda cans on basically every road and sidewalk.

Gun owners: I am one.

I also drive.

Fuck piggy smokers. Jack it up to $19 a pack.

whiskeyguy

Donator

Soda drinkers don't bug me at all. There aren't millions of soda cans on basically every road and sidewalk.

I also drive.

That's my point, there's always someone who doesn't care about things you enjoy, and willing to vote to tax or regulate the shit out of it. The result is EVERYTHING is taxed and regulated to all hell. Why does our society support infringing on the choices of others over allowing people the freedom to live their own lives? The government loves it, because every time trends/opinions change, they can increase taxes on something new.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
That's my point, there's always someone who doesn't care about things you enjoy, and willing to vote to tax or regulate the shit out of it. The result is EVERYTHING is taxed and regulated to all hell. Why does our society support infringing on the choices of others over allowing people the freedom to live their own lives? The government loves it, because every time trends/opinions change, they can increase taxes on something new.
Okay, can we just charge every cunt who tosses a butt with littering, and if it's still lit we charge double? If you're being an inconsiderate cunt with your habit nobody sympathizes. We've had this convo before.

#notallsmokers

Fuck it, $25 per pack.

Okay, can we just charge every cunt who tosses a butt with littering, and if it's still lit we charge double? If you're being an inconsiderate cunt with your habit nobody sympathizes. We've had this convo before.

#notallsmokers

Fuck it, $25 per pack.
Were you alive in the 70s shit even into the 80's... people stuck in traffic would open their doors and empty their ashtrays on the road. Believe me its a lot better now then it was even 10 years ago for cigarette butts,

whiskeyguy

Donator

#notallsmokers

Fuck it, $25 per pack.
Of course I'm fine charging people who throw lit cigarettes out the window. That's a consequence of your own action. Taxing everyone who smokes, even those who don't litter, is like blaming all gun owners for a mass shooting. Or taxing every fast food bag because you see those along the highway, even though the vast majority of customers throw them in the garbage. Assuming the worst out of any group, and preemptively fining/regulating them is not a free society. You give people freedom, and when they fuck up, they answer for it in the justice system.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

#notallsmokers

Fuck it, $25 per pack.
Yes, those laws are already on the books. Enforce them.

Sin taxes are bullshit.

A coworker who isn't one of the loonies I always talk about said "I'm not going to agree with you on this one Biv. Our schools need to be funded and if taxpayers are not going to approve the bonds, we need to find another way."

If it doesn't effect you or supports your cause.....

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

I also drive.