Seattle will tax sugary soda — but not diet

It's not a question of regulating anything.
It's a bullshit excuse to tax people even more.
No, it was a post for the way they think. A bullshit tax under the guise that they care about people's health

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
And now you can expect a bunch of dirty bums outside of bodegas selling "loosie" sodas.

A huge vaccuum was just created that IS going to be filled with soda smugglers and peddlers. An entire industry of criminals was created out of thin air.

Fucking soda smugglers.

Thank you, government.

And now you can expect a bunch of dirty bums outside of bodegas selling "loosie" sodas.

A huge vaccuum was just created that IS going to be filled with soda smugglers and peddlers. An entire industry of criminals was created out of thin air.

Fucking soda smugglers.

Thank you, government.

Will there be a tax free reservation , like with the Indians?

My Captain and Cokes may soon rise, if this stretches

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Vending machines are going to have to switch to bitcoin because they can't make change for $100 bills

KRSOne

Stevia does exactly the same thing that aspartame does... it tricks your brain into thinking you're getting your nummy sweeties, while it stimulates your "Moar!" centers, but it doesn't provide any of the calories you crave, so the result is you just shovel in moar garbage. It's the old... "I'll have two Whoppers and a Diet Coke."

Stevia doesn't do anything different than what aspartame does, it just does it with a bitter, nasty taste, and with an "organic" label stuck on it to fool the rubes and the Kirktards.
For weight gain but its not a big cancer or stroke risk like the daily consumption of aspartame.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
For weight gain but its not a big cancer or stroke risk like the daily consumption of aspartame.
Except aspartame isn't either, unless you shove a pound of it down the throat of a half pound rat every hour for a week.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Chicago ended up repealing their sugar tax. Not before the county board president squalled that repealing the tax would leave a $200 million dollar hole in the budget. They already had the money spent on everything except what they said the tax was going to go to.

Supporters warned that the decision would leave a $200 million hole in the county's 2018 fiscal year budget beginning Dec. 1. They also defended the tax as a way to reduce consumption of unhealthy sugary beverages.
How does reduction of use of the item being taxed help the budget?

Rush was talking about taxing cigarettes years ago, and said statistically about 80% of smokers are poor, so taxing cigarettes is taxing the poor so they can give stuff to the poor.

Rush was talking about taxing cigarettes years ago, and said statistically about 80% of smokers are poor, so taxing cigarettes is taxing the poor so they can give stuff to the poor.
I guess that's why they call them the Working Man.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Seems like a good system.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
And who do you think buys most of the cheap, sugary soda?

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Fat truck drivers with 80ounce refill mugs?

Lord Zero

It's funny because diet soda is so much worse than regular soda.

Lord Zero

Don't forget they don't allow pesky facts and logic to fuck up perfectly good legislation.
You laugh, but it must be comforting to know that your elected representative is willing to fight reality itself for your best interests. That can't be a cheap project, though. That must be where the extra tax revenue goes; to building more anti-reality weapons.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
So a latte isn't taxed, since the first listed ingredient is "milk".

But a frap, which has less sugar, IS taxed because it's first ingredient is "water".

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
They did this in Philly and beer sales soared.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Also, one of the local hospital chains decided to eliminate all drinks and foods with added sugar. I think the staff might revolt as they are removing the breakfast pastry and cookies and flavored coffee from the coffee shop.

Floyd1977

Also, one of the local hospital chains decided to eliminate all drinks and foods with added sugar. I think the staff might revolt as they are removing the breakfast pastry and cookies and flavored coffee from the coffee shop.
Removing sugar from a place where the workers depend on energy. What could go wrong?

Guess it's back to good ol cocaine

Queen_Bona

The former government introduced a ban on sugar and salt in school shops and cafeterias.
Easy to foresee, parents started packing chips and chocolate bars for their kids while those school shops went out of business.