Secret Service buys a "pile" of cupcakes from baker that refused Biden visit...

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Secret Service officers associated with Vice President Joe Biden bought a pile of cupcakes from the baker who refused to host Biden at his shop — and they did so out of gratitude.

It’s a startling news nugget at the bottom of a local report. “hortly after Crumb and Get It told Biden’s advance people ‘no’ — the secret service walked in and told [owner] Chris McMurray ”Thanks for standing up and saying ‘no’ — then they bought a whole bunch of cookies and cupcakes,” according to the Valley Reporter (Va.).

McMurray refused to host the Biden entourage as a protest of Obama’s comment, made in the nearby town of Roanoke, that “if you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that.”

The Secret Service’s purchase proved to be a herald of things to come, as Virginia locals rewarded McMurray with a rush of business this morning. The bakery ran out of food by 1:15 pm.

Link.

:haha7: :haha7:

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Good for them.

I am sure Biden treats them like shit. Heck, he charges them rent so they can do their jobs and protect his dumb ass at his mansion in Delaware.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Good for them.

I am sure Biden treats them like shit. Heck, he charges them rent so they can do their jobs and protect his dumb ass at his mansion in Delaware.
Don't know about Biden, but I hear his wife is really nice.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I don't have a problem with the purchase, it's the political statement. Same problem I have with guys in uniform attending political events.
Secret Service don't give up their civilian rights when they take the job. They're just as free to speak their minds as you or I. Also, unless they're part of the uniformed division, they're probably wearing street clothes.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
You can have my bear claw when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Yep we need some strong dems to institute some pastry control.
:haha7:

I don't have a problem with the purchase, it's the political statement. Same problem I have with guys in uniform attending political events.
It could have just as easily been that they were tired of every single place that was approached about a stop fawning all over them. Maybe they found the "NO" refreshing. Maybe that bakery was going to be a security nightmare due to location or layout, and the refusal saved them some headache. Lots of possible motivations at play here.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
What I want to know is why the muffin store owner ratted on them for buying them. I understand he was happy to tell Biden to go pound sand. I also understand the Secret Service threw him a lot of business for it. But dummy up stupid. Now these guys could be reassigned to tracking down phony $20 bills in Pigs Dick Arkansas.

Jon the Cop

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
What I want to know is why the muffin store owner ratted on them for buying them. I understand he was happy to tell Biden to go pound sand. I also understand the Secret Service threw him a lot of business for it. But dummy up stupid. Now these guys could be reassigned to tracking down phony $20 bills in Pigs Dick Arkansas.
THIS!

The politics of the USSS are a bitch as it is. I assure you an internal has already been opened on his entire detail.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I have a strong inkling that either this writer is just a dick and making shit up for a story.

Most people don't know what the Uniformed Division is anyway. They often get confused with TSA or Security Guards. Most folks only think of the earpiece and sunglasses when they think of the USSS.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
What sucks harder during a POTUS election year- being a politician and having to be asked about going to smoothie shops or being a political reporter and having to write about crap like this knowing the collective jizz that's about to be sprayed over the comments forum?

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Remember when Kerry was skiing and one of his secret service agents tripped him by mistake and he called the guy an idiot?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I have a strong inkling that either this writer is just a dick and making shit up for a story.
It is an Examiner story, wouldn't surprise me. Doesn't it seem a bit unprofessional to make a public statement like that about the people you're being paid to protect?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
He turned him away because Obama said "you didn't build that." The guy's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Because America has become a nation of rat-weasels playing "gotcha".

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Bad precedent letting Secret Service do this. I guess they didn't have any hookers available...
He turned him away because Obama said "you didn't build that." The guy's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.
That fact that people are getting the better of Obama is really getting under your skin.

Just remember Obama gave the independent vote to Mittens by selecting a idiot VP. Obama gave the small business owner vote to Mittens by shitting on their hard work.

You guys say there is no Liberal media? Well it's apparent now what a dummy Biden is. Had the media gone after him just as much as Palin I wonder if Biden's mental deficiencies would have came to light long before he made comments that even the most liberal news can't ignore.

Seriously at this point Mittens and Ryan could go back home and just hang out until the election and still win this.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Yep, total idiot.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/312876

At noon, McMurray turned down an interview request because he was too busy fielding a steady stream of orders, both from customers at the store and out-of-state patrons. A little more than an hour later, he closed the store because it had run out of cookie dough. It reopened a few minutes later, but with a sign in the window noting that only ice cream was being sold.

“It’s been a great day, a lot of great support,” McMurray said when he had a moment to talk. “A lot of folks are calling orders from out of state for local businesses and charities. That’s what we’ve got to catch up on.”

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
That fact that people are getting the better of Obama is really getting under your skin.
I'd have as much of a problem if some libtard shop owner denied Romney or Ryan the chance for a photo-op and the Secret Service made the same comments. Totally unprofessional.

The store owner can do whatever he wants, it's the Secret Service doing something like that I have a problem with. Still doubt it happened. Guy saw how the Chik Fil A thing was a boom for their business and thought he'd pull the same move.

Just remember Obama gave the independent vote to Mittens by selecting a idiot VP.
:haha7:

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Oh a typo. You got me sir. I love how all you once raging liberals have now settled down after seeing what a piece of shit your messiah really is. Yet you still try to act like you're smarter then the people on this board that saw it from day one.