Sega Genesis Appreciation Thread

Jun 4, 2006
Brick, NJ
The SNES kicks ass, that is a fact. But some of us grew up with Sega's great 16-bit console as well.

Phantasy Star IV & II
NHL 94'
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Contra Hard Corps
Castlevania Bloodlines
X-Men
Shining Force I & II
Streets of Rage II
Gunstar Heroes
Aladdin
Rocket Knight
Castle of Illusion
Mutant League Football
Mutant League Hockey
Landstalker

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I played NHL '94 every damn day. I used to love flying down the wing, then cutting across the goal at the last minute. I'd always score with that. Never got boring. :)

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
Mutant league ruled. The X-Men game was good but hardly anyone knew how to beat it becuase you had to push the reset button.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I played NHL '94 every damn day. I used to love flying down the wing, then cutting across the goal at the last minute. I'd always score with that. Never got boring. :)
Seriously, I fucking loved that game, and both Mutant League Games too. Contra was fucking amazing, and I was a big fan of 2 Crude Dudes as well.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Don't forget Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I play that game on my Genesis emulator every day. I love it.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Lets not forget Vector Man and Vector Man 2. I played the shit out of those games.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
NHL'94 you could also go around behind the net, come along the boards and out to the top of the circle and shoot a slapshot on your forehand and score every time...

I loved sonic, and my favorite ever was

Super Hang-On
Best game ever for Genesis. I loved making my own bike, winning races, getting cash. We used to break the bike, start and lose races for hours to earn cash....I used to do it while watching tv with it in the background...

Ping

Mostly harmless.
Mar 30, 2006
Central Texas
I was a Sega kid, no doubt. Genesis was my first system ever in fact, the old school Genesis Ghost Busters game, the Road Rash games, Gouls and Ghosts I wore those games the fuck out when I was a kid. I regret every day I sold my original Genesis for cash one day at Gamestop. I even owned the Dreamcast, still rank Dreamcast and Genesis as the number one and two best consols I ever owned, ever. Followed pretty close by my Wii.

A part of my childhood died the day Sega got out of the console market.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I had a genesis. It was my first console. Sonic is still to this day my favorite side scrolling game. Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was amazing as well.

Ping

Mostly harmless.
Mar 30, 2006
Central Texas
I had a genesis. It was my first console. Sonic is still to this day my favorite side scrolling game. Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was amazing as well.
Almost everything from the Dreamcast was awesome.. Virtua Tennis, Sonic Adventure, Phantasy Star Online, The Typing of the Dead, Samba de Amigo, Soul Calibur.. just some awesome awesome games.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I beat the shit out of my Genesis. The best games I owned were:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Stryder
General Chaos
Populous
Madden 95
Road Rash

I'd have to look in my attic for the rest.

Ping

Mostly harmless.
Mar 30, 2006
Central Texas
Who didn't love Road Rash? My dad fucking played that game, heh.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
One of the first games I got and beat the hell out of was
STREETS OF RAGE!

I bought it on Wii when it became available and it still holds up.

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
Road rash/ skitchin,
shadowrun,
Mortal kombat with blood,
and
Altered Beast.

The genesis ruled.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
Comparing Genesis games to SNES it seems that the Genesis has some pretty badass games, edgier stuff. I never had the Genesis, but the games almost look better than SNES...?

bryanswafford

Its the revolution Maaannnnnnn
Oct 28, 2005
Kentucky
Road Rash
Immortal
King's Bounty
Populas
Shadowrun
Phantasy Star 2
Mutant League Football
Joe Montana Sports Talk Football
Bill Walsh College Football
Super Monaco GP
Evander Hollyfield Real Deal Boxing
Tommy Lasorda Baseball
Lakers Vs. Celtics
Jordan Vs. Bird
Madden Football

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
PGA Tour Golf 2

My friends and would play it all night.

Also agree with all the NHL 94 love

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Streets of Rage I forgot. I also remember playing Golden Axe endlessly.

Ping

Mostly harmless.
Mar 30, 2006
Central Texas
Streets of Rage and Golden Axe, good lord, how could I forget those. Golden Axe.. gotta' love kickin' those little midget dudes with the bags, lol.

Altered Beast, the first console game I ever laid my fat little nerd hands on, amazing game.

"Rise from your grave.. "

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
The SNES kicks ass, that is a fact. But some of us grew up with Sega's great 16-bit console as well.

Landstalker

holy shit, finally someone who played this game, it still kicks ass to this day.

road rash II is sitting right next to me in my sega which has not been touched in years.

skitchin was definitely awesome. I cant believe no one mentioned the desert/jungle/urban strike series

california games was fun but I think they put that out for all the consoles. Interestingly enough its supposed to come out for the Wii and PS3!

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
No Toejam and Earl love? That was some fucked up shit.