Seinfeld Box Set!

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000VECAEE/km-20/ref=nosim

I understand Ant being annoyed how these shows come out with, series 1, then series 2, and 3, then a box set of all three. Then series four and five come out and have a total box set of the whole series...basicially bleeding the consumer dry.....I actually stopped at season four and have lost two seasons since moving so im definetly getting the box set as a Christmas gift.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
What's it have that the individual season's don't? I got seasons 1-6 last year for $20 each.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
I just set my Tivo to record the repeats on TBS. If I feel like watching I just pick an episode from there. Honestly, if I owned that I'd never watch it.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
I just set my Tivo to record the repeats on TBS. If I feel like watching I just pick an episode from there. Honestly, if I owned that I'd never watch it.

I have hardly watched any of them since owning them. Really glad I got them so cheap.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
What's it have that the individual season's don't? I got seasons 1-6 last year for $20 each.

SHAME ON YOU SONY---written by an angry consumer on a blog
I can't believe Sony would do this. Like many others, I've been buying the series as they have come out. The fact that Sony has bundled everything together, adding a book and other stuff is astonishing. Good luck to those buying now, your patience has been rewarded and you're going to love this box set, but Sony...SHAME ON YOU!

Apparently there's a book a lot of commentary and exclusive interviews, behind the scene stuff photos etc etc etc

im glad I lost two seasons and never bought them back!=

To me, Seinfeld can basically be broken into three parts - seasons one and two where the series is just finding itself, seasons three through seven in which absolutely everything clicks due to the cast's great on-screen rapport and the genius of Larry David, and the last two seasons after Larry David's departure in which the focus shifted somewhat from a satirical look at the uglier side of human nature to zany comedy. Usually every episode was a stand-alone. In fact, some of the early episodes are so stand-alone as to have the audience wonder what happened. In season two's "The Deal", Elaine and Jerry decide to try combining their current friendship ("this") with their past by sleeping together ("that"). As George portends though, it is pretty much impossible to mix "this and that" without eventually losing both. The end of the episode shows Jerry and Elaine pretty much settling into "this that and the other" - a romantic relationship - and then the series just drops the subject like the whole episode never happened.

Occasionally Seinfeld would have a story arc of sorts. For example, in season four the show poked fun at network television executives and their decision-making process when George and Jerry wind up pitching the idea for "a TV show about nothing" to NBC. The two offer up what is essentially the script of the widely acclaimed Seinfeld episode "The Chinese Restaurant". The network suits are unimpressed. As an alternative George and Jerry present a ridiculous plot in which a judge sentences someone who has hit Jerry's car to be his butler. This time the suits are bowled over. Seinfeld also truly had a gift for entertaining while pushing the audience to the brink of offense. "The Bubble Boy" presents the audience with a rude and obnoxious individual as the victim of an immune deficiency disease versus the patient angels that usually play this role. "The Outing" introduced the phrase "not that there's anything wrong with that" into American pop culture and also smartly satirized political correctness. "The Junior Mint" shows George in familiar form when he pleads with Jerry not to intervene to save an artist's life because it would devalue the artist's paintings he has purchased in anticipation of that same artist's death.

The show is often absurd, and though it seems impossible that such a group of self-absorbed people could carry on even the pretense of a multi-year friendship, something about it is oddly familiar to most of us. That is at least partly because of the great interaction between the main characters in which they have both comic and straight-man duties depending on the situation, making their relationships seem real although exaggerated.

As far as the details on the set, it is a 32-disc, two-volume set offering all 180 episodes of the show along with "The Official Coffee Table Book," a 226-page, bound anthology filled with photos, quotes, trivia from every episode, and personal reflections from Jerry. The collectible book also includes a bonus disc featuring "The Roundtable," an hour-long round table discussion among the four cast and creator Larry David reminiscing about the award-winning show's run on air.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
SHAME ON YOU SONY
I can't believe Sony would do this.

[/B]

Really? I'm not shocked at all. Hopefully you can buy the book on it's own too. I'm sure it'll end up costing more over the long haul then buying this "bulk" package, but for those of use who were going one at a time, there's no way I'm repurchasing everything.