Seinfeld on WFAN Steve Sommers tonight (full clip link)

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
I'm sure someone here will love this....I sure did.

even though he is a fairly knowledgeable fan, he pretty much states how sports is bullshit, without going into his old bit about rooting for the clothes.

http://podcast.wfan.com/wfan/762088.mp3

mik3

fornicating madly
I sorta like Seinfeld but Sommers is the worst sports talk guy ever, and that'll keep me from listening to this.. And that's tough title to earn, worst sports talk guy, especially since he's on the same station as Russo and Fatcessa.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
I sorta like Seinfeld but Sommers is the worst sports talk guy ever, and that'll keep me from listening to this.. And that's tough title to earn, worst sports talk guy, especially since he's on the same station as Russo and Fatcessa.
Really? ....I could see why some might not love Somers, but I hold him above most sports guys since he actually takes the time to write bits (intro monologues, etc.). Sure he can run some bits into the ground (where have we seen that before, Wackbaggers?), but he's probably among the most creative guys doing this. and you can tell that he doesn't take stuff all too seriously. That's probably why Seinfeld took to him.

I've worked in sports and sports media for over ten years, and I loved it tonight when Jerry pointed out the inherent meaninglessness of sports.

mik3

fornicating madly
Sommers, like Russo/Francessa, lets personal feelings get too involved in his show all too often. He is your stereotypical Mets fan when it comes to any reporting he does about the Yankees. And, for a guy that's trying to be witty and funny, I've never found him either. When I used to work nights I had to sit through a little of his blabbering before Beningo was on when he did the overnight, it was excruciating.