Sentence for 'lesbian bigamist'

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Sentence for 'lesbian bigamist'

By ONLINE REPORTER
August 06, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

A MUM of five who 'wed' another woman while still married to her husband was given a suspended prison sentence today.

Suzanne Mitchell, of Shrewsbury, pleaded guilty earlier to breaching the 2004 Civil Partnerships Act, which allows same-sex couples to “marry”.
She admitted falsely claiming to be single to enter into a civil union with Caroline Beddows in February last year.

At Shrewsbury Crown Court, Judge Robin Onions said Mitchell repeatedly lied in pursuit of the partnership, and her offence was one of “cruelty and deception”.

Handing Mitchell an eight-month prison sentence suspended for two years, Judge Onions said jailing the 30-year-old would have had a damaging effect on her children, whom he described as the “only injured parties” in the case.

Mitchell was also ordered to do 100 hours of unpaid community service, and made the subject of a two-year supervision order.

Mitchell - pregnant with her sixth child - initially claimed she did not understand the seriousness of the civil partnership ceremony, and claimed to have thought it was a type of “blessing” for her friendship.

But Judge Onions said: “I reject utterly your claim that you thought you were taking part in some kind of blessing of your friendship.

“You knew exactly what you were doing, and you have not expressed a trace of remorse for what you have done.

“You lied and deceived her (Miss Beddows), and this was an offence of cruelty and deception.”

After the hearing, Mitchell said: “I just want to go and see my kids.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007360208,00.html

Sounded hot... but bleech.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Mitchell - pregnant with her sixth child - initially claimed she did not understand the seriousness of the civil partnership ceremony, and claimed to have thought it was a type of “blessing” for her friendship.

Lesbian or not she loves the cock.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Nice mullet, obelisk face.

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
Standard English chic....

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
What a fugly chick.

Now think about this .... if she were a he, would the sentence be the same? Hmmm....I think not.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
yuck.....

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I don't know why, but I keep chuckling about "Judge Onions"