Sept 10 '9/11 Worst-Of' Show

erockradio

something something
Aug 23, 2002
NYC
The show will be off Monday September 10, 2007, but will return live September 11, 2007. Here’s what’s going on ‘Worst-Of’-wise. FM SIDE A nice mix of CBS & WNEW material with some new stuff from O&A mixed in.

XM SIDE
We’ll be highlighting the events in the month post-Sept 11, 2001. It’s material originally syndicated from the WNEW days with some new introductions by O&A. What you’ll hear:
  • Several segments over the course of the month where O&A review Bad 9/11 Tribute Songs from artists, prep services, and other radio shows.
  • Andrew Dice Clay live from ‘Ground Zero’ going on about hats. ‘Quantum Dice’ travels through time for hats
  • Dice pitches a radio-thon to raise money for 9/11
  • Operation: Infinite Beer. Psycho Mark vs Black Earl, to deliver kegs of beer to the workers at ‘Ground Zero’
  • Fire Marshal Earl: When the building is evacuated due to a fire, the O&A show was stuck in the studio without any idea of what was going on. It’s Earl’s job to make sure the floor is evacuated, yet he’s standing on the street. Psycho Mark involved.
  • Angry Young Earl
  • Some Brother Joe songs.
For those who need to hear EVERYTHING, I would suggest listen/tape the 6am-12pmET broadcast. The replays at 3pmET & 7:30pmET will have a majority of the material, but some omitted due to time restrictions. Our best to all those who suffered losses from the events of Sept 11.

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
Aug 31, 2004
The Edge of the Water, Norf Jersey
Good choices..I remember the ADC Radio-a-Thon (oy) but missed a lot of the other bits...had the feeling the show wouldn't be live Mon due to Brother Brett's nuptuals.

Those days were when O&A really shone in their talent as NON-"shock-jocks" and what really sold me on them.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Can we change that to Yellow text for the WB professional users? I had to highlight all the text to read it and I was reminded of someone I'd rather not be.

Otherwise, sounds like a good lineup.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Can we change that to Yellow text for the WB professional users? I had to highlight all the text to read it and I was reminded of someone I'd rather not be.

Otherwise, sounds like a good lineup.
x2 on the text please

the show will be a good respite from all the somber tributes I've got to attend on 9/11

blueribbie

registered dick hole
Jun 16, 2006
Thanks for the update E Rock.

The bachelor party must have been a good time. Probably from all of the aqua hotties.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
The show will be off Monday September 10, 2007, but will return live September 11, 2007. Here’s what’s going on ‘Worst-Of’-wise.

FM SIDE
A nice mix of CBS & WNEW material with some new stuff from O&A mixed in.

XM SIDE
We’ll be highlighting the events in the month post-Sept 11, 2001. It’s material originally syndicated from the WNEW days with some new introductions by O&A.

What you’ll hear:
  • Several segments over the course of the month where O&A review Bad 9/11 Tribute Songs from artists, prep services, and other radio shows.
  • Andrew Dice Clay live from ‘Ground Zero’ going on about hats. ‘Quantum Dice’ travels through time for hats
  • Dice pitches a radio-thon to raise money for 9/11
  • Operation: Infinite Beer. Psycho Mark vs Black Earl, to deliver kegs of beer to the workers at ‘Ground Zero’
  • Fire Marshal Earl: When the building is evacuated due to a fire, the O&A show was stuck in the studio without any idea of what was going on. It’s Earl’s job to make sure the floor is evacuated, yet he’s standing on the street. Psycho Mark involved.
  • Angry Young Earl
  • Some Brother Joe songs.

For those who need to hear EVERYTHING, I would suggest listen/tape the 6am-12pmET broadcast. The replays at 3pmET & 7:30pmET will have a majority of the material, but some omitted due to time restrictions.

Our best to all those who suffered losses from the events of Sept 11.
DAMN I wish I had a better job so I could have XM and still afford to live on my own. The KRock worst-of better be mostly WNEW stuff and more recent FM stuff. Not that the show was bad right after Diamond Dave got the boot, but it's getting much better now than it was back then.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I remember those shows-Lived in North Jersey then-I remember Op talking about how chilling it was driving by the railroad station near where he lived and seeing all the unclaimed cars of people who had parked and taken the train into NYC, many never to return to them. They happened to be talking about that as I drove by the station in my own town...anyway. Not the point of this thread I guess, but should be an interesting listen.

A

AndrewDiceGay

Will this be on Audible?

P

Pest in PDX

Those shows were better than the news back then. You got a better feeling of how New Yorkers were really dealing with the attacks. Some of the most compelling radio ever was the weeks after 9/11. The boys were amazing.
I'm looking forward to this stuff.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
What you’ll hear:
Several segments over the course of the month where O&A review Bad 9/11 Tribute Songs from artists, prep services, and other radio shows

I'm looking forward to hearing this segment. Most of the songs dedicated to 9/11 were horrendous, and for awhile afterwards, all people wanted to hear. Seems like the stations didn't want to play anything even close to resembling upbeat music.

Jun 15, 2006
Long Island
Some of the best radio ever was post 9-11, hell the 9-11 show was great I still have it stored someplace on this PC. All I gotta say "I GOT A HAT"-DIce

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Ooooh Nice choice with orange SOS, I tried Yellow, Cyan, and lime but none of them looked that good. Then I got lazy.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
im glad they are doing something like this, it's important to remember all of the things that happened that day. and also to hear dice lose his mind too.

sniper2323

The true north Idaho P.O.W.
Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
I would love to hear the 9/11 show too.

And as much as I hate it, I wouldn't lose my mind hearing hoo hoo's show, when the attacks happen. I have looked but most of the links I found are dead for both shows, so if someone knows of a non-dead link, I would be greatful.

AuGmENTor

Get AIDS and DIE, STUPID
Sep 19, 2006
upstate New York
So wait, I missed something... There isn't going to be a live show on the 11th?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
BCH, thanks. ;)

sniper2323, yea I get that and I will be skipping around during the airing of the show. I heard it numerous times and I don't feeling like getting enraged all over again.

AuGmENTor, ONA are susposed to return on the 11th. They will be in Philly Thursday and Friday.

3GROC

omghi2u
Nov 22, 2004
NJ
relistened to the show this past summer from 9/11. that and ron and fez as well. definitley surreal to hear it all again.

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
hmmm.. good choice. Usually I listen to the 9-11, 12 & 13 shows along with Bush's 9-11 speech this time of year myself. Nice to see the show keeping the memory alive.

It would be great if the FM breaks could be parts of the 9-11-2001 show on the XM side this Tuesday.