Seriously? Why would you do that?

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
Don't fucking come crying to me because you store files in your dogdamned recycle bin.
As part of the maintenance I need to perform on your computer, I clear out all the garbage, including the trash in Outlook.

If you store shit in the trash, expect it to get dumped!

Fucking stupid users.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Don't fucking come crying to me because you store files in your dogdamned recycle bin.
As part of the maintenance I need to perform on your computer, I clear out all the garbage, including the trash in Outlook.

Fucking stupid users.
Hahahaha! Had a guy here that did the same shit. Fucking ponderous.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with this. I also keep my lunch in the garbage can and get mad if the janitor tries to take it to the dumpster.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I don't see anything wrong with this. I also keep my lunch in the garbage can and get mad if the janitor tries to take it to the dumpster.
I know, right? I leave my couch on out the curb for 3 fucking days and the garbage men just take it right to the dump. WTF???

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009

Fucking stupid users.
It's the application's fault. Shitty design. They should've made deleting emails harder than let's say moving them to an Archive folder, and this problem would've been solved.

If you're gonna make it complicated to file away or hide old emails from the Inbox, but easy to just move them into the Trash, that's what users are gonna do. They're not gonna think about what if some other guy's job involves deleting that Trash folder, they'll just assume it's gonna stay there until their account runs out of space (because that's how it works on a personal email account).

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
It's the application's fault. Shitty design. They should've made deleting emails harder than let's say moving them to an Archive folder, and this problem would've been solved.

If you're gonna make it complicated to file away or hide old emails from the Inbox, but easy to just move them into the Trash, that's what users are gonna do. They're not gonna think about what if some other guy's job involves deleting that Trash folder, they'll just assume it's gonna stay there until their account runs out of space (because that's how it works on a personal email account).
1/10 Troll Points.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey

Are you one of those people?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
My chick keeps everything email wise... mind you there are people in her agency who will email the entire agency saying "someone left their keys in the lobby... or free pizza in the lunch room"