Sewing Question- Potentially Gay

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I have a blanket with a couple of tears that I want to stitch before putting it in the wash. Does anyone have any advice on this for someone who really doesn't know how to sew? Would the travel sewing kit be good enough or would I need to buy heavier duty thread/needles?

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Topic title has me rollin'. Haven't read the question for fear of catching the ghey.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Find a woman, have her make you a sandwich, then while you are eating said sandwich, she will sew the blanket.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Finally a thread gayer that rockpup's?

I taught myself how to sew because I've ripped clothes while backpacking. For some reason every time I share a tent with Kyle and his bros I wake up with holes ripped in the seat of my pants. You can probably get by with a travel kit if you make it tight and double it up.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I have a blanket with a couple of tears that I want to stitch before putting it in the wash. Does anyone have any advice on this for someone who really doesn't know how to sew? Would the travel sewing kit be good enough or would I need to buy heavier duty thread/needles?
*sigh* My mom made me learn the basics in high school.

What kind of blanket? Is it thick or thin?

A travel kit should work, but double back and forth a lot. Keep the stitches as tight together as possible and don't sew too close to the tear, give an extra tab. Otherwise you'll tear out the threads.

If it's quilted and the tear is on the outside, rip apart some holey underwear to get some fabric scraps and lay that under the tear, inside the quilt. Then, when you sew it, sew the extra fabric as well as the tear, it will strengthen the bond. You can also do that with the regular blankets if you A) don't care what they look like or b) Have a "down" side to the blanket that no one sees anyway.

Proceed to call me a faggot.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
When you say blanket, do you mean woobie?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I picture Liddy freaking out like Linus did when he lost his blanket.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Wrap yourself in the blanket and then set it on fire.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005

A travel kit should work, but double back and forth a lot. Keep the stitches as tight together as possible and don't sew too close to the tear, give an extra tab. Otherwise you'll tear out the threads.

If it's quilted and the tear is on the outside, rip apart some holey underwear to get some fabric scraps and lay that under the tear, inside the quilt. Then, when you sew it, sew the extra fabric as well as the tear, it will strengthen the bond. You can also do that with the regular blankets if you A) don't care what they look like or b) Have a "down" side to the blanket that no one sees anyway.

But not the brown part.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Invite some Marines over to give you a blanket party.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Take it to the gook laundry and tell them to fix it

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Take it to the gook laundry and tell them to fix it
That will cost a lot of money.

Thanks. Can you recommend any videos to show me proper technique? I think I know what to do, but I want to double check. Also closing a stitch is a bitch.

Also it's a down comforter, not a quilt.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
At the risk of sounding like a cum guzzler, this thread prompted me to purchase a sewing kit.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
At the risk of sounding like a cum guzzler, this thread prompted me to purchase a sewing kit.
i own a sewing machine, if your going to go cum guzzler you mine as well go full fairy cum guzzling faggot, oh and i know how to use it.