Sex offender wins $10M lottery (proof of no god)

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
he may be in a little legal trouble, but i don't think they can get the money.

---
Level 3 Sex Offender Wins Big In Lottery
Winnings Come With A Price, He Could Face Charges

POSTED: 10:46 am EST February 10, 2008
UPDATED: 1:10 pm EST February 10, 2008

UXBRIDGE, Mass. -- A convicted Level 3 sex offender has won $10 million in the Massachusetts State Lottery.

The Worcester Gazette & Telegram reports 56-year-old Daniel Snay, of Uxbridge, could now face charges because he failed to notify authorities that he had moved, according to Connecticut State Police.

“I’m flabbergasted,” Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance told the Telegram. “His whereabouts, until you told me about this, have been unknown to us. But I guess you could say he’s very fortunate.”

Snay works driving trucks for a yacht dealership in Mendon. He won the $10 million from a $20 scratch ticket purchased at Cumberland Farms in Hopedale.

But the lottery winnings also come with unwanted publicity.

“He was concerned, but there’s not much you can do about it,” said Snay’s lawyer Joseph M. Fabricotti. “We talked about it and he understood this was one of the repercussions that could happen.”

Snay’s record of sexual assaults dates back to 1974. He has been convicted six times of indecent assault and battery in Massachusetts. Level 3 offenders are considered the most dangerous and the most likely to commit another crime.

Copyright 2008 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
10 million dollars will get you a whole lot of plane tickets to Cambodia.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Well he'll probably end up doing a year or so if they decide to press charges on him for not reporting his address change. 10 million for a year in the clink? Not a bad deal I guess.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
Don't most lotteries give you 1 year to claim the prize? Why not just file the change of address, and once that goes into effect...Oh look what I found! A winning lottery ticket.

Dumbass.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Snay has worked at Certified Sales Inc., a yacht dealership in Mendon, for the last 40 years. He said he planned to invest his winnings, which will be made in 20 annual $500,000 payments, for his retirement and the education of his five children.
Doesn't he mean "therapy" for his children?

too bad the statute of limitations has run .... I'm sure his victims would like some of that 10 million
I thought CIVIL penalties were not exempt from those statutes. Haven't a bunch of victims from Catholic priests been able to collect many years after the fact?

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
What is this guy doing on the street?

Say what you will about O'Reilly. He is all over this shit. Mass is terrible on crime. NY is on this too

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
They talked about this guy on Open Road last night since he's a truck driver. Not one fucking word about him being a sex offender...just that he'll "keep driving". Fucking scumbag.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Well he'll probably end up doing a year or so if they decide to press charges on him for not reporting his address change. 10 million for a year in the clink? Not a bad deal I guess.
but you know what? if he dies in the clink in that year - that proves the existence of God.