OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by Bobobie, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

[video=youtube;9XCrHVqr2uE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XCrHVqr2uE[/video]

Dang, How many people are going to jump on the Kickstarter bandwagon?

Only invested $15 because I've no history with this Franchise, but it sounds like they are creating a game I'd like to play.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

2. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

Shadowrun. It is too popular for a kickstarter. The game being passed from FASA to Wiz Kids to Topps to Catalyst helps the reasoning for it to be made one. I guess investors would not invest in a property that is similar to yu gi oh but more adult.

How did Deus EX human revolution do?

3. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

It sounds like this game is going to be tactical turn-based RPG unlike the other PC games based on the Franchise. I doubt if this game will be a huge billion dollar franchise, nor will the other Kickstarter Projects. I googled Deus EX human revolution and it sold 800,000 units domestic and 1.2 Million world. That would be luke-warm sales for a major publisher in Todays market. Most of these games are too niche to be billion dollar franchises.

4. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

30,465 Backers
    $1,473,819 pledged of $400,000 goal
    3 days to go

368.45475 % funded.

I expect sales to be lukewarm as well since they are similar somewhat concepts. I will check the reviews of the game when in comes out. I hope it is fun with multiplayer, but I expect to be disappointed again.

5. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

I look at it as a cheap investment and if the game sucks then at least you didn't pay retail.