Sharpsburg Cop Resigns Over School-Bus Traffic Stop

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Sharpsburg Cop Resigns Over School-Bus Traffic Stop

Posted: Mar. 3, 2008
Sharpsburg, N.C. — A Sharpsburg police officer who resigned over the weekend in the midst of controversy involving a school-bus traffic stop had no probable cause to pull over the bus, his former chief said Monday.
Police Chief Barry S. Bissette said an internal investigation found Officer Travis Parker did not follow proper procedure when he stopped the bus on Feb. 22. It was transporting students from Southern Nash High School.
Bissette said Parker pulled the bus over after a student made faces and an obscene gesture at him. Parker's intention was to remove the student from the bus and lecture him about respect and manners, Bissette said.
As he put the first student in the front seat of his patrol car, Parker said others on the bus started yelling and using profanity. He said he decided to go back on the bus and remove two other students.
Parker charged one of those students, Dessie Lewis, 18, with disturbing the peace. Bissette said Monday that charge would be dropped.
"I feel, personally, that Officer Parker had good intentions in mind," Bissette said.

Lewis and her brother, Derrick Lewis, 15, whom Parker also took off the bus, claim Parker stopped the bus for no reason, got on the bus and started bullying students.

"When the bus driver asked him what's going on, he just pointed to his gun and didn't say nothing," Dessie Lewis said.

Her father, Joe Lewis, said he was furious about what happened, adding that Parker was wrong to do what he did.

"You don't stop a bus and open the back door up and snatch no kid out of there," he said.The bus driver also resigned, citing stress from the incident. Students on the bus were sent to talk with a school counselor about it.

LINK: http://wral.com/news/local/story/2517002/

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
In the old days, the cop would have just walked on the bus and given the obnoxious brats a much-needed smack in the head with the ol' billy club...

Things used to be much simpler.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
In the old days, the cop would have just walked on the bus and given the obnoxious brats a much-needed smack in the head with the ol' billy club...

Things used to be much simpler.
x2

i distinctly remember a local cop stopping our bus and grabbing a kid off that thew something at his patrol car, not only did his feet never touch the ground, he "tripped" getting out of the bus, and "bumped his head" getting into the patrol car

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Great life lessons for these obnoxious fucks. You can fuck with the cops, and if they do anything, they get fired. Great.

Apr 14, 2003
Eastern MD
Wow, shit has definitely changed in the last 5-10 years.

I remember when somebody acted up on the bus the driver would just stop in the middle of the road for 10 minutes and waited for complete silence from everyone, while yelling at and "taking care of" the bad kid.

Another driver won a turkey in a radio contest, so she took the bus into a grocery store parking lot to call the station. We were basically left alone in a running bus for 10 minutes until she got a 15 dollar turkey.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Great life lessons for these obnoxious fucks. You can fuck with the cops, and if they do anything, they get fired. Great.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I see this as a good thing. It's better than you whiny ass "the cops can do no wrong" fuckers. Since 9-11 cops in this country have been treated like intelligent, benevolent human beings when most of them are pieces of shit who took the job simply so they could bully those that used to make fun of them.

Story said:
Lewis and her brother, Derrick Lewis, 15, whom Parker also took off the bus, claim Parker stopped the bus for no reason, got on the bus and started bullying students.

"When the bus driver asked him what's going on, he just pointed to his gun and didn't say nothing," Dessie Lewis said.
This sounds like a more accurate description of the "intent" the officer had going in to the situation.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I see this as a good thing. It's better than you whiny ass "the cops can do no wrong" fuckers. Since 9-11 cops in this country have been treated like intelligent, benevolent human beings when most of them are pieces of shit who took the job simply so they could bully those that used to make fun of them.

This sounds like a more accurate description of the "intent" the officer had going in to the situation.
Oh just fucking die. We get it, you hate rules and people in authority. You don't deserve to lick the boots of the average cop.

I hope you get tasered one day because you were "sticking up for my rights, maaaaaaaaaan."

Learn to do what you're fucking told.

DirtyRiderGirl

Less artsy, more fartsy
Jun 9, 2006
Pennsylvania
Students on the bus were sent to talk with a school counselor about it.
A counselor? Jesus Christ does every kid need to see a counselor every time something happens to upset their perfect little world? No wonder most of them act like heathens.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004

"You don't stop a bus and open the back door up and snatch no kid out of there," he said.

Double-negatives. Not the smartest fucking kid... not the smartest fucking parent either.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
Did many of these kids carry a nice tan?

It is North Carolina remember. They were probably wearing a sideways tilted cap.

Oh, and shouldn't an eighteen year old kid be driving his/her own damn car?

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
Did many of these kids carry a nice tan?

It is North Carolina remember. They were probably wearing a sideways tilted cap.

Oh, and shouldn't an eighteen year old kid be driving his/her own damn car?
:arrrh:

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
A counselor? Jesus Christ does every kid need to see a counselor every time something happens to upset their perfect little world? No wonder most of them act like heathens.
Yes it seems like they do. Some parents aren't raising superkids, they raising super spoiled brat whiners.

Remember what Ant says, we must keep the CHILDREN safe from harm and that evil profanity.

I recall when I took the bus to school, there were four kids in the back smoking pot. The driver pulled to the side, telling them to either discard the pot or get a ride to the nearest police station. Can you imagine what would happen with the same scenario now?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Oh just fucking die. We get it, you hate rules and people in authority. You don't deserve to lick the boots of the average cop.

I hope you get tasered one day because you were "sticking up for my rights, maaaaaaaaaan."

Learn to do what you're fucking told.
No, I hate uneducated, egotistical, low self esteem having mother fuckers who have the ability to destroy my life based on lies to fill quotas, then having to hear how wonderful and benevolent they are.

Fuck cops. They're pieces of shit. Any good person would have run into the Trade Centers on 9-11, there were stories of hundreds of civilians working side by side the NYPD, and that was 6 years ago... They've gotten to the point where they've used up their "hero equity" with me, it's time for them to be held accoutable again.