Sharpton Protests Verdict in Long Island Driveway Shooting

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005

LONG ISLAND (1010 WINS) -- The Rev. Al Sharpton led a rally on Long Island Saturday to protest the conviction of a black man in the fatal shooting of a white teenager, saying the prosecution of the case was unjust.

The civil rights activist was joined by John White, who was found guilty of manslaughter last month but is free on bail pending sentencing.

The teenager, Daniel Cicciaro Jr., had shown up at White's home on Aug. 9, 2006, with a group of angry friends.

White has said he was trying to protect his home and family when he grabbed a gun and went to face the teens outside the house in predominantly white Miller Place.

The conflict began with a bogus MySpace posting claiming White's 19-year-old son, Aaron, wanted to **** a female friend of one of the white teens.

After Aaron White was asked to leave a party because of the online hoax, Cicciaro and his friends exchanged racially loaded threats with him via cell phone. They continued to trade epithets and profanities after the white teens arrived at the Whites' home shortly after 11 p.m.

John White claimed the gun fired accidentally when Cicciaro lunged for it, killing the 17-year-old. Prosecutors argued that White was rash to confront the teens, rather than locking the door and calling police.

The teens, who were unarmed, were not prosecuted.

On Saturday, several hundred people gathered outside the courthouse where the case was tried.

Sharpton has described Cicciaro and his friends as a ``mob'' that had threatened White.

White faces a potential prison term of five to 15 years. He has said he will appeal.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
LONG ISLAND (1010 WINS) -- The Rev. Al Sharpton led a rally on Long Island Saturday to protest
White faces.
I took a lot of useless words out of the middle of the article. I think this pretty much sums it up now.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
That's a very confusing article.. If I understand correctly, the capital White people aren't, and the lower case white people are.

It's really not a good idea to shoot kids that are just fucking around being asshole kids, but not breaking into your house.

Sharpie probably needed something to keep himself in the news, it's been a while and he needed to pick anything.

Mar 17, 2006
The good ol' Rev actually has a good case in this one. Guy tries to protect his son, family, house from an angry boozed up mob hell bent on killing his son, and he gets convicted? By a jury that was under pressure to get a verdict in before Christmas? Bullshit.

Unfortunately, b/c Al is who he is, this will get overlooked as another case of Al bitching for no good reason.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The good ol' Rev actually has a good case in this one. Guy tries to protect his son, family, house from an angry boozed up mob hell bent on killing his son, and he gets convicted? By a jury that was under pressure to get a verdict in before Christmas? Bullshit.

Unfortunately, b/c Al is who he is, this will get overlooked as another case of Al bitching for no good reason.
QFT. See if the Al wouldn't let his ego get in the way, he would step to the side and let another black leader, maybe such as Roy Innis handle this one.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i have to agree with uncle al in this case, now it was wrong for the guy to go out side and shoot the kid, he should have waited for the police, but there should have been at least trespassing charges filed against the kids if not also terroristic threats. i think if the rolls had been reversed they would have came to the same conclusions, even though you could bet on one of the kids being armed if they were as gansta black as they were pretending. even if it was a pen knife, the report would have changed. racism is alive and well

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
The good ol' Rev actually has a good case in this one.

Al should be overlooked on this one, because if the colors were reversed, Al would have been marching through Long Island the very next day calling it a racist shooting.

I agree with you and storm, maybe someone honest could stand up for this man other than Sharpton

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Roy Inns is a better man then Rev Al to handle this injustice. Suffolk jury's are filled with IDIOTS.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Al should be overlooked on this one, because if the colors were reversed, Al would have been marching through Long Island the very next day calling it a racist shooting.
No doubt. The kids were wrong but Al should just STFU once in a while.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
but even if other activists like Innis were to get involved, the shitty media would still go to Al first and maybe only Al because its better for business.

id love to know in how many instances of a racial issue does the media go to Al before he goes before them.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The guy made a poor choice to confront the kids. I could see negligent homicide as he went out with the gun. Mitigating circumstances would be the kid lunging which at that point makes it justifiable.

But we all know and you can guaran-damn-tee it that Al would lead an angry mob into burning down White's hosue had he been the white guy in this situation and the teens been black. It's the exact thing he did with Freddy's discount mart and it's something he's not apologized for.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
White has said he was trying to protect his home and family when he grabbed a gun and went to face the teens outside the house in predominantly white Miller Place.
I'm glad the media is letting us know it's blacks living in a white neighborhood. I wish whites got that kind of spin.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be

The rest of the jurors claim there was no pressure and that they gave the two who claim they felt pressured "ample" time to change their minds. I think it's bullshit - who in their right mind is not going to feel some sort of pressure to come to a verdict when it's already Saturday afternoon and the judge tells you that if you can't make a decision you'll not only be back on Sunday but on every day until you do reach a verdict? Those days would include Christmas Eve and Day and if it goes further then you've got New Year's Eve and Day. Hell, even I'd cave on that one

The biggest mistake White made was not calling the police. I actually feel badly for the guy.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i cant feel bad for his poor decision, i would have called the police first and not left my home, unless they set fire to it, then i would make waco look like a day in the park, there would be body's every ware

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
when will someones gun "accidently" go off and kill that cocksucker Sharpton?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Miller Place is pretty much White Trash, not as bad as Mastic/Shirley area, but pretty fucking close, IMO.

SCPD is loaded with white cops, some who have worked in NYPD, so they carry that baggage with them. Also, the judges "charge" the jury with the "law" and the half-wits on the jury gobble it all up like little lemmings, instead of seeing through the cheap facade and judging the law as well as the situation in the case.

It truly is pathetic.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Miller Place is pretty much White Trash, not as bad as Mastic/Shirley area, but pretty fucking close, IMO.

SCPD is loaded with white cops, some who have worked in NYPD, so they carry that baggage with them. Also, the judges "charge" the jury with the "law" and the half-wits on the jury gobble it all up like little lemmings, instead of seeing through the cheap facade and judging the law as well as the situation in the case.

It truly is pathetic.
I live on the isle, and for an expensive place to live there are a lot of shitty areas. I pay like 11K a year in RE taxes, and my area is pretty much working class with is share of white trash and "ricans".

Valk

Spreading the Virus on NJ GSP 91 to 148
Aug 20, 2006
Point Pleasant, NJ
The important thing here is, did anyone get a screenie of the genius with a sign that said "Remember New Jersy"?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I dunno, I think the guy should go to jail from the story Al will protest anything as long as there is a white face "wronging" a black face...fucking retarded

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Master Po's "incident" (fighting a half dozen dick heads) wasn't too far from Miller Place, if I remember the story correctly.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Feb 26, 2006
Long Island, NY
I was all for this guy getting off until I looked up the law.

The fact is that by him grabbing a gun, and confronting the "Mob" outside of his house rather than calling 911 is reckless. This is why he was convicted and it was the right decision. Don't get me wrong, I would protect my son until the death but when you leave your house armed, you go from being the victim to the offender.

As far as charges for the kids, they can be charged with Criminal Trespass and Menacing. Both of which are no big deal but it's the point that they should be charged with something.

mabel

Sep 6, 2002
I just wish that sharpton would be consistant for once. He wanted Bernie Goetz to go to jail for shooting a group of youths that were threatening him, but now he doesn't want this guy to go to jail. At least this guy could have called the police and locked his door before he grabbed his illegal gun. I guess sharptons new gimmick is that he blames the white victim when an african american commits some kind of crime against a white. It worked in Jena and now it will work in this case.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
It would go better for the convicted if a white guy was speaking out on his behalf. No one takes Sharpton seriously except for businesses.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Im with all on this one. Im sure this guy may get out of it somewhere on the appeal process. Al just gives it a questionable twist to it. Im just asking myself, "If Al is involved, where is the hidden truth? What are they leaving out?"