Movie SHAZAM! 4/5/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Who saw this coming? Shazam will be the next DCEU film after Aquaman, and now there's some question as to whether it will still feature Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam! What the holy fuck is going on?!?! Luckily we have our man @Bill Lehecka on the scene at Comic Con to get the scoo -

Shit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

JULY 20, 2017 9:14am PT by Borys Kit

'Shazam!' Is Next DC Movie to Shoot (Exclusive)

Shazam!,
the story about a boy who transforms into Earth's mightiest mortal, looks to be the next DC Cinematic Universe movie, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

David F. Sandberg, the filmmaker behind upcoming Annabelle: Creation, is directing the feature that hails from Warner Bros.' sister division, New Line. The project is looking to go before cameras in January or February 2018 with a likely release in 2019, according to sources.

Peter Safran, who worked with Sandberg on the Annabelle sequel and is also producing Aquaman, is in negotiations to board Shazam! as producer.

It is unclear whether Dwayne Johnson, who has long been attached to play Shazam! villain Black Adam, will be involved with Shazam! But he is attached as star and producer of the Black Adam spinoff being developed concurrently to Shazam!

Warners is feeing revived in its DCU with the stunning success of Wonder Woman and earlier this week slotted two DC movies in the release calendar for 2020. It has several films teeing up on the runway, but at this stage, Shazam! will take off first. Flash was delayed from lack of a director, while a sequel to Wonder Woman is only in the early treatment writing stage. Joss Whedon is overseeing postproduction and reshoots on Justice Leagueand won't be ready to tackle a Batgirl film until after that movie is out the door. A sequel to Suicide Squad, which is closing in on a director, is eyeing a mid-2018 start.

New Line is high on Sandberg, whom it proudly sees as a homegrown talent. The Swede was making horror shorts in his apartment using his iPhone when one of them caught the eye of the studio, which then adapted it into the 2016 surprise hit Lights Out, which he directed. That led to the company putting him on the Annabellesequel, which screened to a standing-room-only crowd in San Diego as part of the fan-tastic festivities at Comic-Con. New Line has also been holding sold-out preview screenings around the country.

To go from iPhone filmmaker to a full-blown DC movie director in a scant three or four years is itself a Shazam!-like transformation.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
People are already lined up for Hall H on Saturday. They started at 1am this morning.

I'm thinking SDCC has passed me by.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
In case you missed it, the article also notes the next DC film will be Suicide Squad 2. So who the hell knows when the Batman movie is coming.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
In case you missed it, the article also notes the next DC film will be Suicide Squad 2. So who the hell knows when the Batman movie is coming.
Well, they're rewriting the thing from scratch. At this point, that whole movie is in the classification "Pre-Production Hell."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Who saw this coming? Shazam will be the next DCEU film after Aquaman, and now there's some question as to whether it will still feature Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam! What the holy fuck is going on?!?! Luckily we have our man @Bill Lehecka on the scene at Comic Con to get the scoo -

Shit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

JULY 20, 2017 9:14am PT by Borys Kit
I have to imagine Johnson is involved. Look at his upcoming movies. San Andreas 2 is the best one. But they should start with Black Adam. Why not? It's not as though Shazam is that much of a bigger seller.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Unfortunately Mel Gibson is no longer attached, I honestly wanted to see his attempt.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Unfortunately Mel Gibson is no longer attached, I honestly wanted to see his attempt.
He did a thing I liked one time so I'm sure it would have been the best thing ever.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
He did a thing I liked one time so I'm sure it would have been the best thing ever.
So we're doing the RPO photo, get a morsel of information, must immediately declare 1/10 or 10/10 game?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
So we're doing the RPO photo, get a morsel of information, must immediately declare 1/10 or 10/10 game?
I'll grant you there's a world where RPO could turn out good. It's based on a good book and it's being made by a good director. There's no world where a Doctor Doom movie could be good. No matter what studio releases it, and no matter what person writes it, and no matter what person directs it. Even if Kevin Feige produced it, James Gunn wrote it, Christopher Nolan directed it, and Robert Downey Jr starred as Tony Stark giving Doctor Doom his first set of armor, it still couldn't be good.

You brought up Logan and Deadpool in the other thread. Fox essentially made both of those movies against their will, because the fans were demanding them. Nobody - and I mean nobody - is demanding a Franklin Richards or a Doctor Doom movie. Especially from Fox, and especially without an established Fantastic Four universe to put them in.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'll say this for DC - they aren't fucking around with their comic accurate costumes.

Dec 12, 2007
I respect this tweet.

He could easily be labeled a racist who is mocking black culture or black stereotypes or whatever, but he went for it. God speed ...Zachery Levi? Not sure who that is, sounds Jewy.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I respect this tweet.

He could easily be labeled a racist who is mocking black culture or black stereotypes or whatever, but he went for it. God speed ...Zachery Levi? Not sure who that is, sounds Jewy.
He's Chuck. From the NBC show. Chuck.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I didn't know Jingle All the Way was getting a squeal staring the Jim from the Office.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
That looks ridiculous. I don't know if in a good way or bad. I don't know if intentional or not.

The colors are great. The design is great. The padding...

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
That looks ridiculous. I don't know if in a good way or bad. I don't know if intentional or not.

I don't know much about Shazam, but some folks are saying it's intentionally ridiculous. Apparently Billy Batson has some control over his appearance when he becomes Captain Marvel, and this cartoony look is supposed to represent the way a kid views Superman. It makes sense, but that's going to be tough to pull off, even in a comedy.

I mean, it doesn't look all that different than this:

Dec 12, 2007

I'm with Liddy, it looks stupid unless you pad the crotch as well.