OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Sheehan Formally Announces congressional run

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Aug 9, 2007.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Metro News Source:
    Interesting. In California, do you think she has a chance. I'd love to see the end of Pelosi as speaker bust the cost may be too high.

2. BravoSierra

BravoSierra Why do people keep calling me?

Wow.....................................................................................................................who saw this coming?

3. abudabit

abudabit New Wackbag

I think it'd be funny.

4. jackjack

jackjack Registered User

I hope she gets it.. Our political system is fucked up, but it needs to hit rock bottom before the preservation of the country becomes important again.
    The faster it hits bottom, the better.

5. BravoSierra

I'm gonna say, Michael Moore is next. Quote me on that fellas.

6. mendozathejew

mendozathejew Registered User

shed have a chance if she wasnt running against the speaker of the house. nancy pelosi knows what shes doing.

7. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

quite frankly i say good for her, its about time people stood up to the establishment again, i may not totally agree with some of her stances and some of the things that she has done but i respect the fact that she did it and for the most part she can still do it freely in this country.

8. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

That's cool because I plan to run for Senate after I get into my 30s :action-sm

I'll make it a point to try to get back to using the fucking Constitution. And I want to reform our gun laws.

People are pussies about it once they get into office but I wouldn't mind committing political suicide for the cause. I want to make automatic weapons illegal to be used by police and government agencies if they intend to ban them from U.S. Citizens. We will either be on equal footing by allowing responsible people to own whatever in the fuck they want to buy, OR no one will fucking have them. They have made their bed, they can lie in it.

There is no reason to allow cops in L.A. to use .50BMG sniper rifles against criminals in their state and also ban the ownership of those weapons for citizens. Those weapons are devastating and if you EVER shoot a human with one they will explode, literally. It looks like overexaggerated movie shit but it's what happens in real life with rifles like that.

Our right to bear arms should not be restricted to certain firearm classes. That's just ridiculous. And I think former military should be able to bring home war trophies and own tactical weapons after they get out of the service. Why train them to go kill people and then act like they can't be trusted when they retire? That's also stupid. If they want to pick up an AK-47 off of a towelhead that they roasted then they should be able to bring it home if they want.

9. BravoSierra

Gun control should be specific to where you live.

Montana: Own a fully automatic. Have fun!
    Oakland: Um.... you don't need a fully automatic.

Arkansas: Own a sniper rifle and nobody gives a fuck.
    Detroit: You really should be disallowed ANY sniper rifle in an urban area.

Wyoming: People own 5+ guns and don't kill anybody.
    Chicago: Not so much.

10. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

-- first of all I don't agree that a state should tell you where you can or can't own weapons. It should be entirely hands off. States shouldn't be allowed to make up their own unconstitutional laws to ban weapons and weapon types. They aren't banning people based on their race from living in certain areas or not allowing blacks/women to vote in their area. It's the same exact thing. It's a constitutional right and as far as I'm concerned, it's written in stone.

If I moved to Oakland or Chicago I should be able to take all of the weaponry I have with me without any problems. It's just that they are too stupid to run their cities properly and they don't get rid of their gangs and punish offenders other than a few years in prison. I think all businesses should have guns and should KILL anyone who tries to commit armed robbery on the spot. It would clean up a lot of the trash on the streets.

Well most states you can own automatics if you have a class III license. But the thing is that new weapons aren't allowed to be imported and sold outside of law enforcement.

You have to buy old shitty guns from before 1986 so by now they will have had tens of thousands of rounds through them and been abused by previous owners.

I don't think law enforcement should be allowed to buy new automatics and they should have to saw their current weapons in half and melt them down. IF the citizens can't import new guns then law enforcement shouldnt be allowed to have them either.

Here in Arkansas you can own anything as long as you are licensed for class III weapons like suppressors and automatics. They don't care about guns here really. It's just the federal bans that are in effect here, like length restrictions, no 2nd grip on a pistol, no suppressors unless you pay your $200 transfer tax, no automatics unless you get a transfer or have a class III license and it has to be made before 1986.

There is however one way to get new automatics imported into this country, but it costs tons of money. You will have to pay $500 a year for your gun dealing license and tax exemption if you have your own business. Then you can order ONE sample weapon that is an automatic incase you want to become a supplier for law enforcement. The thing is that you can never sell that weapon, you have to notify the ATF if you're going to transport the weapon over state borders, you can only sell the weapon to a law enforcement agency or another individual with your type of licensing. It's a $500 yearly fee that has to be paid or your license becomes void. And if your license becomes void then you have to forfeit ALL of the new automatic sample weapons that you have acquired over your life, again selling only to law enforcement or another license holder.

11. Deadbent

Deadbent You can go fuck.

CONGRATULATIONS OPIE!!!

[​IMG]

12. Plunkies

Plunkies Registered User

The vast majority of politicians are insane and stupid, she should fit right in.

13. The Sarge

The Sarge Guess who.

That's Senator Opie to you and I.

14. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

If she wants to draw away Democratic voters...

15. abudabit

abudabit New Wackbag

It's the San Francisco district, you really think over 33% of the votes will go to a Republican?

16. Vyce

Vyce Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.

Except that she's completely batshit insane.

I mean, it's one thing to have the opinion, as you seem to do, that we need to "fix" the system by getting rid of our incumbents. There's some value to that position, because a lot of our current crop of politicians deserve to be tossed out on their asses, and I'd rate Pelosi near the top of that list.

But the goal should be to replace those individuals with people who are.....well, better for the country than the people they're replacing. Which in many cases, wouldn't be so hard to do.

Yet this is one of those rare occasions when the alternative to Pelosi is somehow far more worse than Pelosi herself, which is astounding. And immensely depressing. Once again, liberals force me to support a prominent Democrat, if for no other reason than that policitian's Democrat rivals are so appalling awful that I'm forced to support the politician out of utter revulsion and horror.

BTW, none of you seem to have caught the fact that she said she's dedicating her campaign to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan "who have been harmed" by the Bush Administration.

17. wes mantooth

wes mantooth wierdo

She and John Edwards should have an exploit my dead son contest.

18. krisko

krisko Mrs. Fuckin Funny

alright here's why this doesn't matter. she will just be another face in the crowd if she gets elected. 1 of 435 really doesn't make much of a difference. and even when the house gets of of hand the senate is there to corrrrrrect them. she is a fucking maniac who should be ashamed of herself, but then again most people in cali are maniacs as well, so i'm sure she'll get elected.

19. abudabit

abudabit New Wackbag

Nancy Pelosi is one of the most powerful Democrats, Sheehan beating her in a Democrat stronghold would be huge.

20. MrAbovePar

MrAbovePar En Taro Anthony

Why did anyone bother commenting after this post?

That one said it perfectly.

21. Kris_LTRMa

Kris_LTRMa LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Is Hugo Chavez going to be her campaign manager?