Sheehan to run against Pelosi

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
CRAWFORD, Texas - Cindy Sheehan, the slain soldier's mother whose attacks on President Bush made her a darling of the anti-war movement, has a new target: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sheehan, who announced in late May that she was departing the peace movement, said she decided to run against Pelosi unless the congresswoman moves to oust Bush in the next two weeks.

"I think all politicians should be held accountable," Sheehan told The Associated Press on Sunday. "Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership. We hired them to bring an end to the war."

Sheehan said she will run as an independent against the San Francisco Democrat in 2008 if Pelosi does not file articles of impeachment against Bush by July 23. That's when Sheehan and her supporters are to arrive in Washington, D.C., after a 13-day caravan and walking tour starting from the group's war protest site near Bush's Crawford ranch.

Although Sheehan has never held public office, she said she already has the name recognition and would not have to run against Pelosi in a primary.

"I would give her a run for her money," Sheehan said.

Pelosi spokesman Brendan Daly said the congresswoman has said repeatedly her focus is on ending the war in Iraq.

"She believes that the best way to support our troops in Iraq is to bring them home safely and soon," Daly said in an e-mail to the AP. "July will be a month of action in Congress to end the war, including a vote to redeploy our troops by next spring."

Sheehan, who turns 50 on Tuesday, said Bush should be impeached because she believes he misled the public about the reasons for going to war, violated the Geneva Convention by torturing detainees and crossed the line by commuting the prison sentence of former vice presidential aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. She said other grounds for impeachment are the domestic spying program and the "inadequate and tragic" response to Hurricane Katrina.

The White House declined to comment Sunday.

Sheehan said she hopes Pelosi files the articles of impeachment. But if not, Sheehan said she is ready to run for office.

Sheehan plans her official candidacy announcement Tuesday. She was in Crawford over the weekend to ceremoniously give the keys of the 5-acre protest site near Bush's ranch to its new owner, California radio talk show host Bree Walker.

"I'm doing it to encourage other people to run against Congress members who aren't doing their jobs, who are beholden to special interests," Sheehan said.

Sheehan first came to Crawford in August 2005 during Bush's vacation, demanding to talk to him about the war that claimed her son Casey's life in 2004.

She became the face of the anti-war movement during her 26-day roadside vigil that drew thousands of demonstrators. But it also drew counter protests of Bush supporters, many who said she was hurting troop morale.

Sheehan recently said she was leaving the Democratic Party because it "caved" into the president. Last week, she announced her caravan to Washington, which she calls the "people's accountability movement."

Sheehan said she lives in a Sacramento suburb but declined to disclose which city, citing safety reasons. The area is outside Pelosi's district, but there are no residency requirements for congressional members, according to the California secretary of state's office.
Haha, I hope Opie's crazy mom wins.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Didn't she give up a couple months ago? What a whore. No way she'll win.

Frank Alexander

Jul 6, 2006
It is San Fran we're talking about; she might actually have a chance there

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I think it's cool. I voted Democrat in the last election and have watched them do absolutley nothing for a year. I am glad she is holding that bitch accountable.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
She is a CUNT both of them
Yeh! Fucking stupid cunt whore whos son died in Iraq! How dare she have an opinion! Twat!

Id rather see a citizen take a term in office then a career politician die of old age in one.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Yeh! Fucking stupid cunt whore whos son died in Iraq! How dare she have an opinion! Twat!
Oh, more of this ABSOLUTE MORAL AUTHORITY horseshit.

Her son died. Many people have lost sons and daughters in the war, and actually still support it.

She's a huge attention whore, who has literally whined and cried at times when people weren't paying enough attention to her. This is more of the same. She realized that she wasn't really in the spotlight anymore, so it was time to get her name back in the papers.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
I'm proud of her son for volunteering, serving and ultimately sacrificing himself in that clusterfuck of a war. I couldn't imagine what it's like to lose a child.

However, I think Sheehan earns Twat status for her attention whoring activities after her son's death. This crazy bitch blamed Israel for her son's death (because this war was a neo-conservative conspiracy to help them out??!!!?).

She goes and meets with Hugo Chavez (who when he took the helm in Venezuela in '99 openly expressed support for Saddam Hussein and the Taliban) and who now has an open cheeky relationship/alliance with that Iranian fucker! But who's the "world's biggest terrorist" according to her? You guessed it, George Dubya!!!

I'd hate to vote in that election, but I think if there was a gun to my head, I'd go for Pelosi :puke:
Cindy is nuttier than squirrel shit!

fuckwit

Jul 27, 2006
jersey

Her son died. Many people have lost sons and daughters in the war, and actually still support it.

She's a huge attention whore, who has literally whined and cried at times when people weren't paying enough attention to her. This is more of the same. She realized that she wasn't really in the spotlight anymore, so it was time to get her name back in the papers.
Yeh her son dieing gives her opinion no credibility in the real world. Shes just another political shill. Total horseshit.
What makes you not a cunt?

Some how I dont think her son died and she thought oh boy this is a chance to get away from it all and become a media sensation. She went fucking loopy. That sorta thing happens when you lose a child.

I'm proud of her son for volunteering, serving and ultimately sacrificing himself in that clusterfuck of a war. I couldn't imagine what it's like to lose a child.

However, I think Sheehan earns Twat status for her attention whoring activities after her son's death. This crazy bitch blamed Israel for her son's death (because this war was a neo-conservative conspiracy to help them out??!!!?).

She goes and meets with Hugo Chavez (who when he took the helm in Venezuela in '99 openly expressed support for Saddam Hussein and the Taliban) and who now has an open cheeky relationship/alliance with that Iranian fucker! But who's the "world's biggest terrorist" according to her? You guessed it, George Dubya!!!

I'd hate to vote in that election, but I think if there was a gun to my head, I'd go for Pelosi :puke:
Cindy is nuttier than squirrel shit!
I havent followed her career of protesting. Shes probably nuts I will concede.

Shes just a woman. I dont know how anyone doesnt see her as a normal person. Her son died. She went nuts. Like your expected too. She got into this and has genuine anger. Thats part of grieving. And she really has a big reason to be involved in the discussions about this war, as all these families do no matter their opinion.
Someone who loses a child like that really needs something to occupy themselves. Im glad shes got something and didnt just sit at home alone for a few years before slitting her wrists in a fit of depression.

Im against the war. So maybe thats why I see her with more sympathy. I really cant look at this woman and not take her seriously.

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Yeh her son dieing gives her opinion no credibility in the real world. Shes just another political shill. Total horseshit.
What makes you not a cunt?

Some how I dont think her son died and she thought oh boy this is a chance to get away from it all and become a media sensation. She went fucking loopy. That sorta thing happens when you lose a child.
If you really believe all that shit, you are, what Ron Bennington would call, a rube. A hayseed, a mark. A fucking EASY mark.

Sheehan was always a hard-left idealogue. Her son's death just gave her a twisted legitimacy to espouse those fews. She did not "go crazy" upon the death of her son, she always felt the way that she did, she just capitalized on her personal tragedy to further her own agenda.

Hence, why people think she's a fucking cunt.

There are plenty of people who have lost family members in this war. Some of them have lost people and then protested the war. Some have lost family, sons and daughters, are are still strong SUPPORTERS of the war. The fact that you lost a child in the war, or really the fact that you may have suffered a loss in ANYTHING - the war, to a violent crime here in the states, to a drunk driver, to cancer, etc. - gives you perspective that others who haven't experienced that loss don't share. What it does NOT give you, is Absolute Moral Authority, as Maureen Dowd might say.

With regards to Sheehan, I think Christopher Hitchens said it best: "I distrust anyone who claims to speak for the fallen, and I distrust even more the hysterical noncombatants who exploit the grief of those who have to bury them."

This is really not a woman you can defend too strongly. You really can't justify her saying that the Iraq War was because of a Jewish cabal / Israel. You really can't excuse her hanging around with Hugo Chavez, in a visit that, at the least, was used as a major anti-U.S. propaganda piece by his regime. She's done all of these things and more, NOT because she 'went crazy', but because she was always a hardcore leftist, she's always held these views, she just lacked the validation to spout them off and have them be accepted by a wide group of people.

Until the death of her son.

fuckwit

Jul 27, 2006
jersey
Because I wont shit on some dead kids mom Im a dunce, a dope, a chump, a buffoon? Drop the thesaurus.
Yes plenty of familes. . Maureen Dowd, other libral things your hate, moral authority makes you right and her wrong. I got all this.

This is a woman I cant defend to strongly? Why because you support the war and dont want someone who you disagree with defended? Thanks for deciding for me.
I was pointing out how ridiculous it is to disrespect some dead soldiers mother. He fought and died in a war with our flag on his arm and now half the political field in this country cant seem to get enough of calling his mother a cunt just for being his mother. The least you could do is not senselessly dehumanize her while hes not around to defend her anymore. Shes not Al Sharpton. Shes one of us and shes suffered. Give her a little dignity when you stomp her opinion.
Say you died at war, and left your mother alone in the world and she went out and got involved in politics. Trying to stop other soldiers mothers from going through the pain she went through when she lost her son(for whatever reason). Would you want the people of your country that ideologically disagreed taking every opportunity they got to belittle her?

So youve got different views then her? Good for you. Stop calling the dead kids mother a cunt.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY

Totally agree. I feel sorry and everything that her son died, but its like you said she isn't the only parent to lose a child in this war. She really needs to go away. She basically was a media created senasation because she is blond haired, blue eyed white woman and the Democrats used her to get elected.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
Didn't she give up a couple months ago?
Second sentence in the article says she quit the peace movement in May.
I feel bad for the people of that district, Pelosi vs Sheehan is going to get way too much attention.

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Because I wont shit on some dead kids mom Im a dunce, a dope, a chump, a buffoon? Drop the thesaurus.
Yes plenty of familes. . Maureen Dowd, other libral things your hate, moral authority makes you right and her wrong. I got all this.

This is a woman I cant defend to strongly? Why because you support the war and dont want someone who you disagree with defended? Thanks for deciding for me.
You're either an idiot, or being willfully obtuse.

So let me rephrase it for you. It's not just about being pro-war or anti-war. It's about attempting to COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN any and all opposition and criticism to your viewpoint.

You know, the sort of thing that liberals always claimed that Bush and / or Republicans like to do?

The "absolute moral authority" meme started by Dowd was a particularly vile and insidious attempt to shut down any pro-war support, because OH MAH GAWD how can you DARE disagree with this woman, who lost her son?!?!?!

(this, of course, ignored those folks who lost loved ones in the war and still supported it - I guess we're to believe "absolute moral authority" skipped them).

You can oppose me on anything you want. Any issue. Doesn't have to be a left - right issue, you can argue with me about what's the best toppings to put on a fucking hot dog. It doesn't matter. Try and shut me down before I can even have the chance to disagree, and then there's a problem. What I will resent, is people like Sheehan trying to strike down any opposition before it's even heard under this false aura of moral superiority.

I was pointing out how ridiculous it is to disrespect some dead soldiers mother. He fought and died in a war with our flag on his arm and now half the political field in this country cant seem to get enough of calling his mother a cunt just for being his mother. The least you could do is not senselessly dehumanize her while hes not around to defend her anymore. Shes not Al Sharpton. Shes one of us and shes suffered. Give her a little dignity when you stomp her opinion.
What has she done to deserve my respect? All she's done is exploit her child's death for her own political ends.

And that's what you're not understanding. SHE, individually, is getting a lot of shit from people, and rightfully so. It's NOT merely because she's anti-war - hell, plenty of people feel that way these days. It's because many people, accurately I believe, conceive her to be nothing more than a particularly craven opportunist, who always had these far-left, "nutroots" ideas, and then capitalized on her son's tragic death to give legitimacy to herself and those views.

If you want to feel bad for her, feel bad that, to an extent, she was exploited herself by some of the hard-left elements in liberal politics, who have always had and pushed an anti-war agenda, and she was merely too naive, foolish, and wrapped up in her own cult of personality to realize it.

Say you died at war, and left your mother alone in the world and she went out and got involved in politics. Trying to stop other soldiers mothers from going through the pain she went through when she lost her son(for whatever reason). Would you want the people of your country that ideologically disagreed taking every opportunity they got to belittle her?

So youve got different views then her? Good for you. Stop calling the dead kids mother a cunt.
She's no one worth justifying, IMO. Even supposing that you support her anti-war position, you can't defend - and this is what I meant - some of the more egregious things she's done in her time in the spotlight. Such as blame Israel for the Iraq War and her son's death. Such as siding with Hugo Chavez, who at BEST can be safely labelled as "anti-American". For showing little respect for the military her son was a part of and died with, at times insinuating that old-school Vietnam-era rhetoric that our soldiers regularly engaged in atrocities against civilians. For holding more sympathy for the terrorist scum who killed her son than her fellow Americans.

I'm tired of "Dissent is patriotic, MAAAAAAANNN!" horseshit. Some times the people doing it, really are just fucking anti-American CUNTS.

And that's what she is.

fuckwit

Jul 27, 2006
jersey
It's about attempting to COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN any and all opposition and criticism to your viewpoint.
I just have sympathy for the woman douchbag.

..God you are fucking fighting the wrong enemies psycho. Wake the fuck up.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
You know what, plagiarism's great until you get caught.

Although I suppose an arugment sounds less convincing if you have to precede every post with, "yeah, well this person says this."

So who's the plagiarist?

I'm tired of "Dissent is patriotic, MAAAAAAANNN!" horseshit. Some times the people doing it, really are just fucking anti-American CUNTS.
And sometimes the so called pro American loudmouth sanctimonious condescending fascists are as well.

The day I ever read or unearth any literature from the Founding Fathers where they attempted to overtalk, spew hatred, condescend, act overly aggressive, and if one allowed act violently to the opposing viewpoint I'll gladly proclaim this attitude patriotic.

Other that that. Remember one thing. being louder, more pompous, arrogant, condescending, and shouting doesn't make you right.

You are the type that wishes to pound the patriotism into someone. You "love" this country so much everything you put forth is contrary to everything it stands for. And the day we need as a nation to resort to this attitude is the day the flag needs to ceremoniously be rolled up and retired. For good.

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
And sometimes the so called pro American loudmouth sanctimonious condescending fascists are as well.

The day I ever read or unearth any literature from the Founding Fathers where they attempted to overtalk, spew hatred, condescend, act overly aggressive, and if one allowed act violently to the opposing viewpoint I'll gladly proclaim this attitude patriotic.

Other that that. Remember one thing. being louder, more pompous, arrogant, condescending, and shouting doesn't make you right.

You are the type that wishes to pound the patriotism into someone. You "love" this country so much everything you put forth is contrary to everything it stands for. And the day we need as a nation to resort to this attitude is the day the flag needs to ceremoniously be rolled up and retired. For good.
Spare me your bullshit platitudes.

I won't even get into the whole issue of how somewhere along the way, people, such as you it seems, came to believe that the ONLY way to be patriotic is to completely shit on the government every day of your life. That's an entirely other assinine concept to argue for another day.

I was specifically talking about Sheehan and those of her ilk. If you oppose the war, that's fine. If you oppose the current administration, knock yourself out.

Once you start labeling our soldiers as murderers.....once you start hanging around with very real anti-U.S. enemies, such as Hugo Chavez.....once you start publishing fantasies about murdering George W. Bush, you lose, IMO, the right to claim the patriotism gimmick. Once you start heading into that territory, I would hope that one would FINALLY be able to label such a person as 'anti-American', because, really, it'd be pretty fucking accurate. But whatever, think me a fascist for feeling that way.