Shelby Mustang = Slow

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
Ant needs a faster car, there were several that were run last night at Bandimere Speedway outside Denver. All were stock, or slightly modified, the quickest one ran a 14.02 in 1/4 mile the slowest a 15.6. Even here at altitude there are stock cars that run faster times.

Been to Bandimere a couple of times this summer and there have been several Shelby's at the track, and none have been impressive. Talked to one owner last night who said the fastest one they had seen to date at altitude was a 13.7. For a 500 whp (wheel horse power) car, that's damn slow.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
ants is 750hp though......pst i don't know shit about cars but i thought i would throw that out there

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sir Anthony should hire a stunt double and live vicariously through him.

The Phoenix

Oh, figure it out already!
May 19, 2007
Look up the Super Snake conversion for the Shelby GT 500.
it will have a "tad" more power than the stock 500.
And mods to the supercharger, rear, suspension and exhaust.
It'll push 725HP. Then talk about how slow it is.
Oh, look...here's a picture! Anthony should have one by November.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Does that include a full roll cage with fire suspension, five point racing harness and racing seat too?

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Does that include a full roll cage with fire suspension, five point racing harness and racing seat too?
Is that where the springs and shocks are replaced by a cushion of fire?
I've heard of that, but I didn't know it was commercially available yet. The hot gasses rebound and dampen better than the mechanical systems if kept above 2000 degrees and contained in a plasma field. Also saves almost all the weight of the components, since they are mostly made of energy.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Wants a faster car huh? Should have went for the Hennessey Viper. It's the most powerful upgrade for the Dodge Viper and makes it one of the fastest street legal cars in the country. This thing goes from 0-200 in about 20 seconds. Was just reading about it the other day.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=34&article_id=5675

Bad news is that there may be a waiting list for it. They only make 24 of them a year.

big doodies jim

Spreading the virus in PA
Dec 20, 2004
Pottstown Pa
Ant needs a faster car, there were several that were run last night at Bandimere Speedway outside Denver. All were stock, or slightly modified, the quickest one ran a 14.02 in 1/4 mile the slowest a 15.6. Even here at altitude there are stock cars that run faster times.

Been to Bandimere a couple of times this summer and there have been several Shelby's at the track, and none have been impressive. Talked to one owner last night who said the fastest one they had seen to date at altitude was a 13.7. For a 500 whp (wheel horse power) car, that's damn slow.
Are you crazy? Questioning the choice of the mighty Anthony? Say you're sorry quickly....

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
i was lookin at the new dodge challenger on dodges website, looks awesome. i don't know what kind of power it has though

balt

ok terrific
Apr 11, 2005
You've never heard of it.
I think most of us would like for Mr. Cumia to remain alive, so let's not encourage him to purchase an aluminum rocket ship on wheels.

KnitterRich

Up my In my On my
Dec 1, 2005
NY
Better yet, why not suggest he get a fucking rocket.

Brady T cell

O & A Fanboy
Jan 31, 2005
13.6 for a bone stock GT500 is not "darn slow".

the way Ant has his modded it should be under 10 seconds now.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
13.6 is slow for 500hp.

My s-10 blazer went 13.2 @ 103 with a MILD small block chevy, naturally aspirated.

Here's my friends daily driven 6-cylinder supra doing 9.7 @ 141

[yt]Oukz1GTfV-o[/yt]

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
13.6 for a bone stock GT500 is not "darn slow".

the way Ant has his modded it should be under 10 seconds now.
depends on tires and the driver at that point, most sub 10 cars are running either slicks or racing compound tires, and the ability's of the driver come strongly into play.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Look up the Super Snake conversion for the Shelby GT 500.
it will have a "tad" more power than the stock 500.
And mods to the supercharger, rear, suspension and exhaust.
It'll push 725HP. Then talk about how slow it is.
Oh, look...here's a picture! Anthony should have one by November.
((brag)) I went for a ride in it ((brag brag)) and I have been in alot of fast cars in my 20 plus years of driving ((brag)) The stock shelby gt is a FAST FAST car. Dont beat out what i consider the fastest car i ever been in was a 64ish Belveder with a real 426 hemi that was the only car that pinned me in the seat. More then Anthonys Shelby ((BRAG))((BRAG))

(((BRAG ))) when the 725 super snake is in ((BRAG)) i'll tell you all just how fucking fast it is ((BRAG)) I really have nothing to add just wanted to brag that I went for a ride in the Shelby and if no one reads ths in the next 24 hours I may take it for a ride too. AGAIN ! :action-sm

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
nice run either way, i love the turbos winding up

Its A Hemi

Sep 15, 2006
There's a few Shelbys running 9's now. Only idiots are leaving them stock.

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
You wont see a production car faster than 13 sec. Once tou get in the the 12s you need need safty equipment ,cage, drive shaft hoop, scatter sheilds for flexplate/cluch fly wheel, 5 point harness. When you get in the the 10's you need master shut off switch, trans sheilds. It easy to make car go fast by ordering stuff out of summit and bolting it on. There used to be too many junkers at the track that where way unsafe.

Pappagiorgio

Feb 3, 2006
Wants a faster car huh? Should have went for the Hennessey Viper. It's the most powerful upgrade for the Dodge Viper and makes it one of the fastest street legal cars in the country. This thing goes from 0-200 in about 20 seconds. Was just reading about it the other day.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=34&article_id=5675

Bad news is that there may be a waiting list for it. They only make 24 of them a year.
Even worse news...Hennessey supposedly doesn't have a reputation for quality. I haven't Googled it yet, but I've read complaints elsewhere.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
the more you modify a vehicle you inevitably make it less reliable, so i don't hold much credence too "complaints" twenty years turning wrenches has taught me that when a manufacture spends MILLIONS of dollars building in reliability anything that is done to it no matter how well engineered or executed, will make it less reliable (exception to this rule is when you "up grade" to say an electronic ignition from points, the same goes with fuel injection from a carb, but if not done right there goes you performance enhancement) none of the racers i know build anything to last more than a few races, the entire idea is to push the equipment to its breaking point, if you dont than your not trying hard enough. a lot of consumers who buy these cars dont understand this and want a "daily driver" race car, well you cant have both end of story.