Shipping Questions

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
im moving in a few months and have a bunch of crap i need to ship. what is the easiest/cheapest method of shipping? its mostly just clothes and plastic bins of shit i dont want to throw out. UPS? DHL? regular mail? i heard that there is special pricing for shipping books which i have a big bin of.. do i have to box things or can i leave them in the plastic storage containers i have and just tape them up so they wont open? any info is appreciated.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
im moving in a few months and have a bunch of crap i need to ship. what is the easiest/cheapest method of shipping? its mostly just clothes and plastic bins of shit i dont want to throw out. UPS? DHL? regular mail? i heard that there is special pricing for shipping books which i have a big bin of.. do i have to box things or can i leave them in the plastic storage containers i have and just tape them up so they wont open? any info is appreciated.
you can ship books by media mail... its slow but pretty cheap.

As far as the plastic storage bins I DONT think you can ship them, not through he post office anyway. USPS most likely make you use one of their shipping boxes so they can charge you for the package and check the contents.

I would fed ex or ups your stuff but it will be kinda expensive I would think

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
FedEx will ship those bins no problem. If you want to save a little open a account with them online first with a credit card and you will get 15% off any time you ship on that account.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
i know some one that works for DHL maby he could answer your questions

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
i know some one that works for DHL maby he could answer your questions

DO ya? Hmmmm I would say if you knew some one who worked for DHL you could get their account info and get employee prices. But hey who would you have to blow to get that kinda info?

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
DHL Ground Service
Friday, Jul 06, 2007 by end of day $27.88

50 lbs box 10" by 8" by 36" like one of those plastic things from home cheapo

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
a black DJ?

Look through all the sites and their oversize/odd size categories and see if anything you have fits into this area. That fucks lots of people. I ship a lot and as a rule, it used to be USPS was the cheapest, nearly across the board, but at this point with all the fucking increased fuel costs and surcharges, one has to shop around individually for the service.

Depending on the size and how it's packaged, you can opt for one of FedEx's freight services. Most people don't know that FedEx is actually a collection of specialized subsidiaries under the corporate banner. What could be expensive on the consumer end could be lots cheaper on the freight end.

Depending on the size, I would opt for freight services on a truck if it's not fragile. Pack it well, shrink wrap it all together, then send it off on a skid.

Top Bottom