Shooting at Philadelphia hipster bar/restaurant

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
A 25 year old, named Maurice, from Upper Darby who reportedly drove there in a Mercedes...
I'm sure he lived his life completely on the up and up

:icon_roll

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/Police-Gunfire-erupts-at-Piazza-at-Schmidts-leaving-1-dead.html

Updated at 8:20 a.m. Monday

An altercation at a trendy Northern Liberties bar turned deadly early Monday morning when it escalated into gunfire, police said.

Just after midnight, cops said, they received reports of a shooting on Hancock Street near Germantown Avenue, on the edge of the courtyard at the Piazza at Schmidt's.

A 25-year-old man was shot at least three times in his neck and chest, according to investigators. He was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital, where he was initially resuscitated, but doctors were unable to save him. He was pronounced dead at 2:40 a.m.

He was identified hours later as Maurice Kimble, 25, of Upper Darby.

Police also towed away a silver Mercedes Benz that reportedly belonged to Kimble.

Investigators believe an altercation between two men began on the patio outside PYT, a bar and restaurant at the Piazza, then spilled onto the edge of the courtyard, where gunfire erupted.

At least four spent shell casings, a bullet fragment and a pool of blood marked the pavement between two of the Piazza’s buildings along Hancock Street as crime-scene investigators and detectives worked at the scene. Police also found a discarded revolver near the scene and were investigating whether it was used in the shooting, they said.

Initial reports of a possible second victim of the shooting proved to be unfounded.

Police said they were working on obtaining surveillance video from the bar to see if it captured the altercation or the shooting.

A man who identified himself as a Piazza employee twice told journalists standing on Hancock Street to step back, saying that Hancock was a private street, only to be told by Philadelphia Police on both occasions that the street is public and the journalists were not interfering with the investigation.

Cops remained at the scene investigating until daylight.

NuttyJim

I heard the shooting took place during an argument over hats and pabst blue ribbon

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
This is what you get when you try and build an
upscale restaurant, bar, housing complex in a
shithole neighborhood. Should have left it to the
trash that lives around it.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Earth didn't lose anyone worth keeping in the shooting.

NuttyJim

I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Earth didn't lose anyone worth keeping in the shooting.
Hipsters are known to kill people with their words and if that doesn't work they have a dub step contest.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
That guy really shouldn't have "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhed."

lajikal

Guess he needed more ice.. Right doc? Get it. More ice.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Bullseye!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
they had that coal burning coke whore/dealer get murdered there a few years ago also.
fucking hipsters think they are invincible in there bad sweaters and overpriced shitty glasses
my chick drug me to this joint last winter, http://www.frankfordhall.com/
we had to walk about 4 or 5 blocks to get there from there apartment at penn's landing, i had my flashlight in one hand and my other was on the butt of my pistol the entire time.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Yup. They buy into these neighborhoods cause it's cheap
and they figure they're gonna make a killing. Instead, they
instigate killings. Assholes.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
I've actually felt pretty safe in the Northern Liberties/Fishtown area.
It wasn't as if someone blindly went gunning in there either, it screams nig on nig.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I used to work at 5th and Master. I always wanted to get out of
there as soon as my shift was over. Never felt safe there.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
An altercation at a trendy Northern Liberties bar turned deadly early Monday morning when it escalated into gunfire, police said.
Well, we know who wont be going there.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Well, above Girard is still a bit ethnic.
But basically Girard and south and Front and east aren't really bad.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
and as anticipated:
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/Suspect-identified-in-deadly-shooting-at-Piazza-at-Schmidts.html

A suspect has been identified in the murder of an Upper Darby man at the Piazza at Schmidt’s early Monday morning, and a warrant for his arrest was issued on Tuesday, according to police.

Cops are looking for Steven Miller, 22, in connection with the fatal shooting of 25-year-old Maurice Kimble after an argument outside PYT bar and restaurant.

Kimble was shot three times in the courtyard of the Piazza just outside PYT’s patio and later died at Hahnemann University Hospital.

Miller, who has addresses in Northeast Philadelphia and Kensington according to court documents, is described as black, 6 feet tall and about 150 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and a tattoo on his left forearm.