Shooting at Police Now LEGAL in Indiana

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Link

Indiana has become the first state to legally permit residents to shoot at police if they feel their property is being illegally breached by an officer. Proponents of the law, including its author, state Sen. Michael Young and the National Rifle Association, say it was necessary following a state Supreme Court ruling last year which said "there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers," Young told Bloomberg News. The measure amends the 2006 so-called Castle Doctrine bill that allows deadly force to stop illegal entry into a home or car. The term "public servant" was added following the court's ruling. Opponents of the measure, especially police organizations, say it is a recipe for disaster. "If I pull over a car and I walk up to it and the guy shoots me, he's going to say, 'Well, he was trying to illegally enter my property,'" 17-year veteran police Sgt. Joseph Hubbard, of the Jeffersonville, Ind., police department, said. "Somebody is going get away with killing a cop because of this law."

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
When I saw this on Drudge last night, I was waiting for it to show up on WB.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
There have to be ridiculously strict guidelines to the enforcement of a law such as this, but if it's spelled out in black and white terms, it could be a beneficial law to the general populace.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Excellent. I hope a crack house pops up on every street in every town in Indiana. Somebody took your kid and ran into their house, fuck you, get them yourself. 20 young person moved into the house next door to you and they are dealing crack, fuck you, deal with them yourself. You saw a guy put a body in his trunk, fuck you, not my problem.

No wonder Jon The Cop is down in Florida interviewing with the Pinalles County Sheriff's Department.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The problem I have with this is that most people won't know what an illegal entry is.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Excellent. I hope a crack house pops up on every street in every town in Indiana. Somebody took your kid and ran into their house, fuck you, get them yourself. 20 young person moved into the house next door to you and they are dealing crack, fuck you, deal with them yourself. You saw a guy put a body in his trunk, fuck you, not my problem.

No wonder Jon The Cop is down in Florida interviewing with the Pinalles County Sheriff's Department.
This is where the strict guidelines I mentioned come into play, and of course there has to be an absolute ZERO tolerance rule for people using the law to get away with cop killings. The burden of proof would have to be solidly on the side of the person doing the shooting, as to whether or not it was justified.

I want you to know I'm 110% for the cops, with almost no exceptions. If you're walking the walk & talking the talk, and you're a legit good guy, then I salute and applaud the police. Unfortunately there are occasional goons that slip through the cracks, and I'm assuming this is the kind of cop this law is intended to stop.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I doubt anyone shooting at a legit police raid is going to survive to face charges.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I don't see this one getting abused, unless it's by someone that was already itching to kill a cop anyway.

This CAN protect the poor bastard that gets his door kicked in at 3AM on a no-knock warrant that got the wrong address, and defends his home not knowing it's actual cops raiding his house by mistake.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
You wouldn't find me approaching any house. You fuckers want the police, come out to sidewalk.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
How many civilians have been killed by cops doing illegal entries?
How many civilians have been killed by cops doing "legal" entries? The Iraq vet in in Arizona that was shot 60 times comes to mind and they killed him because he supposedly had drugs in the house but they never found drugs.

Just end the war on some drugs and no more drug dealers with their little crack houses.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
How many civilians have been killed by cops doing "legal" entries? The Iraq vet in in Arizona that was shot 60 times comes to mind and they killed him because he supposedly had drugs in the house but they never found drugs.

Just end the war on some drugs and no more drug dealers with their little crack houses.
Yeah, because eliminating the drug war is going to stop them. They will move on to other crime, just like the mafia did during prohibition.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Yeah, because eliminating the drug war is going to stop them. They will move on to other crime, just like the mafia did during prohibition.
But I thought everything will be ok once we legalize marijuana and a few other drugs. I thought the dealers and criminals would go back to church or school instead of committing other crimes.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
But I thought everything will be ok once we legalize marijuana and a few other drugs. I thought the dealers and criminals would go back to church or school instead of committing other crimes.
That's a good argument for keeping the failed war on some drugs going. I'll tell you, ever since those dispensaries opened up the crime has been crazy. Just the other day I saw a illegal Peruvian Amazon wood house, logs were going in the back and coming out the front. Woodheads all over the place. The cops finally raided the house and put a end to the madness.