Shooting breaks out – at anti-violence vigil

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
They couldn't even have a peaceful vigil for poor Javon, who was cruelly murdered whilst robbing a convenience store.

Shooting breaks out – at anti-violence vigil

By Steve Lyttle
slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Friday, Sep. 06, 2013

Charlotte’s recent spate of violence took a new twist Thursday night when gunfire broke out at an anti-violence vigil in the city’s Villa Heights neighborhood.

Four people were injured, but police say none of the victims’ injuries is considered life-threatening. No arrests have been announced.

Mothers of Murdered Offspring sponsored the vigil, calling attention to last Thursday’s death of Javon Booker, who police say was fatally shot when he allegedly tried to rob a convenience store on Tom Hunter Road in north Charlotte. The service took place in the 2500 block of Pinckney Avenue, a block south of Matheson Avenue.

Shortly after 10:30 p.m., police were called by someone at the vigil who said a person pulled a gun and began firing at people.

When officers arrived, they found that most people had fled, and there were no shooting victims. But within a short time, police learned that there were four victims, each of whom had called 911 from a different location.

Detectives spent much of the night gathering evidence and talking to witnesses.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers, at 704-334-1600, or file a report online.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...reaks-out-at-anti-violence.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/06/4291050/shooting-breaks-out-at-anti-violence.html

HandPanzer

Vergangenheitsbewältigung
May 30, 2013
MOMO must be thrilled about their ever increasing membership within certain communities, so it's not all bad.

jrsaint

Feb 13, 2006
right behind you
I have many minority friends and it is appalling that these thug n1ggers demand respect and pity when they get shot and killed committing violent crimes. My black friends cringe at the actions of the thugs but somehow they feel compelled to include them into their community because of color. I will defend my own blood for a crime to a point, but any other white guy acting like a thug should be shot on sight. I really don't give a fuck if he is white because he would commit a violent incident to me or my family. STOP feeling guilty or remorseful when a thug ends up on the wrong side of a barrel.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
yet white people that don't want to live near black people are called insane racists

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
he was ALLEGEDLY robbing a liquor store, my ass

just because he was wearing a ski mask, pointed a gun and demanded the money doesn't make him guilty

just dead

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
On the plus side, it'll only take electrical tape (or gorilla tape) or a sharpie to convert justice for Tr ayvon to Javon.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Story about the robbery...

Robbery suspect shot by clerk in north Charlotte

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say Javon Sanchez Booker, 21, was the man shot and killed by a convenience store clerk during an alleged robbery Thursday night in north Charlotte.

A 21-year-old man killed by a north Charlotte convenience store employee Thursday night is the second alleged robber shot to death at the store in the past six years.

Javon Sanchez Booker of Charlotte died after being shot about 9 p.m. at the Fast Mart store on Tom Hunter Road near Reagan Drive, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said. That is a short distance from Interstate 85.

Booker entered the store and tried to rob the clerk, according to police. Police have not said whether the suspect struck the clerk. Investigators say the clerk pulled a gun and fired at the man.

The robbery suspect ran from the store but got only about a block south on Tom Hunter Road before collapsing in the street. Homicide detectives spent several hours late Thursday and early Friday checking to see if residents in the area had seen anything.

Mecklenburg County jail records show Booker was arrested once, in February 2011, on a felony drug possession charge.

A fatal shooting also took place at the Fast Mart on July 23, 2007. In that case, police said a man entered the store about 10:30 a.m. and was shot to death by the owner. The owner was not charged.
Link

Hmmm....

?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I wonder if they sell little stickers for the door of the store that kills a robber, like fighter planes paint a flag for each kill?

And what would be on those stickers? Hmmm.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I wonder if they sell little stickers for the door of the store that kills a robber, like fighter planes paint a flag for each kill?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey

a primative looking stick figure like on the "don't walk" sign with a sideways hat that has a red X though it

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I love that I hear about local news from a guy posting from Idaho.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say Javon Sanchez Booker, 21, was the man shot and killed by a convenience store clerk during an alleged robbery Thursday night in north Charlotte.
He was obviously there to buy skittles with his hard earned money. #Justiceforjavon.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
calling attention to last Thursday’s death of Javon Booker, who police say was fatally shot when he allegedly tried to rob a convenience store on Tom Hunter Road in north Charlotte.
Yeah. The nerve. An Ape running around robbing businesses gets shot dead. The audacity of the general public.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
The level of fucking stupid amazes me. The fucking thug trys to rob a liquor store and gets killed and the go after the victim. These are the same cunts that scream about **** victims rights