shop tools

ysr50

Donator
What is funny is I can’t ever remember seeing it, but, I will admit that I haven’t taken the plywood off in years and I can’t remember ever taking the rubber mat off, oh and there better be something under there, that’s a 150# granite surfacing plate that I had no intentions on moving
Look up secret snap on toolbox compartments, the compartment is bigger than I remembered. Was the person you bought it from "interesting"?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Look up secret snap on toolbox compartments, the compartment is bigger than I remembered. Was the person you bought it from "interesting"?
It was my snapon guy I bought it used

blazin

That thing will work fine fo you, go get a bottle of 25/75 , spool of .030 wire and weld away, my only recommendation is to avoid the harbor freight welding wire and helmets, buy a good helmet (200$+ Lincoln, miller etc) those cheep ass helmets blow monkey balls
I got some .023 wire and the tips, that's what I read was the best for sheetmetal body work, you'd know better than me.

its made by INE, ever hear of them? https://www.ine.it

I bought this helmet, Lincoln Galaxis, normally $100 found it on clearance on some farming website for $50

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln...-Variable-Shade-9-13-Helmet-K4438-1/300573174

THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN

Maybe he left you the very rare 1 and 29/32" 30/60 wrench. I've heard of it but I've never seen one.

I think your full of shit about that hide spot, you just want me to move that surface plate

ysr50

Donator
I think your full of shit about that hide spot, you just want me to move that surface plate
Why would I lie to you? I respect your surface plate. There is a little compartment in a toolbox that you've owned for many years that you weren't aware of. Maybe moving the surface plate and cleaning off the top of your box will lead to nothing, in fact I'd assume there isn't anything of any value in it. My mini still has butts in the ashtray from the '60s because I choose to leave them there.

THE FEZ MAN

Hmmm maybe this can de the new joey and the safe.....
Na, I’m too curious

Got a $100 rebate from Pep Boys for doing a brake job on my truck... bought this. Already had a right angle drill with the same battery pack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haeder

South Dakota
Got a $100 rebate from Pep Boys for doing a brake job on my truck... bought this. Already had a right angle drill with the same battery pack.

Electric toothbrush. Nice. A master of oral hygiene.

THE FEZ MAN

I ordered a bunch of new wrench and socket holders from a company called
Tooltopia I am impressed with their shipping, I ordered them Sunday night and had them Tuesday

I ordered a bunch of new wrench and socket holders from a company called
Tooltopia I am impressed with their shipping, I ordered them Sunday night and had them Tuesday
What's the quality like?

THE FEZ MAN

What's the quality like?

Not bad they won’t take anything over 7/8 in the wrenches, the socket holders are the post type which is fine for me now. 1/4-1/2 metric and standard, I think In an industrial environment they would probably break, the bigger issue is they have a molded handle that I might cut off to try and gain just a little more space. I also might take a trip to harbor freight and pick up some cheep 1/2 drive impacts just to fill the holders

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
Harbor freight lathes are pretty shitty. I would look in the used market for a Jet or something before I would fuck with one of those hf things.
I built my own stand for my old 50's craftsman lathe and filled the bottom with a couple bags of play sand to give it some mass, and then built a caster pallet that slides underneath so I can put it up against the wall out of the way. Vibration is your biggest enemy with lathes.
I would, however, recommend the red-handled harbor freight lathe chisel set. They are decent enough, and cheap... which is important because there is a decent learning curve in keeping them sharp. Better to learn on the cheapos. I did turn some nicer handles for the set I have, but I def still use them.
I'll look into them. I can always figure out how to sharpen them up. The only used lathes I've found are giant $1500+ lathes and I'm not looking to drop that kind of cash on what could be a few weekend a year hobby.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Just get a nice set of replacable tip chisels. Sooo much easier that sharpening. http://www.rockler.com/carbide-mini-turning-tool-3-piece-set

Not bad they won’t take anything over 7/8 in the wrenches, the socket holders are the post type which is fine for me now. 1/4-1/2 metric and standard, I think In an industrial environment they would probably break, the bigger issue is they have a molded handle that I might cut off to try and gain just a little more space. I also might take a trip to harbor freight and pick up some cheep 1/2 drive impacts just to fill the holders
Ya all I am servicing now is the one mower, saws and weedwhacker. Had a bunch more shit to fix at the farm... equipment wise.

This is the one downside of buying a new house there is a lot less shit to fix. So my boatload of tools is just basically sitting there. I hoping in a couple of years when I do the garage do a shop in the back and start building furniture or something.

THE FEZ MAN

Ya all I am servicing now is the one mower, saws and weedwhacker. Had a bunch more shit to fix at the farm... equipment wise.

This is the one downside of buying a new house there is a lot less shit to fix. So my boatload of tools is just basically sitting there. I hoping in a couple of years when I do the garage do a shop in the back and start building furniture or something.
This project is dragging on and on, I also bought a big bin cabinet
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...ge-Cabinet-with-36-Wide-Shelves-102-Blue-Bins
So, I’m also going though the piles and piles of shit that I have spread all over the shop that belongs in bins, I have a really bad habit of putting shit in a box then stuffing it in a cabinet or my tool box, not being able to find something, then going out and buying it again....
Need a zip tie? I just sorted through about 2000 of them
Need a crip connector? What kind? Bare? Cheep? Nice? Really nice? Shrink wrap included? How about shrink wrap and low temp solder... what size? 22 gauge? Or 8... speaking of heat shrink, what size you want? 030? How about 2”
nuts bolts, screws.
You need a pad lock hasp? What size...
it’s amazing
I also just tossing shit like hunks of wire 6” long

This project is dragging on and on, I also bought a big bin cabinet
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...ge-Cabinet-with-36-Wide-Shelves-102-Blue-Bins
So, I’m also going though the piles and piles of shit that I have spread all over the shop that belongs in bins, I have a really bad habit of putting shit in a box then stuffing it in a cabinet or my tool box, not being able to find something, then going out and buying it again....
Need a zip tie? I just sorted through about 2000 of them
Need a crip connector? What kind? Bare? Cheep? Nice? Really nice? Shrink wrap included? How about shrink wrap and low temp solder... what size? 22 gauge? Or 8... speaking of heat shrink, what size you want? 030? How about 2”
nuts bolts, screws.
You need a pad lock hasp? What size...
it’s amazing
I also just tossing shit like hunks of wire 6” long
Again I lost a lot of my fasteners and other shit when I left the gulag... like I had boxes of 2" and 3 1/4" galv framing nails for my air nailer. But at the end just didn't have the energy to move those.

I might consider a smaller version of your cabinet when I build my shop. Even just to organize screws.

THE FEZ MAN

I dove into my “this is important drawers” why am I saving 42 broken molding clips and a stack of dull rusty razor blades.... oh and I might count them but I might actually have no less than 50 1/8 double ended drill bits, but not a complete drill index, think I might go buy one of those 115 pieces number indexes when I go buy my 1/2 impact set, because I don’t have enough tools

ysr50

Donator
I dove into my “this is important drawers” why am I saving 42 broken molding clips and a stack of dull rusty razor blades.... oh and I might count them but I might actually have no less than 50 1/8 double ended drill bits, but not a complete drill index, think I might go buy one of those 115 pieces number indexes when I go buy my 1/2 impact set, because I don’t have enough tools
Some people don't know what a number index is, the plebes like to speak of drill bits in fractions of an inch. Did you open the secret compartment?