Shopping cart/bike combo

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ

Here’s proof that a low-tech innovation can still be just as fun as the high-tech gear we see every day. Instead of just mounting a basket to the front of his bike Ryan McFarland decided to completely replace the front wheel with an abandoned shopping cart. While the upgraded bike doesn’t steer very well as long as there’s a straight line between your home and the grocery store you can buy an entire cart’s worth of food without having to worry about how you’re going to carry it home. And if you have access to one of those massive grocery stores with particularly wide aisles you might even be able to ride the bike into the store.

While photos of the bike have been kicking around the ‘blogosphere’ Ryan has actually posted a full Instructables guide on how he made the Cart Bike if you feel like building your own.

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2007/09/10/shopping-cart-bike-mashup-would-make-grocery-shopping-fun/

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I hope some tractor trailer clips him and his flip flop wearing dumb ass into a bridge abutment.

Aug 10, 2007
Best part being, its literally fucking impossible to steer. Take off the four little cart wheels, cut the bottom frame at the very bottom and put a small bike tire there. Then you would actually have something that functions, instead of taking an "action shot" on a straight away when he could never make a turn in that cart-mobile.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
It would be a bitch if the store took back the cart while he was there, and left him with a bike with no front wheel. They spend a lot on carts, like $150-200 each, and take it pretty seriously. It seems like he would be able to steer his cart, just not very well.

SteveSteele

1 dog's goin this way..1 dog's goin that way...
Nov 22, 2004
New Rochelle, NY
I hope the supermarket he stole the cart from presses charges for destruction of personal property.

Aug 10, 2007
It would be a bitch if the store took back the cart while he was there, and left him with a bike with no front wheel. They spend a lot on carts, like $150-200 each, and take it pretty seriously. It seems like he would be able to steer his cart, just not very well.
If you look at his blog, he just flipped the carts wheels, the rigid wheels are in the back and the "Movable" wheels are in the front. If all of the wheels could move you may be right but I can't see how you would be able to steer at all. Just imagine your big having two wheels in front that can't move, it would be pretty hard to move if you could at all.