OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Show Download Recommendations..

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by Master Paux, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Master Paux

Master Paux Dry Drunk

I haven't really listened to a full show in months, so I have no idea if there's been a spectacular-must-listen-to show in the past year or so. I'm looking to download a few onto my mp3 to listen to while I workout. Kinda tired of the music I have, and Limewire's gone so I can't download anything new. Using Frostwire resulted in threatening emails from my cable provider.
    So.. any ideas??

I'll be using Audible of course.. :haha7:

mods - if a similar thread exists, I couldn't find it. feel free to link it and close.

2. djeter220

djeter220 User that is Registered.

Don't know if you heard them, but the shows after Patrice's stroke and after his passing were, aside from being very funny, were very cathartic. Ronnie B always mentions how spoiled O&A listeners are to be able to hear these brilliant comedians speak candidly, and these were times where I felt privileged to hear the best comics in the world assemble and reflect on their friend and peer. I'm not sure of the dates of the shows, but I believe they were in mid November and mid December. The latter also provides the line of the decade from Dave Attell.

I also enjoyed the Feb. 23 & 24 Opie & Ron & Kevin Pollack shows.

3. gator1010

gator1010 Registered User

search twitter for a guy name @sterngeek he posts links for show downloads.

4. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Just going by my personal ratings on shows I've saved, here are the 4+ ones:

12-19-2012 (Erock vs Troy, Sam's mom on phone)
    12-20-2012 (Tom Poppa, Patrice's GF, Bob Kelly on phone)
    01-05-2012 (Amy Schumer, Sarah Paxton, Ti West)
    01-13-2012 (Patrice's GF, Jimmy's Manager)
    01-20-2012 (Ronnie B, Mark Cuban, Mick Foley)
    01-30-2012 (Joe Derosa push ups, Burr on phone)
    02-17-2012 (Jim Jefferies)
    02-21-2012 (Joe Derosa)
    02-23-2012 (Ronnie B, Kevin Pollack, Troy & Erock stories)*
    02-24-2012 (Ronnie B, Kevin Pollack)*
    03-02-2012 (Joe Derosa, Rich Vos, Ant's Cruise discussion)
    03-09-2012 (Joe Derosa, Bob Kelly, Dominic Lombardozzi)
    03-12-2012 (Amy Schumer, Troy's Friend, Will Ferrel)
    03-23-2012 (Matt Paxton)
    03-29-2012 (Dave Attell, Gillian Jacobs)
    04-11-2012 (Joe McHale)
    04-13-2012 (Derosa, Gervais)
    04-20-2012 (Bob Kelly, Florentine)

Don't have any rated from last month.

Edit: Obviously the December ones are from 2011.

Also agree that you should listen to the shows following Patrice's death if you haven't heard them already.

5. CaffeeDiva

CaffeeDiva Registered User

Oh dude she was totally going to use Audible until you said that.

Paux, why don't you use uTorrent for music? Have you considered it or do you just not like using it? You can get a pretty good selection of stuff now.

6. Blotto

Blotto Registered User

A lot of great suggestions, but I don't think anything done directly on the show beats the weekly Vos & Bonnie relationship train-wreck.

If the audio quality hadn't been complete shit, last week's podcast with CQ would have been the best hour of show-affiliated in a year.

7. djeter220

djeter220 User that is Registered.

He's reliable, but be prepared to jump from unnecessary hosting site to unnecessary hosting site before getting to the actual download in order to get his ad.fly hits up.

8. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Greg Tony and Jim...

9. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Seconded.

10. whiskeyguy

Thirdeded

11. gator1010

gator1010 Registered User

Indeed but they are so good i didnt want to "out" them for possible shutdown. They post for download 10-20 minutes after the show. I have 2 sirius subscriptions and i still download from them for my own personal sad catalogue of shows

12. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Hey, asshole. Keep your mouth shut.

13. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

First rule about Syndication Underground....

14. whiskeyguy

I pay for Sirius also but I download the show 90% of the time simply because it's easier to play back on my phone whenever I want.

15. freddyfox

freddyfox Registered User

It looks as if all of Sterngeek's accounts are gone. The PasteBin account is gutted except for the Coast To Coast AM folder. If it was indeed Sirius who shut things down it only took them THREE YEARS to do it. Sterngeek was a saint. I checked some torrent sites, only KAT had recent O&J stuff from this week. In the coming days/weeks there will be another outlet for getting the shows. Its like playing whack-a-mole.

16. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

Miss Party Rooster :(

17. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

Torrents of shows are hardly ever immediate, but they are eventually available within a day or two.

18. nyquil

nyquil Well-Known Member
    Donator

9/16/2010 -- The episode where NO ONE is safe! The first time we meet Intern Stevie and he gets a bashing, then they get into various topics of the day, watch Death Wish 3 and bash the shit out of it. Then Bobby and Vos come in and everything goes off the rails. Bobby talks about getting hit with a wave in Aruba which leads into the infamous Paralyzed Opie bit. Then the rest of the show is a complete mexican standoff where everyone shoots at everything and everyone gets killed. Amazing episode, one of my favorites, top 5 for me, it just captures the perfect energy and happiness and cohesiveness of this show. As far as the later O&A years go, this is a must listen.

Rundown:
    First hour:

• The studio has been disinfected again because Fez was in yesterday with his boil that may or may not be MRSA.

• Opie says that management told Fez he can't come back in studio until he gets diagnosed by a doctor. Apparently there wasn't any good news yesterday since they cleaned the place again.

• They have a new bunch of interns on the show and check out Intern Stevie, who is fat and has thick glasses. They read his "bio." They see some of his "likes" (Devo, Big Country) and wonder if the kid is retarded.

• Sam explains they have told Stevie he has to come up with a new bit idea for the show every day. They read a few include a really hacky "Schlong Soda" ad.

• They invite Intern Stevie into the studio. They ask him to come up with a second hit by Big Country, and he can't. They ask if he's retarded, and he says no but he gets that a lot. He explains he has an eye condition called nystagmus which causes his eyes to wander uncontrollably. They try to test his eyesight and ask how bad it is. They have him sing "In a Big Country" a capella.

• They find out Stevie and Ant both went to the same elementary school in East Islip. Also Stevie's parents recently separated. They ask Stevie why he's still a virgin. Opie asks to see Stevie's glasses, and he sees that they're all bent and busted up. They all try on Stevie's glasses and see how horrible his vision is. He's just short of the legal limit to be able to drive a car. They have him read a list of the top 20 mean names people have called him. Some of them are ones that Sam made up. Jimmy points out that Stevie has tiny hands.
    Second hour:

• The top one on the list is "Fat Drew Carey Motherfucker." His least bothersome of the lot #20 is "faggot." They come up with some new ones as he reads.

• They have him read the "Schlong Soda" script over a music bed. They ask if he has any broadcast experience, and he talks about going to sportscasting camp. He says when he called basketball games he couldn't tell any of the kids apart.

• Listener comments come in comparing him to Mark David Chapman and John Candy's character in Vacation

• Someone also thinks he looks like the "Warcraft guy from South Park."

• Opie offers to buy Stevie new glasses if he lets Opie shave his head like that character. He relents and says yes, but Opie has mercy and backs down.

• Sam says they also have a female and a non-white intern. Jimmy boos.
    ~ break ~

• They talk about Michael Grimm winning America's Got Talent the previous night. They are reminded last year's winner was Kevin Skinner, and Travis says that Skinner's album didn't crack the Billboard 200.

• They play a Kevin Skinner song and trash the lyrics.

• Caller says the million dollar prize for that show is actually paid out over 40 years.

• Anthony talks about watching Death Wish 3 last night. He says the gang leader looks like Bill Burr and everything about the film is ridiculous.

• They start watching the movie and tear it apart. Ant says it was so horrible he couldn't take his eyes off it. They reveal that the gang leader is in fact the guy who played Chuck, Richie Cunningham's older brother on Happy Days who was written out in the second season.

• Ant talks about how some guy once chicks give blowjob advice by saying they should make a Charles Bronson face so their teeth wouldn't scrape his dick.

• Jimmy says the last Death Wish movie was cancer looking for Bronson and Jill Ireland. Too soon?

• Caller says his 12-year-old son was watching last night too and thought the movie was hilarious. Ant asked if his son enjoyed the **** scene.

• They talk about the character known as the Giggler. Jimmy's face gets hot in embarrassment.

#18 nyquil, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  19. nyquil

nyquil Well-Known Member
    Donator

Third hour:

• Opie notices a lot of suits in the office today, and Jimmy quips, "There's a giant acquisition happening." Mild speculation ensues. "Is this guy coming in to fire us?"

• They play a clip of Jimmy's Raw Dog show featuring Bob Kelly talking about blowing a guy in exchange for a steak when he was young.
    Rich Vos and Bob Kelly enter the studio

• Vos brings up hanging out at the "picnic" at Nick DiPaolo's two weeks ago, and they argue about the semantics of what you call a barbecue.

• Rich brings up Opie's messed up nose and gets off a few good lines about it. Then they tell Vos to stop immediately because he always goes one line too far and bombs when this happens. They talk about Nick's barbecue and the fact that Jimmy didn't get an invitation.

• Opie talks about being evacuated for one day for Hurricane Earl then going back after finding out it was a bust. He talks about catching a wave badly while boogeyboarding and hitting the water so hard he was afraid at first he'd literally gotten paralyzed while his wife and baby were sitting on the beach.

• Bobby talks about getting dragged by a wave in Aruba that also ripped his shorts off.

• They riff for a long time on how the show would be different if Opie had really gotten paralyzed. Ant does a Stephen Hawking voice.

• They make some references to Opie's "imagination" bomb from Tuesday. They talk about how paralyzed Opie would get his comeuppance from all the people he's abused over the years.

• Opie brings up his new gimmick of asking guys if they have ever intentionally taken a shit outside. Bobby says he did the last time he went camping, but it's not the same as Opie taking a shit on the beach. They catch Vos bombing then trying to pretend it didn't happen, so they have Travis roll back and replay the clip.

• Bobby says he has a friend in a wheelchair who rents himself out for people to take him to events so they will get priority seating.
    Fourth hour

• They notice a cute chick outside so they invite her in. She's a NASCAR employee from L.A. named Sherri who just happened to be passing by. Opie brings up a story about Sandy Kane harrassing Kyle Busch's fiancee on their ESPN2 reality show.

• They find out Sherri is an ethnic mix of Mexican and black. They keep demanding she introduce them to Kyle Busch, but they later find out he already left the building. They mess with and flirt with her for a while, and she's a good sport about it before politely bowing out of the studio.

• Caller repeats a line of Opie's he thought was good, and Vos says "I'm glad you got through to the pandering line."

• Opie says he's dying to pick his nose, but he's afraid to because he knows someone in the room would catch him on camera.

• Vos may or may not be doing a show Friday because it's his and Bonnie's anniversary. They talk about Uncle Vinnie's in Staten Island which Bobby says is really beautiful; Vos and Jimmy say they haven't played that area in years. Vos talks about going to the "dime district" to trade in some jewelry, and they boo Travis when he isn't able to instantly pull the audio clip for them to replay. They tease Vos for promoting how good the food is a the club he's going to be at. They start piling onto Vos for a few minutes and get on a roll. Finally Chip chimes in to completely step on the moment.
    ~ break ~

• After having made a quick phone call, Vos announces he won't be playing a show on his anniversary after all.

• Vos wants to talk politics and asks whether Republicans or Democrats did better in the primaries. Ant points out that's a retarded question because both parties are just selecting their candidates. Vos strikes back with some shots about Ant gettin gized(typo?) during his own house party. Ant recaps the story for Bobby's benefit. It frequently derails into more jabs at each other.

• Bobby asks what parties are like at Ant's house because he's never been. They mention naked girls in the pool at Keith's birthday party, and Vos asks "were they hot or your fans?" They riff for a while on girls with "one fuckable quality." They talk about pissing in a jacuzzi and whether it's worse than shitting on the beach.

• They talk about MacFarlane's Red Dead Redemption and how there's a character coincidentally has the same name as Bonnie.

• They mention Ron Bennington doing a voice in the game & some of them whine that they've never been asked to do any voices.

• They talk about Vos' dentures. Bobby says "someone went to school to make your mouth." Ant tells Bobby, "someone bought a steak to make your mouth."
    Fifth hour:

• They bring Blind Stevie back into the studio and immediately rip on his looks. Sam explains that Stevie's been working on a new bit. They ask him some questions about his eyesight. Stevie says he has a bit of "OCD like Anthony" to which Anthony objects.

• There's some more sparring between Vos and Bobby, but it turns back on Stevie again.

*Opie asks to see Stevie's glasses again. When he hands them to Opie, everyone gets really worried for the kid but nothing happens.

• Opie asks Stevie to talk about his father, but Stevie's not comfortable with the subject. Bobby and Ant share father-issue stories with Stevie to try to draw him out. They can barely get through it without taking more shots at each other. Stevie talks about his dad taking him to see a <i>Rocky</i> movie on a school night then wanting to theater-hop into another screen and beating Stevie to the ground when he refused. They ask Stevie to re-enact the scene with Sam. Stevie says he hasn't spoken to his dad since he moved out last October. They talk about it for a bit then start to tear into each other again. They never even get to the bit Stevie was working on, but they have him read Vos and Bobby's plugs on the air. They heckle as he stumbles through it then say goodbye.
    Show ends.

Rundown thanks to Struff @ oarundowns.com

20. stellarcomics

stellarcomics Registered User

I used to dl shows and other content on the "fan download" sites, but they are all gone now. Now I just listen when I can (usually delayed on the Sirius app) and don't download anything anymore. The maaaaaaaan won, I guess.

Random DOUCHE likes this.
  21. nyquil

nyquil Well-Known Member
    Donator

I hear you, they always get shut down so fast now. After the Howard Stern uploader wushdishmeen started trying to sell hard drives filled with shows they started paying closer attention to them

#21 nyquil, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  22. nyquil

nyquil Well-Known Member
    Donator

10/14/2011 - We start out with a typical first hour, they go over some videos, pleasantries, etc. The second segment starts off with Jocktober and later in the segment a twist is revealed, Opie is Jocktobering his old college buddy, Jim Chandler. The pests ramp up the comments when they hear about this much to Opie's chagrin. Colin joins them later and Patrice joins them right near the break. The third segment is a bout between Patrice and Colin, as they hash out some old issues with each other and crack jokes on each other for a bit. Colin leaves, and in the final break, O&A wrap the show up with Otto and Patrice, chat about various things until the show ends. Sam's post-show is included in the final hour.

This is Patrice's final appearance on O&A, 5 days before his stroke..

Rundown:

(from oarundowns.com )

(4:25) First Segment:

• They talk a little about their new show intro voiced by William Shatner.

• They talk for a while about Opie's "people" - the protesters in NYC who are going to be getting dicked around by the city.

live breaking news about it on CNN right now.

• They talk more about the protesters.

• They play audio from Opie's third video featured on the site he works for. They talk about the protesters for a little while.
    • They talk a little about Stuntbrain and bring up their agent and talk about Colin Quinn and Patrice O'Neal who will both be on the show later.
    (51:10) Second segment:

• They get into today's Jocktober which features Woody & Jim on The River in Nashville[6] .

• They play a bunch of clips from Woody & Jim including an intern who is "a Fez". Sam reads some of the comments being left on that show's Facebook page.

• Very deep into the segment Opie announces that he has to tap-out because he found out he went to college with that guy Jim and started in radio with him. The Facebook comments then get worse while Opie tries to defend himself and compliment his old friend. Colin Quinn joins them (1:42:00) and they fill him in.

• They play more audio from Woody & Jim. Opie continues to try to make good and sounds uncomfortable.

• Sam reads more from their Facebook page until he finds out that the page has been taken down. Opie asks Sam if Sam purposely set him up. Patrice O'Neal joins them (1:59:30) and they fill him in.
    (2:02:00) Third Segment

• The rejoiner song is Neil Sedaka's "Bad Blood" which was requested by Colin to be his walk-on music today.

• They talk for a while about Twitter stuff and about fucking with people on Twitter like Colin has been doing recently and like Ant did during the Casey Anthony trial.

• They talk for a while about the old TV show Colin hosted, Tough Crowd[7] , which featured comedians such as Jimmy and Patrice and others heard on the O&A show. They talk about how much they miss it and why it was so great and tell some stories about it.

• Colin and Patrice talk for a while about some issues that they've had between them in the past and hash things out. That eventually turns into a conversation about comedians busting each other's balls and attacking each other and sometimes crossing the line and inadvertently hurting each other without meaning to.

• They do plugs and Colin leaves.
    (2:54:30) Last Segment:

• Otto joins them. They talk a little more about Tough Crowd and attacking other comedians.

• There is a little talk about Comic Con which is happening in NYC this weekend and Otto talks about lugging George around places.

• They talk about Otto's upcoming "Pig Roast"[8] .

• They talk a little about the Godfather movies.
    Show ends.

(3:19:17) Sam's "After O&A LIVE" show

23. Chip Spackler

Chip Spackler Patron Saint of Autists
    Donator

I started listening on XM in 2008, starting in around 2010 I began downloading shows so I could listen on my phone.

I then found that many youtube users had made playlists for various different OandA bits and breaks over the years.

Since then, I have LOVED the user "Chris Davis" and his "Nopie" playlist. It is a collection of FULL shows in which Opie either called in sick or took vacation. They are hilarious. Although they take fewer calls, Ant and Jim riffing and making awful cringe jokes (without Opie sulking in the corner, waiting for the next topic) is brilliant. I know Opie is a great "radio guy": moving from topic to topic, handling calls and guests, balancing the on-air personalities, ect- but since he became a dad and felt 'above' the hilarious "Uncle Paul"-style cringe humor that Jimmy and Ant are so good at, I have enjoyed listening to shows from the "Nopie" playlist more and more.

Having said that, I was flabbergasted to find that LITERALLY just a few days after Opie and Jim fought on the air (12-2-15) about Ant, the youtube user account "Chris Davis" has VANISHED. What the fuck, dude? I would never imply or even believe that Opie had anything to do with it whatsoever, but the timing sucks. The timing itself makes Opie look even more "harassment diva" than the situation with Ben made him look (and I'm not defending Ben, but if a man sends me 'harassing' messages, I'd confront him- not call the authorities).

I always loved and defended Opie over the years, but since Ant's firing I have learned more and more that he's more like a scorned lover than a typical dude. Patrice would bust his balls if he were still around...

24. nyquil

nyquil Well-Known Member
    Donator

CD vanished because he uploaded TACS clips unfortunately. Rat and Keith are bastards about giving out strikes and pulling clips. They DO have a choice to monetize all of their clips and place ads on them, they could block them worldwide without giving strikes, but they choose to pull and give strikes every time. Anthony's staff is the reason that Chris Davis' account was terminated.

IMO If anything, Anthony is far more of a scorned lover than Opie. He got himself fired and then he was mad that a guy he had no relationship with and attempted to have no relationship with for years, a guy who's wedding he left early with other guests to gamble in AC, didn't go out on a limb to save him. SXM execs didn't like the guy around it doesn't fit their outrage-proof image, he was too much. He ruined tons of bits by sucking the funny out of them and replacing it with all of the statistics and factoids he read on Stormfront the night before. Most of the most legendary things they've done all have Opie there too. I totally agree with you on your points about Opie devolving into a shitty radio guy since becoming a dad, he bait and switched all of us and turned the show we knew into something we were never interested in listening to. It's WAY too late for him to reinvent himself and he's delusional to think that it will work for him. He's delusional to think that he will ever be a social media star with his reputation with millenials on the internet, and all of the hate he gets from random trolls. it will not ever take off. They both fucked everything up. All comes down to communication, Opie's insecurity and Anthony's passive unassertive approach to everything and inability to display humility.

Ditto97 and Chip Spackler like this.
  25. nyquil

nyquil Well-Known Member
    Donator

P.S. -- all of 'Nopie' shows are streamable

Here

( archive.org/details/OpieAnthonyNopie343209 )

and here:

( archive.org/details/OpieAnthonyNopie2 )

The thing seems to embed itself and only show one show, but the actual links have all 60

Chip Spackler likes this.