Show Marathons

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Just after Christmas and TV DVD sets. Writer's strike. Etc. What shows are you currently marathoning?

Lately I've been completely obsessed with watching old MST3Ks on youtube. Such a great show.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
The Wire on demand before season 5 starts and Heroes season 1.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Lost, just about on Season 3 in time for Season 4 at the end of January, and I'll be starting The Wire after that.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
Just plowed through the whole second season of Dexter. Got nothing to move on to, though. Looking for suggestions.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I'm DVRing the entire futurama marathon. I've also been watching all three seasons of always sunny in philadelphia

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
X-files box set..all 9 seasons.. I never realized how many episodes I'd missed first time around.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
I'm currently watching Firefly. It's not on TV, but dl'd the torrent last week. I highly recommend it. I missed it when it was on back in '01 so seeing it for the first time. What a fucking underrated sci-fi show. Shame Fox dropped the ball on that one.

It is available on DVD though. Currently more than 1/2 off at Amazon

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
X-files box set..all 9 seasons.. I never realized how many episodes I'd missed first time around.
Oh wow. I saw that at Best Buy and had to fight not to buy it. I only have 2 seasons on DVD. I get them at BJs for like $20 each, but it's hit or miss whether they have any.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I rarely watch a show during the season, I always wait until it's done so I can watch them whenever I want , without commercials and in a row. Lately I've been catching up on The 4400, Weeds and Dexter. I'm also in the middle of watching the entire X-Files and I'm just finishing the seventh season of CSI (I started from Season 1 about a year and a half ago).

Serialized shows are so much better when you watch them like 2-3 episodes at a time. I watched the first 2 seasons of Lost in about 2 months and it was one of the best viewing experiences ever, but when season 3 rolled around and I had to wait week to week and then for the hiatus it totally sucked, it really detracts from the impact the show has. That's why when the new season starts, with or without the strike effecting the number of episodes, I'm just gonna wait and watch them in a row.

So the producers and the writers can go screw, I have more shit to watch than I have time.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I have epsidoes of the Shield DVRed ranging from seasons 2 and 6 that I'm watching. I'm also going to catch episodes from the Man vs Wild marathon that is running tommorrow, that I have missed. Also need to start watching the epsidoes of Life that I have recorded before NBC starts to air first run episodes.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I wanted to marathon a couple of seasons of The Wire but have only found time for the 4th, which Ive been watching on DVD. After this Ill try and bang out Lost Season 3, assuming work and school dont get in the way.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Just got competely caught up w/the Wire and I'm finishing off all of Extras. Watching Freaks and Geeks next.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Just after Christmas and TV DVD sets. Writer's strike. Etc. What shows are you currently marathoning?

Lately I've been completely obsessed with watching old MST3Ks on youtube. Such a great show.
MST3K never gets old.

I don't know if I'll do the marathon thing but I might do my own network thing. Maybe set up a multidisk DVD player and put in my TV show DVDs and have my own programming of old showsa to tide me over.

Apr 12, 2003
cleveland
few months ago rewatched all buffy and angels

rewatched alias beginning of the year, going to rewatch all farscape, undeclared, and freaks and geeks starting in 2008

Steam

May 18, 2003
Watching The Office Season 3 again on DVD, but am currently watching SVU on USA and their commercial filled marathon.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Im thinking about watching Firefly and the movie Serenity again this week nothing else is on.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Sep 28, 2006
south florida
newsradio. currently on season 3, disc 2. so, about halfway through.

then we're going to start on "the dead zone" with anthony michael hall. the gal loves it, i've never seen it. i'll give it a try though.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I have the Riches and Dirt coming to me through blockbuster. I didnt catch any of these when they originally aired. Is Dirt any good?

Dirt is pretty terrible, but in a way its so bad its almost like trainwreck TV. The Riches is pretty entertaining although the premise got a bit ludicrous at times.

And if anyone is looking for suggestions, you absolutely must check out The Wire Season 1. If you do watch it and you find it slow, please give it a shot and see the season through. Id be shocked if you were dissapointed.

Id also recommend Deadwood and Rome, too, and of course, Curb Your Enthusiasm. Arrested Development is also must viewing.

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
few months ago rewatched all buffy and angels

rewatched alias beginning of the year, going to rewatch all farscape, undeclared, and freaks and geeks starting in 2008
a ton of those young actors and actresses went on to new projects after that show