Show Segmenting on XM

GoldenOne

May 17, 2007
Bridgewater, Joisey
Just wondering of anyone else has found in the last 2 weeks the live XM show has been segmented via pad data horribly? Most of the time it is just the commercial that comes out of break is showing as 5 minutes long, so if you skip it you miss the 1st 4 minutes of live show. Not a major deal and I can deal with listening to 1 commercial prior to the boys coming back live, but today is the 2nd time in a week someone just decided not to segment a break for 1:04:06 on the FM side. That was a shitload of Led Zepplin channel and Ski reports from Colorado to deal with on the recorded show. Hope this doesn't come off as a bash thread, cause that is not my style, but it really pisses me off when I record the show to skip the commercials and listen to the whole show in a little over 4 hours, and have the Pad Data be accurate. For all I know this is a evil master computer issue and no one is at fault. Just my rant.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i don't skip any seg longer than 2 minutes
just ff bro

it happens occasionally
not a big deal for me

PMB917

Black Earl fan since day one
Oct 4, 2004
Peabody MA
I herd pad data is supposed to be updated 60 times a show.

Dec 19, 2005
They do a shitty job with the pad data.
It might show a commercial for the goddamned Zeppelin channel, but it's actually 25 minutes long...so nothing to show that the guys have come back. oh well...

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Its XM's way of getting you to listen to the commercials...MAAAANNNN

Feb 24, 2006
All this time I thought it was my radio going bad. Now I know it's all Earl's fault. "N-E-W Peace oout"