Show some love for Opie's "passion".

PMB917

Black Earl fan since day one
Oct 4, 2004
Peabody MA
Screw all the haters...These last few days, Opie has shown why he's the most important part of the show. He is the driving force of the show. His passion, desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed is what makes this show great. Anthony and Jimmy may be the funny ones, but its Opie's drive that makes the show what it is.

My favorite shows ever are those where Opie talks about how badly they want to succceed. Todays and yesterdays shows were to of me all time favorites. Everyone please, show some love for Op's passion and encourage him to keep it up.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Opie Fucking Rules!!!
Op angry and pissed
Kill!Kill!Kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
thanks op for everything :)
Jimmy cant wait for u to come here to good ole Rhode Island in November

Feb 20, 2007
Opie is our General. He not only controls us Pests, but he motivates us as well and we will do anything for him. If he wants us to take over Phily, we will.

Valk

Spreading the Virus on NJ GSP 91 to 148
Aug 20, 2006
Point Pleasant, NJ
I understand both sides of the argument. But this brutal openness with the listeners is why I will always be a pest. On what other show are you gonna hear shit like this? :clap:

NortonsGravyLeg

Aug 20, 2005
Phoenix
You stole my thunder with this thread, I was going to post a similar one. I couldn't agree more sir. Opie really shows that he has passion for what he does. Nevermind the recent stuff like working for free in Philly. He has always been this way and I think it's a testament to the fact that OnA have had the success they've had. If you put it into perspective they really are an aberration of conventional radio. They've spent their carreers pissing people off and going totally against the grain and despite some pitfalls along the way that passion that Ops been displaying lately and really all along is what has brought them to where they are. OnA one way or the other will always win in the end!

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
I hope it is infectious (not the Virus thing, I never liked that. Feel it is a negative word and concept)

It almost can be said that he got caught. There has been a lack of passion over the air from the show for a while now. It seems he got called on it by Philly. I don't know.

I know he is an amazing Radio/Business guy. I like his enrgy now. No, I love his energy now.

Keep at it Op.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
it makes me all wet when Opie gets all passionate and angry :icon_redf (its so cute when he gets riled up and his voice cracks too :icon_wink)

it's a shitty situation but a great reminder of one of the many reasons I love the show

Blu Swade

Vajayjay lover!
Jan 25, 2006
Screw all the haters...These last few days, Opie has shown why he's the most important part of the show. He is the driving force of the show. His passion, desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed is what makes this show great. Anthony and Jimmy may be the funny ones, but its Opie's drive that makes the show what it is.
Totally agree! Poopie jokes can be fun but there is nothing better than a pissed off Opie ranting, raving and laying it all out bear for everyone to see. The honesty of this show and the Frank manner in which all three discuss their lives is the true magnetism of the show and the reason they have such a loyal rabid following. There is no other show or medium that displays such cringe inducing "truthiness".
Bravo Ope! Go get 'em!:clap:

patty's wig

Dec 9, 2004
I hate these kiss ass reation threads but I do agree that Opie is the motivated driving force of the show.
I first noticed this in the XM days when he got pad data changes (for the myfi folks).
I also met him in DC and couldn't believe how cool he was in person.

esswhy

Ever Broken a Puerto Ricans arm for sweat pants $?
Mar 26, 2007
Mad and evil Opie is the best, he's the funniest when hes like this. I love it.

I think the rest of the staff is a little uneasy when he's like this.

krispykreme

Jun 23, 2005
People always question what Opie brings, and yet thats what he does bring passion, lots of it. I'm fired up from hearing him today.