Showerhead help

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
I've been looking for a good showerhead. The last couple have had shitty water flow and low pressure compared to the 20+ year old model that got thrown out a year or two back. Something to do with the 2.5 gallon per minute cap that the feds put on showerheads.

I don't give a shit about the environment. Just give me a showerhead that produces civil rights supressing water pressure.

Are there any raging alcoholic plumbers here that can help me out?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The Commando 450

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
dude I bought one at walmart for like $7 a few weeks ago that works great for me

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
all ya gotta do man, is pick the water saver black thingy out of the part that screws on;)

Apr 22, 2005
Bucks Co., PA
Thanks guys. I can't even sell a fucking bath product on the board without being cockblocked.

:(

LBF

Banned
Jun 18, 2005
West Tennessee
I've been looking for a good showerhead. The last couple have had shitty water flow and low pressure compared to the 20+ year old model that got thrown out a year or two back. Something to do with the 2.5 gallon per minute cap that the feds put on showerheads.

I don't give a shit about the environment. Just give me a showerhead that produces civil rights supressing water pressure.

Are there any raging alcoholic plumbers here that can help me out?

Dude, just buy a vibrator :action-sm

SteveSteele

1 dog's goin this way..1 dog's goin that way...
Nov 22, 2004
New Rochelle, NY
all ya gotta do man, is pick the water saver black thingy out of the part that screws on;)
The resident Wackbag raging alcoholic has a point. Just remove the low flow valve from your showerhead and you'll have all the pressure you want.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
I'm all for removing the little water saver thingie. Except my PRV is on the fritz and the street pressure here is over 100 Psi. Ouchie.

Apr 22, 2005
Bucks Co., PA
I'm all for removing the little water saver thingie. Except my PRV is on the fritz and the street pressure here is over 100 Psi. Ouchie.
That explains the grey! You're washing the color right off your hair.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
DUDE! Not to scare ya, but you better get yourPRV straightened out, especially if you have any pecs piping... Pecs blows off its fittings over 100 lbs... and you aren't suppose to expose solder joints to anythng over 80 PSI.

If your house aint ancient, or have plasic lines you'll probaly be ok,... but just givin a heads up...

If I were you I would also change your washing machine hoses to the braided steel kind with that kinda pressure you'll be poppin the rubber ones.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Thanks guys. I can't even sell a fucking bath product on the board without being cockblocked.

:(
I'll probably buy one from ya, relax. Although, that $39.95 handheld one on that site looks tempting.

I looked through that book you gave me, and to me, they all look the same.

I'll have to make my wife take another look and pick something out.

I want to rip our current one off the wall.

We have good water pressure and volume. When they put in the new submersible well pump they installed a 40/60 pressure switch. We had a 30/50 switch with the piece of shit jet pump.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
Oxygenic has a good showerhead.
http://oxygenics.com/landing.html

I have one from my old place. I just never got around to swapping it out because I like the shower head here. I may do that this weekend.

And no, I did NOT leave my expensive shower head behind when I sold my house. Fuck the fucking fucko that bought it. :)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Showerhead is easy. You stand and lather while she gets on her knees. Be sure to be the one closest to the water, 'cuz who fucking cares if she's cold.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I am 6'1 and my wife is 5'10. We installed this one in the master bathroom when we moved in b/c we were sick of getting hit in the stomach with the water...I hate low showerheads...Hotels that have had the bathfitters remodeling are the fucking worst...the showerhead is at your shoulders. It's something like a WaterPik NVFL and has GREAT flow. The flex is stiff, so it stays where you put it. We bent it up and then down so it is almost a foot above where the pipe comes out

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Well, I had to break down and go buy a new showerhead myself yesterday afternoon. I got out of bed around noon and went to take a shower. The fucking piece of shit we had broke while I was trying to adjust it. My wife is alot shorter than I am so it's gotta be positioned differently for each of us. The thing was a piece of shit and like I posted before, I was planning on replacing it anyhow. But shit happens, as they say.

My wife was asleep (she works nights). I knew I had to buy another handheld one or she'd bitch. I couldn't care less, but she insists on that kind. So, I ended up going to Lowes to see what they had. I had a $25 gift-card to spend and didn't want to spend more than another $25 or $50 max above that. I wanted to make sure I got something that my wife wouldn't bitch about and wouldn't cost me a fortune. This is what I ended up buying for $50 plus tax:

Water Pik Linea® 12 Mode NML-063 / Chrome

It's got 6 different spray patterns and a pressure adjustment lever, so they claim it's got 12 different settings (each of the 6 spray patterns on both high/low pressure). It does the job, gives a good solid high-pressure spray. I like it, the wife approved, so I'm good to go.

One thing that caught my eye is that it said right on the package that it containted instructions for removing the flow/pressure restrictor (which of course I did as soon as I opened the package).

Since we have a well and don't pay for water, I don't care about water saving fixtures/features. But they ass-fuck us in terms of sewer charges (a flat $135 charge per quarter because they can't monitor our water usage). I'd let them install a meter on my well, but of course they aren't interested in doing that... Cocksuckers. Water/sewer combined was $45 less at the old house in the same township.

I also removed the restrictors (solid disc w/ a 1/8" hole in the center) from the diffusers on every faucet in the house a while ago. They don't spray water all over the place, but we've got good pressure and volume at every faucet. I hit the "Water Plus" and "Extra Rinse" buttons on our front-loading washer whenever I use it because it does a better job due to the extra water.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Showerhead is easy. You stand and lather while she gets on her knees. Be sure to be the one closest to the water, 'cuz who fucking cares if she's cold.
He said showerhead, not waterhead