Simpson wanted in fatal stabbing at affluent California home

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Different Simpson this time...:(

Like I said in the other thread, Murrieta is a nice area that doesn't really have these kinds of problems, so it's pretty shocking. One of my wife's friends at work is a good friend of the family.

MURRIETA: Search for stabbing suspect continues

By JOHN HUNNEMAN jhunneman@californian.com | Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:00 am

Police officers continued their hunt Wednesday for a man suspected of stabbing three people, killing one, in a Murrieta home early Tuesday morning.

"We're throwing every available resource we can at this," said Murrieta police Lt. Tony Conrad, adding that the department received a number of calls during the day from people who thought they had spotted the suspect.

The attacker, whom police identified as 19-year-old William Gary Simpson, fled the home in the 40000 block of Milkwood Lane on foot. His last known address was in San Bernardino County.

The coroner's office Wednesday identified the person killed as 18-year-old Saskia Burke, who was a senior at Murrieta Valley High School.

Her father, Paul Burke, 47, and a teen who was staying at the house, 17-year-old Connor McCormack ---- also a senior at MVHS ---- were injured in the early morning attack. They were taken to an area hospital and underwent surgery.

Both victims are in stable condition, Conrad said.

Paul Burke was expected to be released from the hospital late Wednesday or sometime Thursday, the lieutenant said. McCormack's injuries were more serious, and he is expected to remain hospitalized for several days, he said.

Simpson had lived off and on with the Burke family in its Murrieta home as late as November 2010.

In a message sent Wednesday afternoon to the high school's students, parents and staff members, Principal Renate Jefferson remembered Saskia Burke as "the kindest, nicest person."

"She loved her family, friends, school, sang in the choir when she was a freshman, danced, was an outstanding student and was recruited by the counseling staff to be an aide in the school's counseling center this year because she was so responsible, mature and helpful," Jefferson wrote.

Jefferson said she would be at the campus from 8 a.m. until noon Thursday to receive cards and donations for the Burke family.

In addition, the school's counseling center will be open from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday for staff members or students who would like to see counselors or gather to share their grief, Jefferson wrote.

Conrad said Murrieta police have increased patrols in the neighborhood where Tuesday's killing occurred.

"We know we have some neighbors there who are concerned," Conrad said.

In her message, Jefferson called McCormack a "strong young man who has high values of honor and integrity."

McCormack is a JROTC student at the high school with plans to join the Air Force upon graduation, Jefferson said.

Murrieta police Sgt. Phil Gomez said Wednesday that Simpson was an acquaintance of the family and was not part of a foster care or other program, as some neighbors had speculated.

Investigators have interviewed an acquaintance of Simpson who said he often relies on the bus for transportation, but also has occasional access to a blue or gray Subaru, Gomez said.

Murrieta police were called to the home at 3:55 a.m. Tuesday after receiving a 911 call that a woman had run from the house screaming her daughter was being stabbed, investigators said.

Authorities said they did not know if Simpson was invited into the home or had broken in.

Most of the family was asleep when they heard Saskia Burke screaming and rushed to her aid, police said.

Several neighbors rushed inside the two-story house and saw the attacker fighting with Paul Burke. The man then fled into a wooded area near the neighborhood just off Hancock Avenue.

Catherine Burke, who is the mother of the victim, and an older sibling in the house were not injured.

Conrad said two knives found outside the home Tuesday, one on the driveway and the other on the walkway near the front door, were believed to have been used during the stabbing.

The lieutenant said it is not known whether Simpson has any weapons with him, but said he should be considered armed and dangerous.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/m...680-501f-9e64-df0fd1a6fb19.html#ixzz1hUGt4CT0
GTR?

Surprisingly, just about every news account identified him as a savage.

So far, none of the tips had panned out, Conrad said. However, he urged the public to call if they believe they see Simpson, who is a black man with short hair. He is between 6 feet, and 6 feet 3 inches tall, and is very thin, weighing just 120 to 140 pounds.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
"We're throwing every available resource we can at this," said Murrieta police Lt. Tony Conrad

You better be. A pretty white girl is dead.

Side note - how does Afro Urkel overpower two grown men?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
"We're throwing every available resource we can at this," said Murrieta police Lt. Tony Conrad

Early morning attack....could have been sleeping. I really hope he resists arrests.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Having lived near there, I'd be hesitant to describe Murietta as "affluent". "Barely above ghetto" seems to be more fitting. It's one of those buffer cities between the dregs and the solidly middle class

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

This:

Early morning attack....could have been sleeping. I really hope he resists arrests.
Also helps when you go dressed as a ninja...

A foster child booted out of his foster family's home a year ago returned at the crack of dawn on Tuesday dressed as a ninja and armed with a knife. He stabbed his 18-year-old foster sister to death, and then stabbed her boyfriend and his former foster father before fleeing.

19-year-old William Gary Simpson Jr. is still on the lam after stabbing the family that took him in as a foster child. Saskia Burke, 18, died at the scene and her boyfriend and father are in the hospital, according to KTLA.

Her mother Catherine Burke witnessed the attack and has somehow been able to give interviews about yesterday's attack. "I want them to find him and shoot him. And I'm sorry that when I took the knife away last night I didn't kill him with it," she told KTLA. She called Simpson "selfish and arrogant" and added: "I hope that his parent who is a police officer and his mother, who did such a lousy job raising him, can take a look at themselves and realize what they created."

Saskia's grandmother Dorothy Burke told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that Simpson was booted out when Saskia's father noticed that Simpson seemed to be falling for her.

“My son noticed he was getting kind of smitten with Saskia. He said, 'I didn't like what I saw. He’s all googley-eyed and gaga and it gave me a bad feeling,’” Burke told the Press-Enterprise.

Simpson had been coming in and out of the house. He would stay with his foster family when he was having problems with his biological mother. He finally got the boot from the Burke residence a year ago. The Burke family stopped taking in foster children when Saskia's father Paul was laid off.
Video interview with the mom:
http://www.ktla.com/videogallery/66...-Triple-Stabbing-Speaks-David-Begnaud-reports

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Having lived near there, I'd be hesitant to describe Murietta as "affluent". "Barely above ghetto" seems to be more fitting. It's one of those buffer cities between the dregs and the solidly middle class
My brother lived on Bear Creek Golf Club and always think of that as Murrieta when I think about it. I guess the neighborhood is on the other side of the 15 where this happened, but still wouldn't call this house barely above "ghetto."

Guess they caught the guy.

Suspect arrested in fatal stabbing in which attacker wore ninja mask
December 24, 2011 | 1:01 pm

Authorities say they have arrested a 19-year-old man wanted in connection with the stabbings of three people inside a Murrieta home this week.The suspect entered the house wearing a ninja mask, police said.

William Gary Simpson Jr. was taken into custody around 9 p.m. Friday without incident at the home of his mother, Bernadette Simpson, in Hesperia, according to the Murrieta Police Department and inmate booking record.

Simpson was booked on suspicion of murder and two counts of suspicion of attempted murder. He is currently being held at Southwest Detention Center without bail.

The stabbings occurred Tuesday. Shortly before 4 a.m. police officers arrived at the house in the 40000 block of Milkwood Lane, where the suspect had entered the home wearing what family members described as a ninja mask. Upon arriving, officers found a young woman critically wounded. Her boyfriend and father also had suffered stab wounds. Witnesses told police that the suspect had fled from the scene.

The woman, who has been identified as 18-year-old Saskia Burke, died at the scene, according to Riverside County coroner officials.

The two men were rushed to local area hospitals and were listed in stable condition.

Homicide detectives learned that Simpson knew the family and had lived at the home as a foster child as recently as 2010.

Simpson allegedly had been on the run for several days before his arrest Friday.

In an interview with KTLA following the stabbings, Saskia's mother, Catherine Burke, described the stabbings and said her daughter had died in pain.

"I came downstairs and saw my child dead, and I had to take the knife from the guy that killed her," Burke said, holding her tears back. "I'm sorry that when I took the knife away last night that I didn't kill him with it."

Police have not determined a motive for the stabbings.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-stabbing-attack-murrieta-home,0,1587132.story

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Murietta has good and bad spots. They were one of the harder hit areas with the market crash and a bunch of "those people" moved in to otherwise foreclosed and abandoned homes. Temecula seemed to fare a little better with keeping an upper middle class residency, and of course heading north (Lake Elsinore and Menifee) unless you're in some gated community, that can be pretty rough in those areas.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Im going to guess that he will be found innocent on all charges.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Murietta has good and bad spots. They were one of the harder hit areas with the market crash and a bunch of "those people" moved in to otherwise foreclosed and abandoned homes. Temecula seemed to fare a little better with keeping an upper middle class residency, and of course heading north (Lake Elsinore and Menifee) unless you're in some gated community, that can be pretty rough in those areas.
We're actually moving to Lake Elsinore next month, but out of Moreno Valley, so I'm considering it a step up. And yes it's gated.

My brother bought his house for $1.2 million in 2004 and prices were still going up. He ended up selling a couple of years later though and took a beating. Basically lost a lot of his original down payment but he had flipped a few houses before that (his wife is a realtor) so he still made out in the long run.

Another update...

Police have not determined a motive for the stabbings.
I've got an inkling...

Simpson lived with the family for several weeks at a time, [grandmother] Dorothy Burke, 80, said. Dorothy Burke said she spoke with her injured son in the hospital by phone after the stabbing.

Simpson was asked to move out late last year, Conrad said.

“My son took him in,” Burke said. “He would spend two weeks with my son and then he’d go home for two weeks, and then he and his mother would get into problems and then he would come back.”

But when Paul Burke noticed that Simpson was becoming romantically interested in his daughter, he became uncomfortable.

“My son noticed he was getting kind of smitten with Saskia. He said, ‘I didn’t like what I saw. He’s all googley-eyed and gaga and it gave me a bad feeling,’” Dorothy Burke said.

The family recently stopped housing people in need because they couldn’t afford it after Paul Burke was laid off, she said.

Condolence messages were posted on Saskia Burke’s Facebook friends’ Web sites on Tuesday night. They described the Murrieta Valley High School student as a best friend, and like a sister.

She described herself as someone who was not artsy like her mother, a painter, or her father, who draws, or brother or sister who sing, but as “just me” with a name that no one can pronounce, after Rembrandt’s wife.

“She had long, red beautiful hair. She was so gorgeous there has to be another word to describe her,” Dorothy Burke said.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
We're actually moving to Lake Elsinore next month, but out of Moreno Valley, so I'm considering it a step up. And yes it's gated.
We bought our first house in Lake Elsinore in 2002. Sold in 2004 and moved to Florida. Made $180k on a $200k house.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Remember Mrtyrl Urkel? She kept trying to **** Eddie. It was uncomfortable.