I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Simpsons Co-Creator, with Terminal Cancer, Gives Away His TV Fortune

By Andrea Billups
07/28/2013 at 05:00 PM EDT

Sam Simon
Joe Kohen/FilmMagic
Sam Simon, who made a fortune as co-creator of The Simpsons, is enjoying giving away untold millions as he battles terminal colon cancer.

The nine-time Emmy-winning writer-producer, 58, says he is using his wealth to, among other causes, help shut down roadside zoos and abusive animal shows, fund a dog-rescue haven in Malibu, and fight hunger, he tells the Hollywood Reporter.

"I get pleasure from it. I love it. I don't feel like it is an obligation," says Simon, who more than 20 years ago co-created the animated FOX phenomenon with cartoonist Matt Groening.

"There is stuff happening, really good stuff, every week," says the upbeat Simon, who has had surgery and is currently undergoing chemotherapy.

A Stanford graduate raised in privilege in Beverly Hills, Simon, who is currently not married and has no children, was given a three- to six-month prognosis in May. He said his own family is fully taken care of, so now he's getting joy in his final days seeing his fortune – tens of millions annually in royalties alone – go to good use.

His Sam Simon Foundation in Malibu is worth $23 million, and other charities, like PETA, Save the Children and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, have also been recipients of his largesse.

"I want medical experiments on animals stopped. They don't do anything, and they don't work," Simon said of his future wishes. "Veganism is an answer for almost every problem facing the world in terms of hunger and climate change."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20720778,00.html

How about you give some of that cash to me. It would be a far better use of the money.

"I want medical experiments on animals stopped. They don't do anything, and they don't work," Simon said of his future wishes. "Veganism is an answer for almost every problem facing the world in terms of hunger and climate change."
I don't care if you are dying, you are still an asshole.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Now I know who came up with all the boring fucking Lisa storylines.

Hey, I am thinking of starting a roadside zoo. For $2million, I won't do it.

HandPanzer

Vergangenheitsbewältigung
May 30, 2013
I love vegans. They exterminate entire ecosystems to plant their crops in order to avoid eating animals. Seems wasteful to me...

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
like PETA and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
In other words he funds animal killers and terrorist.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
How can you battle terminal cancer?

No kidding, you'd think the TSA would put a stop to the fighting.

See, cause the cancer is in an airport terminal.

Get it?

I'm a little proud of how terrible that joke is.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I love vegans. They exterminate entire ecosystems to plant their crops in order to avoid eating animals. Seems wasteful to me...
Vegans are amongst the most self centered, egotistical, single minded jerkoffs on the planet. I dont mind their dietary restrictions but shut the fuck up already.
How can you battle terminal cancer?
Well technically life is a life long battle against death. Im currently fighting exposure to other human beings.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Vegans are amongst the most self centered, egotistical, single minded jerkoffs on the planet. I dont mind their dietary restrictions but shut the fuck up already.
I look at vegans/vegetarians like I look at people who never want to have kids - it's all good, but that's a personal decision, not a policy decision. You can't preach about abandoning the basic foundations of our species. That's like blind people preaching to other people to pluck their own eyes out too. You want to ignore your animal instincts? Be my guest, but know that you are the one that's weird, not me.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Dude is obviously trying to buy karma.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
"Veganism is an answer for almost every problem facing the world in terms of hunger and climate change."
Says the man with terminal cancer.

Go fuck yourself. I'mma gonna eat a cow
a pig and a chicken. Maybe all at once.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
No kidding, you'd think the TSA would put a stop to the fighting.

See, cause the cancer is in an airport terminal.

Get it?

I'm a little proud of how terrible that joke is.
Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay, Mr. Falcon.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
This is the funniest shit this guy ever wrote. He's like a (briefly) living parody of a clueless leftist multi-millionaire.

A "dog-rescue haven in Malibu"? Is that like giving $100M to a Hamptons soup kitchen?

What kind of a dope with hundreds of millions of dollars doesn't get regular colonoscopies? Nobody with money should die of colon cancer - totally unnecessary death. Like Frank Zappa.

I vaguely recall he was a buddy of Howard's.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Damn, too bad he isn't putting a chunk of his money towards anyone in his own species.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
"Veganism is an answer for almost every problem facing the world in terms of hunger and climate change."
That's easy for you to say, assfuck. You live in a country where even the poor don't starve. Try peddling that shit in Africa where meat is the only food source that's readily available because the soil has no nutrients in it.